What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Correct Cannabis Taxonomy

Broad- Leaved Drug (BLD) Type: Cannabis Indica spp. Afghanica

Plants under this category are most commonly referred to as “Indica” and are characterized by their short stature, broad leaves, high cannabinoid and terpene production, and copious resin production. As the Latin name suggests, BLD types are generally agreed to have originated either on the Asian subcontinent or possibly in Afghanistan- hence the high resin production, which protects the plants from excessive heat and frigid temperatures common in these regions. When it comes to aroma, indica strains tend to emit musty, earthy, and skunky odors due it’s terpene profile- β-myrcene, α-pinene, and camphene are the three common terpenoids found in these strains. Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, a French naturalist, was the first European botanist to classify this type in 1785.

At one time Indica strains typically contained around 15-18% total THC. However, with modern and improved cultivation methods some strains have been tested at over 30%, putting these strains’ cannabinoid content on par with Sativa strains.
Narrow- Leaved Drug (NLD) Type: Cannabis Indica spp. Indica

The Latin name may be a bit misleading, but NLD types are more commonly called “Sativa” in the commercial cannabis industry. Technically speaking, however, all THC- producing varieties of cannabis are indicas.

NLD types originate from Central and South America. This strain of cannabis is typically distinguished by its long, thin leaves, lighter color, and tall, airy buds. Plants can grow up to 20 ft tall when cultivated outdoors.

The THC of a Sativa strain will contain between 19-25% total THC while exhibiting sweet, fruity and/or spicy aromas from terpenoids such as α-terpinolene, limonene, and Linalool.

I appreciate the post but I didn't post the wrong Taxonomy. I understood TH post as all cannabis is Indica, including Haze. This is what is interesting to me.

That would mean all drug cannabis has Indica genetics.. If this is true it would explain why people see BLD in haze seeds. This would be a great discussion in the haze thread.

Last edited:

Fitzera

As i understand it:

Indica as in originates from India. In other words all drug type cannabis IS indica, regardless of nld or bld or haze or kush.

Doesn't mean that Haze was polluted with "indica genetics" in the new age thinking of indica vs sativa, it is indica.

The bld in Haze seeds I would suspect is either recessive traits or some sort of afghanica input at some point.

Last edited:

Bnyest

34E71FE5-67F5-435C-AE55-CB54EBA58292.jpeg
Bnyest Who is behind this classification? Is it originally from Clarke's Cannabis Evolution and Ethnobotany? (I really must get this book)

Yea it’s from RC
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...s-indica-debate.pdf?origin=publication_detail

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wouldn't it be better to say Asia, more specifically china that spread to other counties like India?... Its first recording medical use occurred in the earliest book recording Chinese medicinal practices, the Pen Ts’ao Ching, in around 2737 BC, in which hemp was recognized for its ability to treat over 100 medical issues including gout, malaria and rheumatism.

This is a nice Doc about its origins.

Fitzera

Wouldn't it be better to say Asia, more specifically china that spread to other counties like India?... Its first recording medical use occurred in the earliest book recording Chinese medicinal practices, the Pen Ts’ao Ching, in around 2737 BC, in which hemp was recognized for its ability to treat over 100 medical issues including gout, malaria and rheumatism.

This is a nice Doc about its origins.

As far as going by what Bnyest posted up from RC, would that not fall under the Chinesis?

I understand where your going though based on the first recordings. But then i wonder to myself if it was cbd in the hemp that was recognized for the medical benefits, unbeknownst at the time. And that it was hemp and not drug type?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm assuming they knew which plants had more THC testing them on sick people, they could tell which plants worked better. I highly doubt there was no THC in some varieties grown. There was a thriving hemp industry at that time.

Fitzera

Yeah that was just my thoughts, but looking at the chart chinesis and afghanica are both listed as 1:1 cbd/thc with the chinesis noted as mildly psychoactive and moderate resin.

I haven't read rc Clark's book though, maybe these questions are already answered if i did. Maybe it did originate in china, but india is where they found drug type first? Maybe it had been supressed in china over time? I can't say either way as im not well read on the topic.

Bnyest

Yeah that was just my thoughts, but looking at the chart chinesis and afghanica are both listed as 1:1 cbd/thc with the chinesis noted as mildly psychoactive and moderate resin.

I haven't read rc Clark's book though, maybe these questions are already answered if i did. Maybe it did originate in china, but india is where they found drug type first? Maybe it had been supressed in china over time? I can't say either way as im not well read on the topic.

Don’t just look at the chart open the link that I posted and press “download full text pdf” it’s going to open full publication

Fitzera

Don’t just look at the chart open the link that I posted and press “download full text pdf” it’s going to open full publication

I didn't see that...oh boy, I know what I'm doing for the next while! Thanks for pointing that out

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think that book is here somewhere, finding it is a different story. I've been reading that PDF link. This is what I found.

Cannabis indica likely originated in the Hengduan Mountains, in present-day southwestern China, from a putative drug ancestor that had evolved an enhanced ability to produce THC. Early C.indica populations diversified as they were introduced by humans to different geographical regions where they may have further evolved into the three subspecies, all of which produce THC..

Fitzera

I think that book is here somewhere, finding it is a different story. I've been reading that PDF link. This is what I found.

Cannabis indica likely originated in the Hengduan Mountains, in present-day southwestern China, from a putative drug ancestor that had evolved an enhanced ability to produce THC. Early C.indica populations diversified as they were introduced by humans to different geographical regions where they may have further evolved into the three subspecies, all of which produce THC..

I'm trying to figure out why indica. That mountain range is fairly removed from India territory so my only other thought is due to the India subcontinent?

Edit: Yes, I believe due to the subcontinent and not the country, now that I finally read the paper

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I wouldn't pay too much attention on the taxonomy. British India used to include Pakistan. Originally though, indica might as well have included anything from India. Drug cannabis. As opposed to cannabis sativa that was familiar to europeans.
Then in America they came up with a new unofficial classification when they wanted to claim indica as a different species, not realizing their Colombians and Mexicans were indica too.

It's not all that complicated in real life. Indica gets you high, sativa does not.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
They originally named BLD indica that they found in Central Asia as afghanica or kafiristanica, in contrast to what was generally referred to as indica (NLD) or Indian ganja.

We have two hundred years of trying to classify and reclassify cannabis. Now with dna sequensing technologies the classifications are bound to keep changing. I really wouldn't go too deep into it at this time for that reason alone.

acespicoli

:huggy:
... can tell...
the last "repro" of the legendary Tom Hill Haze...
got 3 Packs in total... 2 from Panik ... the other my own...
those where the last seeds that where sold and made in Spain by raco...
after finding out how amazing that haze line was ...
and finding out that all info was deleted here too... no Tom no trace and not many seeds left...
I'll decided to make a seed run and Panic supported me with two packs...
the seed run worked out very well ... and I'll returned the half for free !
no money involved ... was only to save the line and give others a chance to try ...
because I'll was fallen in love with the THH...
also shared it privately more than 100 times with all who where interested back than... ;-)
still have the best as cut's ... same with the OHz...

here some pic's from the seed making...

my absolute fav THH ... not the best yielder.. and 16 weeks + but the high ... was what drove me to make this seed run... everyone should be able to experience that ... was my thought

the half already harvested... the remaining are the longer flowering ... eg 16 weeks ... got 2 weeks extra to produce the best seeds ...
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

my fav ... 16 week... more lime green...

purple THH on young OHz

​​and here the OHz to compare...
​​

that was April 2019 ... when I'll finished the THH seed run and startet the next with the OHz...
also to save the line and share it for free...
but lately I'll see other posting my images and information from a private place here ... to make it look like that was there work... that sucks...
spend lot of money and time to make this possible... but still get punished for it...

haze = Curse & Blessing

Tom Hill
hope you can give us your final haze love sooner than later...
you see there is a huge demand :)

all the best
M.:smoker:

:bow:guru of all things haze, nice gallery you have put together M :thank you:

Last edited:

Heavy Dayze

Now that it is basically all free and it's a fair fucking fight I gunna break out the good shit catch me if you can ya feckers.

Hey Tom, sadly I don't have enough posts to access the PM button but Id love to extend and invitation to come onto the pot cast to discuss your work and thoughts on some topics?
Please let me know how to get in contact or drop me an email - thepotcast1@ gmail.com , would love to hear from you!

thanks mate.

Ncali

Veteran
Oh heavy, that'd be an epic podcast.

You doing an icmag series, or what dude. Lol!!

All the best, keep up the great work.

And Tom, glad you've always let your plants do the talking, and they're loud AF:good:

Breeders Retail

Hey all,
Great thread but could someone please get a super mod to move the thread to either a TH sub forum or somewhere more appropriate?

Closing this thread for now. It has run its course in the Chimera forum. A super mod can reopen it in another location if those contributing would like that to happen.

Sorry and thanks.