What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Ncali

Veteran
Beautiful flowers Ncali
:tiphat:

Can you tell us the origin story behind this "Santa Cruz pure haze"
As a name, it really could apply to any pure oHaze.
I assume this means it is something different? Maybe something not through Sam?

Lot of cool names being put on lines these days, sometimes unintentionally obscuring well known origins.
Thanks mate!
Thank you Raho

These beans were from DocD seed co aka magic spirit seed company

The dude is is closing his mailing list, last month to get some of his beans for a while

He works closely with Bodhi and uses a lot of bodhi cuts. Bodhi is a santa cruz local, as many haze heads know also the birthplace of haze via Haze bros.

I would imagine a cut rocking the name Santa Cruz and Haze from bodhi... probably something interesting.

Male donor is the a5 haze from nevils work, just hoping for a Dutch haze back cross to ancestral haze. And I got a frosty one.

Ill get back with Docs response if he's willing to share.

Last edited:

Nobody's Nursery

Thank you Raho

These beans were from DocD seed co aka magic spirit seed company

The dude is is closing his mailing list, last month to get some of his beans for a while

He works closely with Bodhi and uses a lot of bodhi cuts. Bodhi is a santa cruz local, as many haze heads know also the birthplace of haze via Haze bros.

I would imagine a cut rocking the name Santa Cruz and Haze from bodhi... probably something interesting.

Male donor is the a5 haze from nevils work, just hoping for a Dutch haze back cross to ancestral haze. And I got a frosty one.

Ill get back with Docs response if he's willing to share.
Pretty sure the Santa Cruz Pure Haze came to Doc D from Kiona.
I'm told it has a similar lime/vodka terp profile as gooey breeders Old Mendo Haze with some added flinstone vitamins terps.
Interseting to note that Gooey breeders OMH line was orignaly sourced in Santa Cruz and then worked in mendo before he got it.

Ncali

Veteran
@Ncali
What kind of smells are you getting from the Santa Cruz Pure Haze x A5 Haze/Thai Bx?
Hi NN

She isonly 6 weeks or so flower. Maybe less than half of her journey.

If i rub glands on my fingers i do get smells from oils. She is not really strong smells, camphor, lemon lime sweet, maybe fruity delicate old lady perfume. She is sweeter and not the typical haze SPICE right now. MNy weeks to go, many seeds of this to pop potentially.

From Doc:
the SC pure haze cut came to me from the guys out at kiona farms, I asked but they had very little back story.... I will say the cut is impressive, unique, and seems to lack the dutch haze influence. This cut is a very refined NLD cultivar with great branching/structure, manageable stretch, excellent resin production and brighter SE asian aromas... seems like a colombian/thai cross IMO... tighter colombian frame with a thai nose. Hoping the A5 Haze/thai male can bring the flowering time down into the 12-14 week range and up the flower density.

A tangent:

This girl from csg, the monster in my corner, is a very haze leaning sssdh that smells strong of lemons and exotic spices. She burns the strongest incense smells, so much i retired my nevils haze mango plant that was previously my "incense girl". This girl is a champ. Frosty, smelly, and good strong haze. Selected from my last pack of SSSDH regulars from Connoisseur Genetics, maybe circa 2015. No more plants from the pack, I had one male and dusted him to some things (SourD x a5thai, sssdh, nevils haze mango x golden tiger). I have a bunch of old res sssdh beans but not having lots of luck.

Ojd if you're out there, I hope you can bring back the sssdh regulars bud. I know that might not be possible. But I'd love to do a better male selection bro. Outback x nev might be another good daddy for this girl, if males exist. I just like the regs for preservation purposes.

20220602_214018.jpg

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
@Ncali

Gypsy still has seed from the original release and the IX release, from the snitch himself, still in the fridge and in stock on the bay..And they're pretty cheap as I'm sure he doesn't owe the snitch a cent.. ;) And not the best germination rates these days, but definitively viable seed in there..I have grown some out in the last 4 years...

1654420010485.png

1654420040761.png

Strongest haze A terps I've found in haze hybrid lines in the last 4 years though, have been the Simply Irresistible release from Chimera, without a doubt..Form of plant was from a very late to set and very long to flower huge budded SSH hybrid type form plant, to medium flower time sativa leaning hybrid forms with very much sativa bud, to more fluffier thinner sativa bud, very haze like in form but less foxtail/dreadlocks with a late to set flower but medium flowering time...All girls were uniform in the terps dept.Haze A, all the way...with a little bubblegum, citrus, cheesy sweetness in there, like the Island Sweet skunk has, but over powering incense and spice, sandlewood and nagchampa vibes, and big presence in a room once a spliff is lit, or even rubbed...Bud left to go brown in the sun for months forgetten about, still fills a room with presence rubbing the bud months after harvest and left on a counter in the open where sun can hit it through a windown and forgotten about...very volatile oils, but at same time very persistant and long lasting and very large volume verse amount of oil..I equate that with the haze ancestory..the closer to the A male I burn a plant, the more of that it has...the further away the more diluted it is..Other haze lines also have it..I'm not sure what male was used in hash plant haze aka hollywood haze as that is pure frankensense, but guessing it was an A outcross...

