What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The hemp seed hub: A thread for those who seek seeds and infos on hemp

dudin

I'm growing a 12.5% Finola hybrid right now 58N. Started to flower 2-3w ago. Nice late harvest.
I grew a dense Finola X DR sog od 2014 (seeds were made 65N by odh/oth)
180cm and one big cola. I'd say thumbs up at 58N (crossed it to a uk cheese X Danish gold).

Finola sure is a special one.

Edit: 50% Finola
5feqvt.jpg

Edit2. The selection odh did was silly. One in a field. If I remember correct he thought it might have been 50 000 plants. I saw that growth in those 50% finolas.
(Yes I have seen pics).

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Seems to combine very well with DR! And other standard autos as well. Having grown both varities, they're both extremely hardy on their own, those must be damn near indestructable :D

Is the strain with 12,5% finola a photoperiod dependant strain?

oldchuck

Veteran
I never perceived finola stalks as being particularly weak, they can take quite a beating and not snap. They're just not meant to carry a lot of weight so they stay thin. Did you mean the actual thickness of the stem?

Yes, I suppose so, thin stem, and they seem to do all right in wind. Short plants, heavy seed load when pollinated. But the main difference I'm seeing is their lack of suitability for fiber compared with many of the purely drug types I have grown. The hybrids grow much taller and need more fibrous stems to keep them upright. I like strong stems.

I'll take pictures today, maybe post tomorrow.

Dudin -- nice for 58 N. Are you the guy in Ireland? Also I'm not getting your acronyms. What or who is odc? And what is DR?

dudin

Dudin -- nice for 58 N. Are you the guy in Ireland? Also I'm not getting your acronyms. What or who is odc? And what is DR?

Nope I'm from Sweeden but I did send out 100x40packs of those 25% finolas. Incl a few packs to Ireland.
DR = dieselryder
ODH/OTH= off da hook / off the hook ( the go to guy when it comes to tough N breeding (65N) IMHO).

dudin

Is the strain with 12,5% finola a photoperiod dependant strain?

Who knows if it was early, auto or just the Finola doing its thang. When it comes to those multi hybrids (Finola X auto X auto X early X auto / photo X early) X auto.
Both the male and the female was early/auto enough to flower during 18/6 or so.
I'm a chucker baby :)

oldchuck

Veteran
Current crop

Current crop

This year they are all staying in the greenhouse. Planted in 10 gal, 7 gal, and 5 gal bags. Minimal feeding, just compost tea every couple of weeks. No bug or fungus problems so far. Keeping my fingers crossed. Not keeping any males. So far only one of the males has shown flowers as opposed to the pure Finola.

Pure Finola, crowded in 5 gal bags, planted middle of June:

picture.php

View image in gallery

Satori X Finola F1:

Ciskei X Finola F3:

This one is from a freebe single seed the name of which I can't remember but it was Dutch something so call it Dutch X Finola F1

Swazi X Finola F1

Two African crosses and two European bred drug varieties. You could call them field pollinated as I did minimal selection from minimal numbers. The hybrids all look pretty similar to me. I am at 44 N and none are showing flowers. Your observations are welcome.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Those are cool chuck! What is your goal with those? To extract the cbd or just to see what happens?

I bet most of those crosses would flower and produce seeds at my latitude (60+ n ) when pre-grown, that's their value up here. Sure adds a lot of outdoor hardiness to just about anything but you lose a lot of potency and yield too. I think it's the F2 and following generations where the magic happens, you get the full spectrum of thc and cbd, some of those phenotypes can be very euphoric.

oldchuck

Veteran
A very specific goal, Thule, one I have been working toward for the last three seasons. Cannabis can almost magically stop my epileptic seizures. And yes, I'm looking to raise the CBD component but am working without any testing options other than how it works in me. I make a concentrated ethanol tincture and spray under my tongue when I feel a seizure bubbling up. I don't think it takes a very high CBD proportion to make it work. I suspect the Finola CBD component is less than 5% but maybe I can bump it up by crossing to exotic hybrids.

Why do you think the F2 generation is magic? I grew the Ciskei X Finola F2s last year. I figured the F2 would produce a diversity of CBD/THC results so I mixed all the plants, leaf and flower, together to make concentrate. It works. This years F3s are looking pretty good.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I'm glad you found the CBD to help. very interesting! I have a friend with severe epileptic seizures and I've raised the possibility of trying something rich in CBD to help with the symptoms. Your experience just convinced me he has to give it a shot.

Finola has something like 1-2% cbd I think, a hybrid with something high thc results in intermediate levels of both cbd and thc. If the daddy was a 20% thc white widow I'd expect roughly 5% cbd, 5% thc. These F1 crosses do get you stoned but because of all the cbd it's a pretty dull, brain freezing experience for someone looking to get as high as possible. The ceiling is very low.

In F2 generation you can in theory get anything from 1-20% cbd plants to 1-20% thc plants but most of them will be something in between. I've found plants in the F2 that are high in thc and get you high, but still have enough cbd to alter the experience, I like those best for recreational use.

dudin

I'm glad you found the CBD to help. very interesting! I have a friend with severe epileptic seizures and I've raised the possibility of trying something rich in CBD to help with the symptoms. Your experience just convinced me he has to give it a shot.

Finola has something like 1-2% cbd I think, a hybrid with something high thc results in intermediate levels of both cbd and thc. If the daddy was a 20% thc white widow I'd expect roughly 5% cbd, 5% thc. These F1 crosses do get you stoned but because of all the cbd it's a pretty dull, brain freezing experience for someone looking to get as high as possible. The ceiling is very low.

In F2 generation you can in theory get anything from 1-20% cbd plants to 1-20% thc plants but most of them will be something in between. I've found plants in the F2 that are high in thc and get you high, but still have enough cbd to alter the experience, I like those best for recreational use.

I made canna infused oliveoil from my 50% Finola batch. It saved dads life. Docs gave him 2 1/2y to live and that's 1 1/2 year ago and since he chugged 1 1/2L/3 months the scarring of his lounges stopped.
He will probably die from it anyway but it sure seems to stretch the time he has.

Edit: he started eating strong meds at the same time but their best result should be to slow down the scarring speed with 50%.
It fucking stopped dead instead. Dad is a conservative gentleman and he firmly believes the combo oil + meds is giving him extra time.
I'm at least glad he tried. It's an inflammatory scarring suffocating sickness. It was worth a shot and from my point of view it helped. There is enough proof it can do magic with inflammatory shit so why not.

dudin

It's this shit.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiopathic_pulmonary_fibrosis

I told him to just take as much as he possible could just before bedtime. He slept like a dead man all night. Didn't cough. At the end he got a fair bit depressed (+90days). Totally fair. He was super (very super) high every night. It has a price to use heavy.
His last six results has been the same.
I'm soo glad I got that big 50% Finola harvest.

A bit OT but hey it's Finola-ish related.

oldchuck

Veteran
Thule, your friend may or may not benefit from a CBD/THC mix. There are many different types of seizure disorder. My own experience tells me that Cannabis has a short period of effectiveness. Ingesting it, like in capsule form, does not work for me. Research remains poor so us outlaws guess.

Dudin, good for your dad. The closer you are to death the higher you ought to be. Cannabis works best for old people in my opinion.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Thule, your friend may or may not benefit from a CBD/THC mix. There are many different types of seizure disorder. My own experience tells me that Cannabis has a short period of effectiveness. Ingesting it, like in capsule form, does not work for me. Research remains poor so us outlaws guess.

Dudin, good for your dad. The closer you are to death the higher you ought to be. Cannabis works best for old people in my opinion.

So cbd alone doesn't do the trick for you?

It sounds like tincture is the way to go then, I've made differing extracts high in cbd but never tinctures, I like that idea, fast absorption and all.

oldchuck

Veteran
So cbd alone doesn't do the trick for you?

I didn't say that. I've never had the opportunity of trying pure CBD or even high CBD but I do like a good mix. Good for the soul. I don't believe I've ever had a very high CBD proportion and I think that it really doesn't take much to stop a seizure.

I extract from frozen plant material, either my hybrids or pure Finola; one liter of 95% ethanol to 35-40 grams of weed, then reduce it to 120 - 150 milliliters. Works for me but the effect does not last long.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I didn't say that. I've never had the opportunity of trying pure CBD or even high CBD but I do like a good mix. Good for the soul. I don't believe I've ever had a very high CBD proportion and I think that it really doesn't take much to stop a seizure.

I extract from frozen plant material, either my hybrids or pure Finola; one liter of 95% ethanol to 35-40 grams of weed, then reduce it to 120 - 150 milliliters. Works for me but the effect does not last long.

I need to get my hands on some strong alcohol, they don't sell anything past 60% in this country but that's why we like taking cruises across the pond :biggrin: Even then 80% is the best I can do but if I'm not mistaking my friend used something like that and it worked out fine.

Finola has low levels of all cannabinoids but cbd dominates, so I wanted upgrade the total cannabinoid level. One quarter of PCK or any other indica does the trick but I also have a cross with some wild Nepalese in it. I expect around 5% cbd and very little thc from these. In the past I preferred using high cbd ruderalis as a basis but they are much slower flowering and unreliable in my climate. I don't like smoking the stuff so I'm looking forward to making concentrates.

oldchuck

Veteran
Thule, I reduce my alcohol concentrate using a small reclamation still. I get back about 2/3 of the alcohol for reuse. You can buy the parts readily. I think if you ran your 60% through such a device you could eliminate most of the water and get a higher percentage.

You sound pretty confident of your cannabinoid ratios. Do you have access to testing?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Thule, I reduce my alcohol concentrate using a small reclamation still. I get back about 2/3 of the alcohol for reuse. You can buy the parts readily. I think if you ran your 60% through such a device you could eliminate most of the water and get a higher percentage.

You sound pretty confident of your cannabinoid ratios. Do you have access to testing?

No, it's just maths. I estimate the average cannabinoid levels based on the parent plants. Most should have more than 1% and less than 10% cbd, each plant is different of course.

Hey there everyone, I just found this thread and thought I'd share a source for viable hemp seed. http://www.aliexpress.com/ always has a handful of sellers with hemp seed. So far all have been wide leaf seed type plants. TLC on a few samples came out 1:3 THC:CBD.

Bama, China

Bama, China

Bama, China x Pakistan Chitral Kush

Bama, China x Pakistan Chitral Kush

Seed size example.