What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Acid beauty.
View attachment 18716804 View attachment 18716805
EL x RB
#1 View attachment 18716806
View attachment 18716807
The end is in sight for the el X rb. Can't wait. Smells like straight up gasoline or so my pregnant girlfriend thinks it does. Her smell is ridiculous at the moment. I think all cannabis company need a pregnant lady to determine the best terpene profile 😂
Sincerely my partner is also better than me at describing the scents of cannabis LOL
Hey, this acid beauty is really beauty! Very wild....

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Acid beauty.
View attachment 18716804 View attachment 18716805
EL x RB
#1 View attachment 18716806
View attachment 18716807
The end is in sight for the el X rb. Can't wait. Smells like straight up gasoline or so my pregnant girlfriend thinks it does. Her smell is ridiculous at the moment. I think all cannabis company need a pregnant lady to determine the best terpene profile 😂
My wife is pregnant as well but refuses to use her super smells to describe my weed jars 😂 stay blessed @GreenAndFast

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
20220530_092839 - Copy.jpg
20220530_092847 - Copy.jpg
20220530_111711 - Copy.jpg

Eearly phenos of Sensi's Jack....B and D how they call them.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
At day 56 they are full ready.
They have strech from 15-cm to 110-120....but finish like Shiva Sk...
Maybe Im crazy but im shure those phenos from this genetics play sam role in making of Chems,OG's and Diesels....they smell very close but they lack of terps comapred to OG....I think if you hit these phenos with afg/sk you will get something close to C,OG,D....

Thats just my toughts.
Have few more that will be taken at 63 days...few at 70...and 3-4 at 77....
They are are 10/14(almost first 3 weeks were 11/13) from begining and flowered from cuts...so maybe a week or 10 days every pheno would need more if its grown with another method or by another grower.

Sub24ox7

Thunk f-1 males
Haven’t flowered these yet. I did two others and backed them up too(collected pollen pollinated some branches on some thunk f-1 and mm x thai78 and o. Haze females and some punto rojo x Congo. And took cuts).

Attachments

• F3BA9902-23FE-4EC4-89E9-53DB57CD62AB.jpeg
    F3BA9902-23FE-4EC4-89E9-53DB57CD62AB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 0CB5AF63-A7E8-424D-88F2-110CD6F6DA44.jpeg
    0CB5AF63-A7E8-424D-88F2-110CD6F6DA44.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 41

Happy Times

Just bought 6 packs of AKBeanBrains original early 90s Sensi NL5 x Haze and plan to do a pheno hunt out of 72 seeds. All of them came up, so if I get 50/50 M/F ratio that will give me 36 females to choose from. Id like to have more, but thats all I can do for now.

Ive been smoking weed since 1967, and have seen alot of weed. The best stuff Ive seen for modern cannabis cultivation was in the early 90s and was a hybrid of some early 90s Sensi NL5 x Haze x Nevils Hashplant x Sk1. Id say the Hashplant was actually Sensi Hashplant, but they got those genetics from Nevil when he sold the company.

I also got 3 packs of a LTD release from Crickets and Cicada PNWHP X Puck Hashplant BC1. 30 seeds, all of them came up. The Puck is also known as Skelly, and was found in 1989 from Nevils Hashplant. Nevis HP was a cross of the Pacific Northwest Hashplant Female x PNWHP X NL1 Male BC1. I wanted the Puck BC2 but there was such a fight to get them from 3-4 different seed banks, the servers failed. I was lucky to get 1 pack each of the PNWWHP x Puck BC1 from 3 different seed banks on different days.

I also got 2 packs of Authentic Genetics Sk1 that came from Mel Frank and have only been bred 2 times since 1988, so these also havent had the crap bred out of them.

Im going to try and recreate th genetics I had in the 90s. Mine got taken by the feds. My partner ratted me out because he got caught with 500 clones I gave him to put on his 2000 acre farm, and then when they came after me I had about 750 more. I got charged fior manufacturing all of them and spent a total of 12 years with the feds. 7 years in federal prison, and 5 years supervised release. Ive been out since 2009.
Ive looked, and looked and bought at least $15,000 worth of seeds since 2009, and havent come close to anything like my old hybrid. And this includes a verified Chem91 Skva clone, and not an S1 either. I did also gave a buddy some good clones for mothers before I got busted, and he still has them. A pre 2000 AK47, a Pre 2000 NL5, and a cross of the AK47 x NL5. Ive also got a 2005 mother of Willie Nelson as well as a Male of the Willie, and the Male AK47 I used for the cross. My buddy preserved all of these, and I got them back after I got off of supervised release. I bought the Willie seeds, and he pheno hunted and kept the best female, and male out of 4 packs. We also have a Mr Nice Super Silver Haze, and he F2 2 packs, and went through 250 females to find the best one. It took a year and a half to do that. Hes now had it for 10 years. And he also has a mother of Dominion Seed Company Local Skunk, Dominion Skunk, and Granny Skunk. I buy the seeds, and he pheno hunts, and keeps the best male(s) and female. A couple strains he kept 3-4 males from, and bred a few branches with pollen from 3-4 males, and then revegged the males, grew out the seeds to find out which male threw the best pairing, and then tossed the other 2-3.. Males are as important, and as hard to find as a good female. Maybe harder.

But my NL5 x Haze x Hashplant x Sk1 was so good some people thought I put PCP in it. It would make alot of people super paranoid for hours, and made some people really sick, and dizzy for 3-5 hours. Ive seen people also get severe gastrointestional distress from it. Like almost crapping all over themselves. One of my friends ex girlfriends is still mad at me 26 years later because she swore I put PCP in it. Said thre was no way weed was that strong. She say by the toilet for 3 hours dry heaving, and paranoid..... Alopt of that is because if you hadnt eaten, it would drive your blood sugar into the ground, and kep it there for hours. It would also choke your brains out. Every hit was lungbuster, and was not safe to drive on. If you tried to hold a hit, it could make you lose your vision for 5-6 seconds, and then you would be coughing so hard you though youd get a hernia, or bust a gut.
When I got these genetics given to me. 10 seeds. When I smoked the finished product, it was the best stuff I had seen since the early 70s. Including vietnam Black, Sensi Santa Marta Gold, Oaxacan, Acapulco Gold, Panama Red. This stuff would compare with any of it. It also reeked of catpiss, and honeysuckle. It tasted like the best Nepali temple Balls, and was extremely floral. One time a buddy and I rented a house in 1993, and you could smell it all the way out in the street.

If I could ever recreate the powr, and the tase of that stuff, Id never need another strain again. I grew that strain from 1991-1997, and never got burned out on it, nor did I look for anyhting else just for variety. I had found my holy grail.

I plan on finding the best NL5 x Haze Female, and this year will breed 3-4 of the PNWHP/Puck/BC1 Males, to several Female Sk1 branches, and then next outdoor season breed the Male HP/Sk1 into the NL5 x Haze female. I would also like to try, and dig the females, and males back up, and reveg them under 1-2 1000w HID.

I also got a pack each of the LTD Release Crickets and Cicaada Sensi Star x Puck HP BC1, and a Pack of Nepali x PuckHP BC1.

Also got 2 packs of the Pure 80s Haze that Mel Frank got back in the 80s. 2 Packs of original Seattle Gregs NL5, 2 packs Pre 2000 Sensi NL5 from AKBeanBrains, 2 packs of Seattle Gregs NL2. We plan on finding as many of the best pure Haze Females, and breeding the crap out of it with various different strains/Males. Id love to see how a Haze x PNWHP/Puck BC1 Male would pair with the Haze. Duke Diamond VA has also promised me some NL5 x Haze x Skelly Hashplant seeds as soon as theyre done, and before they go to market.
Good luck RF- cool that you are hunting that old NL5/Haze.

That one stands out in my mind as some of the first really good herb I had was that old Fort Collins Cough #1 which I believe was NL/Haze.

After that, a friend bought some NL/Haze seeds from Sensi when she was in Amsterdam, probably around 1996ish? Total novice grower in a hydro setup with little attention paid and no flushing at the end. Buds still turned out amazing (to me at the time anyway)- what a unique flavor.

I’ve heard Sensi’s version ain’t the same anymore, hoping you get some winners in that bean popping round. Definitely interested your take on the AK Bean brains version.

Raho

Veteran
Do you guys like Santa Cruz pure haze x a5thai? View attachment 18718086

Beautiful flowers Ncali
:tiphat:

Can you tell us the origin story behind this "Santa Cruz pure haze"
As a name, it really could apply to any pure oHaze.
I assume this means it is something different? Maybe something not through Sam?

Lot of cool names being put on lines these days, sometimes unintentionally obscuring well known origins.
Thanks mate!

Last edited: