What's new

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is Tropical boogie? That #1 pheno looks great.

These are all of the THH X A5hbx x Mac
DSCN2806.JPG

The super small seedling im not counting on surviving. Ill try yo keep it alive.
DSCN2807.JPG

DSCN2808.JPG
DSCN2809.JPG

Sub24ox7

Hammerhead it is Kona gold x Tom hill haze f1
i need to keep better notes lol especially if I want to make since of what I’m doing. I got a lot going on too floating around in my head lol(always pot stuff) lol ask my wife. Anyway #1 expressed totally different from seed and I didn’t have it dialed in. That one from cut is dialed in if not just a tiny bit rich.
I have found these haze hybrids if you do everything right lol they can really express nicely with large calyx and lots of resin. I mean #1 from seed was long spear buds idk.
It’s fun to try and take a cultivar and grow it repeatedly trying to get the best expression and resin growth. Make it shine, wish I could do that more often.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammerhead it is Kona gold x Tom hill haze f1
i need to keep better notes lol especially if I want to make since of what I’m doing. I got a lot going on too floating around in my head lol(always pot stuff) lol ask my wife. Anyway #1 expressed totally different from seed and I didn’t have it dialed in. That one from cut is dialed in if not just a tiny bit rich.
I have found these haze hybrids if you do everything right lol they can really express nicely with large calyx and lots of resin. I mean #1 from seed was long spear buds idk.
It’s fun to try and take a cultivar and grow it repeatedly trying to get the best expression and resin growth. Make it shine, wish I could do that more often.

It can get very confusing at times.. I have to use Project # for everything. Names are just getting all jumbled up in my head. Too many things have the same names in different orders. I have to use Excell to keep it all correct.

GreenAndFast

Yeah both would be going straight in the compost for me I gotta be honest lol well the bottom middle anyway the top middle may have more potential haze in the mix

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah both would be going straight in the compost for me I gotta be honest lol well the bottom middle anyway the top middle may have more potential haze in the mix

I'll wait until all are harvested before judgment. Quality is all I care about regardless of which has more haze expression. Composting plants because they don't look hazy would be a mistake IMO. From what I've been reading all NLD is Indica. If this is true all haze is indica. Using Sativa is a misnomer. The PDF link that @Bnyest posted is worth reading

https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-ve...0#post18073246

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
It took me a long time to accept the truth about leaf width. It means very little. Sometimes it's the wide leaf plant that blows everyone's socks off. They do tend to be the faster finishers though.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's an update on Cherry cookies x C.Banana) x THH. She def looks more NLD type to me. Still trying to get that slight tip issue resolved under LED. Ive run out of options to try. Only the plants under LED do it. CMH plants are fine.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2860.JPG Views:	1 Size:	266.6 KB ID:	18077777
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2861.JPG Views:	1 Size:	263.8 KB ID:	18077778

GreenAndFast

It took me a long time to accept the truth about leaf width. It means very little. Sometimes it's the wide leaf plant that blows everyone's socks off. They do tend to be the faster finishers though.

I've yet to smoke one that has and that's not for trying. Anything you recommend?

GreenAndFast

Here's an update on Cherry cookies x C.Banana) x THH. She def looks more NLD type to me. Still trying to get that slight tip issue resolved under LED. Ive run out of options to try. Only the plants under LED do it. CMH plants are fine.

How much feed are they getting? The same as the CMH ones?

GreenAndFast

I'll wait until all are harvested before judgment. Quality is all I care about regardless of which has more haze expression. Composting plants because they don't look hazy would be a mistake IMO. From what I've been reading all NLD is Indica. If this is true all haze is indica. Using Sativa is a misnomer. The PDF link that @Bnyest posted is worth reading

https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-ve...0#post18073246

I said WLD not indica by the way. I know the difference.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How much feed are they getting? The same as the CMH ones?

Yes. My max ec is 1.3. It's too much a pain to feed plants differently. LED requires more cal/mag and heat than CMH plants do. So far its not enough of an issue to make a different feed for LED. I just put up an 8x4 to test LED alone to figure out what they need to look like CMH.

I said WLD not indica by the way. I know the difference.

All drug type is Indica regardless of BLD/NLD. I just went through this discussion in another thread.

This link that will explain it.
https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._indica_debate..

Broad- Leaved Drug (BLD) Type: Cannabis Indica spp. Afghanica

Plants under this category are most commonly referred to as “Indica” and are characterized by their short stature, broad leaves, high cannabinoid and terpene production, and copious resin production. As the Latin name suggests, BLD types are generally agreed to have originated either on the Asian subcontinent or possibly in Afghanistan- hence the high resin production, which protects the plants from excessive heat and frigid temperatures common in these regions. When it comes to aroma, indica strains tend to emit musty, earthy, and skunky odors due it’s terpene profile- β-myrcene, α-pinene, and camphene are the three common terpenoids found in these strains. Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, a French naturalist, was the first European botanist to classify this type in 1785.

At one time Indica strains typically contained around 15-18% total THC. However, with modern and improved cultivation methods some strains have been tested at over 30%, putting these strains’ cannabinoid content on par with Sativa strains.
Narrow- Leaved Drug (NLD) Type: Cannabis Indica spp. Indica

The Latin name may be a bit misleading, but NLD types are more commonly called “Sativa” in the commercial cannabis industry. Technically speaking, however, all THC- producing varieties of cannabis are indicas.

NLD types originate from Central and South America. This strain of cannabis is typically distinguished by its long, thin leaves, lighter color, and tall, airy buds. Plants can grow up to 20 ft tall when cultivated outdoors.

The THC of a Sativa strain will contain between 19-25% total THC while exhibiting sweet, fruity and/or spicy aromas from terpenoids such as α-terpinolene, limonene, and Linalool.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Yes. My max ec is 1.3. It's too much a pain to feed plants differently. LED requires more cal/mag and heat than CMH plants do. So far its not enough of an issue to make a different feed for LED. I just put up an 8x4 to test LED alone to figure out what they need to look like CMH.

Hammer, I still think you should try a different feed for the haze's. I had more issues with todds than thh but .8-.9ec was the sweet spot. That v+b I think has too much N either way. I didnt have issues under .9ec with maxibloom even. I may try PBP soil for them next time.

goingrey

Often the first few fan leaves on the stalk have rather wide fingers but later ones on the branches can still be really skinny. Not sure how that plays into the NLD/BLD dichotomy.

While I'm not totally against classifying strains as NLD or BLD, and it does have obvious benefits like the possibility for instant visual classification, there is also the issue that from the consumer's point of view leaf finger width is not exactly the most interesting aspect. What they are interested in is the chemotype. Does it get you high or does it get you stoned.. And for that the very well established sativa/indica terminology is not without value.

And sure, the most recent 2016 taxonomy from Clarke suggests both BLD and NLD as being "Cannabis indica" which is not in line with the colloquial use of the term indica. But on the other hand according to Linnaeus' "original" taxonomy from 1753 both BLD and NLD are "Cannabis sativa", sativa being latin for "cultivated", and it never seemed to be a problem.

Latest posts

Latest posts