I'm very excited to be playing in this old genepool..to see first hand where our weed came from..I remember dutch seed/weed twenty years back to be on a whole other level to stuff today but wasn't sure to trust my memories, but the more I swim in the old genepools do I feel vindicated..The stuff was as good as I remember it! There is so much more today sure, thousands of thousands times more..but back then, shit was unique..every strain released was unique and there was fire in every line, some lines almost every girl used to be a keeper and we'd not make so much fuss as we do today as to which we mothered out for production..They'd all be good for that..except maybe blueberry, you'd have to grow some out and select the form you wanted..but the old stuff every line would have something unique and worth keeping..I remember twenty years ago we went past a mate and his dad was an old grower and he was raving about his ruderalis he grew..as we sorta were laughing under our breathe..yeah ruderalis ditch weed....there were no autoflowerers available back then but sensi had a ruderalis available that was outcrossed for semi auto short flower times...anyway that bros dad's ruderalis was a FUCKIN incredible smoke...grown by a skilled grower..no wonder he'd hung onto it for a good few years..how he managed to keep moms from flowering IDK..anyway off topic from haze completely..But growing through all this stuff based on A, C, NL5 and skunk..one can see where modern weed came from 100% and what we've lost..and how much genetic variety there was back then..4 clones could create permutations galore so much so that 30 years later they are still winning cups and the people still are not bored of all the variations on the same themes...Just like that Herer posted above, on looks alone it is up with most stuff..but I'm guessing that Haze C male will be strong in her, and she'd smoke better than most of most of most around because of that...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi NN

She isonly 6 weeks or so flower. Maybe less than half of her journey.

If i rub glands on my fingers i do get smells from oils. She is not really strong smells, camphor, lemon lime sweet, maybe fruity delicate old lady perfume. She is sweeter and not the typical haze SPICE right now. MNy weeks to go, many seeds of this to pop potentially.

From Doc:

A tangent:

This girl from csg, the monster in my corner, is a very haze leaning sssdh that smells strong of lemons and exotic spices. She burns the strongest incense smells, so much i retired my nevils haze mango plant that was previously my "incense girl". This girl is a champ. Frosty, smelly, and good strong haze. Selected from my last pack of SSSDH regulars from Connoisseur Genetics, maybe circa 2015. No more plants from the pack, I had one male and dusted him to some things (SourD x a5thai, sssdh, nevils haze mango x golden tiger). I have a bunch of old res sssdh beans but not having lots of luck.

Ojd if you're out there, I hope you can bring back the sssdh regulars bud. I know that might not be possible. But I'd love to do a better male selection bro. Outback x nev might be another good daddy for this girl, if males exist. I just like the regs for preservation purposes.

View attachment 18718537
Ncali
Its possible bro , i have the Original Rez release, my F2 i made for Rez and even my initial F2 before i made the batch for Reservoir seeds so lots to choose for to find a special Male and Females.
I will make a SSSDH Regular seed batch for release later in the year after summer.
Yours pictured looks like the early Orange pistil pheno i used in my original batch , real early it starts to orange up, heavy on the Frankincense , real nice terps and strong Haze High.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I also had lots not germ..but what worked with those and the old sam ones, was the fresh earthworm poo, and an incubator type thingy setup on a thermostat and heatpad, in a styrofoam fish box I had laying around..ones that didnt germ were eaten by worm poo critters..I remember now I tried a few methods but first bleach, hth, cant remember what ppm, if not a quick peroxide soak in and out and rinse with pressure cooked distilled water and then bleached or first I cant remember then into the incubated worm poo fresh out the worm bin, and a bunch of old stuff came up..lots didnt though..none of the old bog gear did..but those did.. :) proofs in my hands in the pics ..that aint no cookies..hahaha thats a fookin heart palpitation waiting to happen that's what that is..that shit is strong and anxiety inducing! hahaha

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
My mate surfs ten foot JBay on his longboard, no problemo, wins contests..he used to love this sativa I grew, for surfing on..which I lost, so I give him some of this and be like you dig the sativa, up weed for surfing try this..LOL the message I get back...he's like bro WTF you give me..that shit made me have a panic attack at 2 foot supers..no more of that shit for me man! LOL The haze hybrids...

Discorilla

Ncali
Its possible bro , i have the Original Rez release, my F2 i made for Rez and even my initial F2 before i made the batch for Reservoir seeds so lots to choose for to find a special Male and Females.
I will make a SSSDH Regular seed batch for release later in the year after summer.
Yours pictured looks like the early Orange pistil pheno i used in my original batch , real early it starts to orange up, heavy on the Frankincense , real nice terps and strong Haze High.
I'd be all over that! :D

Raho

Veteran
Pretty sure the Santa Cruz Pure Haze came to Doc D from Kiona.
I'm told it has a similar lime/vodka terp profile as gooey breeders Old Mendo Haze with some added flinstone vitamins terps.
Interseting to note that Gooey breeders OMH line was orignaly sourced in Santa Cruz and then worked in mendo before he got it.
Wow! Your first post here is a reply to me :tiphat:
Thanks for sharing the info.

You seem pretty savvy for a brand new account.
Might we know you by another name, or just new to forums maybe?

Nobody's Nursery

Wow! Your first post here is a reply to me :tiphat:
Thanks for sharing the info.

You seem pretty savvy for a brand new account.
Might we know you by another name, or just new to forums maybe?
Just by chance I was researching the Santa Cruz Pure Haze clone recently so when I popped in this thread and saw your questions about it I just shared what I knew.

This is the only screen name I have ever used.
Same Screen name on Instagram.....though its my 4th or 5th account since they always get reported.
Same screen name on breed bay and bean basement but I don't really post on those.

JohnnyChicago

Haze vs Cookie pheno of Animal Mints BX at day 25 of 12/12.
They are very quick... Not sure they qualify for this thread anymore...

"Haze" pheno looks like my keeper Haze Mints female. Without the caracteristic extreme stretch.

Used 4 Haze Mints males to preserve some variation on the Haze side. Very happy I did. :)
MintsBX.jpg

mintsbxin.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts