What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

GreenAndFast

Yeah I didn't notice anything detrimental. That end product tho ... Had to put the joint out 3/4 of the way through and that is not me at all. Super fucking blazed lol

GreenAndFast

Yes, I ran them parallel.

Quaze is a perfect palette because I love the effect, and it’s very stable. I back cross it in until there’s just a hint of the out cross also It’s physically very distinctive so you can watch it morph backward as you add it back in each cross.

I add it to something with a trait I like and It’s usually just flavor (and possibly flowering time) that I’m looking for. The Durban, Zamildelica, Cinderella XX and pamplemousse added some pretty amazing flavors. Malawi was kind of nasty at the F1 and there are other crosses I’ve done with it that I haven’t even gotten the time to grow out a single plant yet.

“On their death bed, no one ever says I grew out too many weed hybrids”
-Anon
Sorry if you have answered this man but what is the lineage of quaze? Sounds super interesting.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah man my Zamdelica x Congo had 3 leaflets most of the plant and single at the top.
My cut of JH I selected have at begining 1 and 3 leaf blades

This is what we normally see. After a good veg, they mostly grow out of it. Meristem tops will grow single and 3 blade leaves often.
I've not seen a whole plant with just 3 no matter how long I veg. I have 3 more seedlings that are also showing just 3. Im getting some feedback from another grower theres are also 3 on them. I asked if he could check if there are any 5's or more. Very interesting trait.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Orange N Mango clone from Feminized seed = California Orange bud clone 🇬🇧 90's cut
X
Silver Nevil clone Reversed

amazing Citrus/Mango/Frankincense flavours intertwined , really early for a Haze and can have 9 week phenos most 10 weeks. Very nice Haze dom High

20220806_114845.jpg
20220806_114853.jpg
20220806_115233.jpg
20220806_115241.jpg
20220806_115246.jpg
20220806_115254.jpg

Passenger101

Sorry if you have answered this man but what is the lineage of quaze? Sounds super interesting.
Sorry, I’m to lazy to rewrite or edit this, but this was my answer to Raho a week or two back.

So on to the Quaze Haze question. I got the seeds from a Dutch coworker here in the US. I think it was 5-6 years back, so 2016 or 2017. She said some family member ( maybe her brother) bred weed in the Netherlands. I told her I was super sensitive to weed and anything with even a little indica makes me tired, forgetful and just generally shitty feeling. She went home for the holidays and brought me back 12 seeds marked Quasar, and a bunch of delicious stroopwafels. Over about a year I germinated the seeds. A couple died, but all the rest were female so I assume they were feminized. They were all fairly uniform in size, taste and effect. Tall, thin leafed, very fox-tailed,very easy to clone, light citrus haze flavor. The high for me has no ceiling, but I’m a lightweight. It’s very energizing with little to no paranoia The effect can last for 3-4 hours and when it wears off there’s no side effect, no tiredness, you’re pretty much right back where you started.

There were two plants that flowered faster (around 10 weeks) so I crossed them. Their offspring is what I’ve been using since. I’ve got around a thousand + female seeds hanging around, if anyone wants any.

Here’s the sad part of the story. I got two Barney’s farm Dr. Grinspoon seeds back in 2019 to see how similar they were to my Quasar/Quaze. They were pretty F-ing similar. The taste was a little more haze on the two Grinspoon and the flowering time seemed a little longer, but the size and foxtails were the same and the high was pretty much identical.

kro-magnon

Veteran

Piff_cat

Lynch dataset can help ya out here. The basal clade of se Asian nld which holds primal sayiva/east Asian hemp bottle. Basically means the basal clade share an ancestor none of the other lines have. This chart has several copies grinspoon and nevs they score essentially identical.

meaning Grinspoon is derived from nevs in some way possibly an s1 throwback etc. Can't say for sure on quaze since not listed.
Very nice ... I've been searching/reading as much about it as I can find. It seems to be an uncommon Sativa trait. Finding any relevant info isn't easy. I'll keep looking for any info I can find..
I think the fenotrigo thread at mn$ is still up. Fentrigo a very cool word in Spanish cannabis term used by ganja growers. Translates literaly to wheat.
Then in se Asia they have a line called snaketeeth guy from zomia collected. This is more of a scorpion tail. Speaking of which many Punto Rojo lakitan kibung sinai have awesome scorpion tail and wheat phenos with colored calyxs alternating colored stems almost like an ornamental.
Fenotrigo seems to show up in oaxcan crosses especially mystic funds demonlatcher haze f1 or the isolated pearl/fenotrigo pheno

Piff_cat

1661458317747.png

1661458529582.png

1661458560964.png

1661458637160.png

1661458769502.png

1661458830374.png

Some cool examples qnd here is a standout grinspoon profile from Washington outdoor . Recent indoor/outdoor test showed first 3 monoterpenes lost inside are limonene ocimene and Linalool. Q long flowery old genotype would use linalool in the ripening stage after directing transcription priority away from ocimene and limonene which are big time insect weapons.
1661459230426.png

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lynch dataset can help ya out here. The basal clade of se Asian nld which holds primal sayiva/east Asian hemp bottle. Basically means the basal clade share an ancestor none of the other lines have. This chart has several copies grinspoon and nevs they score essentially identical.

meaning Grinspoon is derived from nevs in some way possibly an s1 throwback etc. Can't say for sure on quaze since not listed.

I think the fenotrigo thread at mn$ is still up. Fentrigo a very cool word in Spanish cannabis term used by ganja growers. Translates literaly to wheat.
Then in se Asia they have a line called snaketeeth guy from zomia collected. This is more of a scorpion tail. Speaking of which many Punto Rojo lakitan kibung sinai have awesome scorpion tail and wheat phenos with colored calyxs alternating colored stems almost like an ornamental.
Fenotrigo seems to show up in oaxcan crosses especially mystic funds demonlatcher haze f1 or the isolated pearl/fenotrigo pheno

Thanks for the info. I'll def try to find it and give it a good read.

Sub24ox7

Dried pan-o-haze from jc medium Large headed trichomes, smells of peppery sour lemon baby powder.
Great buzz,… up pleasant buzz.
I’m also vaping mm x thia78 and it’s the tastiest lip smacking thing. Lemon lime camphor just delicious. Anyway I love the pan-o-haze too. But the Thai is my favorite thing to test in awhile with the Punto rojo x Congo #7 right behind it. ✌️
78C022B8-F03C-4511-931B-127E81BEC53E.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts