What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

D

DNM1

Damn, you have some serious variety going.
What aren’t you growing?
The seventh in flower,behind KA5H(Zamaldelica)
:)

Attachments

• IMG_2586.jpg
    IMG_2586.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2590.jpg
    IMG_2590.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 18

browntrout

Veteran
MadMac's Tom Hill Haze repro is available at seedbay. Might do the trick.
"incensey" is a pretty broad description of what you are looking for . . .

cheers
Have you grown it?

I disagree, most strains and a lot sativa hybrids don’t have a super strong incense smell or taste in my experience. Some woody and often accompanied with some fruity but not smelling strongly of incense be it frankincense/sandalwood or a combination.

The Nevilles haze hybrids I had years ago had a wonderful blonde hash / incense smell and taste. However that seed company is no more.

I am looking for something that has consistent strong incense smells/tastes wether accompanied by other smells or not. Obviously haze hybrids are known for this.

Anyone else replying: speculation and second hand accounts is much like lying if not stated.

JohnnyChicago

Have you grown it?

I disagree, most strains and a lot sativa hybrids don’t have a super strong incense smell or taste in my experience. Some woody and often accompanied with some fruity but not smelling strongly of incense be it frankincense/sandalwood or a combination.

The Nevilles haze hybrids I had years ago had a wonderful blonde hash / incense smell and taste. However that seed company is no more.

I am looking for something that has consistent strong incense smells/tastes wether accompanied by other smells or not. Obviously haze hybrids are known for this.

Anyone else replying: speculation and second hand accounts is much like lying if not stated.

Great last phrase.

Raho is right when he says that "incense" is to broad as description. Especially now after you wrote that sativas are less incensey...

That said, look at Karma's A5 line that will be released in a few month. There you will possibly find much more incense then you will be able to find in most of the Neville Haze hybrids.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Two examples of Khmer gold x Thunk at about ten weeks into flowering. [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74919&pictureid=2006176&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74919&pictureid=2006177&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] Why is it that lower buds are easier to get a good photo of?[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74919&pictureid=2006178&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
High expectations on these but the thunk crosses have not been what im looking for so far.
Overall thunk has been a bad choice to find uplifting clear buzz in pure form or crosses.
Still holding out hope on the f2s, lots of variation still to be had in those im assuming.

nice buds. it really depends on pheno, your male was probably skunkhaze pheno and that´s why it worked like that. I think its hard to find thai pheno as male, you would need a lot of them and do some excessive testing. to find thai female dominant its easier, but still one has to look for it more than for green ones.
picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
Great last phrase.

Raho is right when he says that "incense" is to broad as description. Especially now after you wrote that sativas are less incensey...

That said, look at Karma's A5 line that will be released in a few month. There you will possibly find much more incense then you will be able to find in most of the Neville Haze hybrids.

Interesting has anyone out there tested this one yet or totally unreleased to the public?

I was talking of sativa hybrids in my own experience, not so much blanket statement of sativas in general. And certainly nothing comparing sativas to indicas / hyrbids etc.

Regardless, my original post was asking of any reliably incense smelling/tasty strains. It is broad in the sense that there is much more than 1 strain or localized sativas/hybrids featuring these traits your right, however not so broad in the fact that I mentioned that I did not care of pedigree therefore I am looking for strains that match this description! I.E likely under 10% or even 5% of known/available hybrids/strains etc. feature these traits?

I'm only looking for answers that fit the bill, like if someone said Amnesia from Breeder A or Nevilles Haze x C99 from Breeder B or fuck knows a Nepali Indica x Phillipino OG from Breeder C. I Don't care, just as long as someone has first hand experience with it i'm good.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
give a try to kc haze special his 606 line hadn t make a lot change in nevs haze except the incredible cut on the flowering time

Raho

Veteran
Great last phrase.

Be careful Johnny, Browntrout will accuse you of lying for trying to help him since nobody has actually grown out Karma's A5 S1s yet :-(

browntrout

Veteran
Be careful Johnny, Browntrout will accuse you of lying for trying to help him since nobody has actually grown out Karma's A5 S1s yet :-(

Hey now, i'm open to recommendations. Just tell me and anyone looking after this that you've heard or state that you have no personal experience. All I'm asking.

I find it infuriating as do others I'm sure when your looking at strains and people make comments as if it where their own based on god knows what.

At the end of the day that's all we can go on, so lets keep things factual.

No accusations here.

harvestreaper

Veteran
nice buds. it really depends on pheno, your male was probably skunkhaze pheno and that´s why it worked like that. I think its hard to find thai pheno as male, you would need a lot of them and do some excessive testing. to find thai female dominant its easier, but still one has to look for it more than for green ones. View Image

picture.php

straight speed weed

Fronk

Hi browntrout.
This Congo x Panama I am smoking now has a very nice incense after taste and leaves the room filled with a lovely incense smell.
I am told the Panama x Bangi Haze (also Congo) has a much louder incense flavour so I thought I’d recommend you that one.
Hopefully might work for you and if not, well good luck searching and have a lovely day.

Attachments

• A61861C1-7618-411C-B9FC-F55875B9BC58.jpg
    A61861C1-7618-411C-B9FC-F55875B9BC58.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 98844EEB-71E5-4C24-A866-BB4BA23EEF06.jpg
    98844EEB-71E5-4C24-A866-BB4BA23EEF06.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 27
D

DNM1

Hi browntrout.
This Congo x Panama I am smoking now has a very nice incense after taste and leaves the room filled with a lovely incense smell.
I am told the Panama x Bangi Haze (also Congo) has a much louder incense flavour so I thought I’d recommend you that one.
Hopefully might work for you and if not, well good luck searching and have a lovely day.
She's lovely F.,enjoy her :)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Have you grown it?

a lot of the mango haze i grew fits the bill ,
in fact for some reason i rarely got any mango aromas , and mostly incense aromas , maybe my climate had something to do with it , who knows ,
i wondered in fact why it was called mango for a while ,
but i did find some mango smelling plants in the ibl mango line ,

this is not speculation or fabrication ... lol ...

i have grown a lot of mango haze , not just a few plants ...

mango haze first , u 2 second ...

picture.php

picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
Hi browntrout.

Awesome, thanks much. I’ll look into her.

browntrout

Veteran
a lot of the mango haze i grew fits the bill ,
in fact for some reason i rarely got any mango aromas , and mostly incense aromas , maybe my climate had something to do with it , who knows ,
i wondered in fact why it was called mango for a while ,
but i did find some mango smelling plants in the ibl mango line ,

this is not speculation or fabrication ... lol ...

i have grown a lot of mango haze , not just a few plants ...

mango haze first , u 2 second ...

View Image
View Image

That is extremely interesting. I grew Angel Heart, not searching for incense when I chose it. From memory it’s Mango Haze x Afghan / Skunk. Indoors and out, more of the acrid slightly cat piss/ammonia smell with a touch of wood in both phenos I selected.

Straight MH, Worth investigating for sure.

Fronk

Thanks DM.
No problems brown trout.
Also zamaldelica x Kali China has great incense qualities but a lot more fruity.
I’ll leave this thread for haze hybrids in the future. (Sorry) :)

Attachments

• D0A81417-E409-4133-B35F-41E8823D867D.jpg
    D0A81417-E409-4133-B35F-41E8823D867D.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 31

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
That is extremely interesting. I grew Angel Heart, not searching for incense when I chose it. From memory it’s Mango Haze x Afghan / Skunk. Indoors and out, more of the acrid slightly cat piss/ammonia smell with a touch of wood in both phenos I selected.

Straight MH, Worth investigating for sure.

I grew Angel Heart too and it hermed on me badly...looked like some Brazilian jungle weed at the end...:dance013:

MH is a must grow, imho...as is Nev's haze...as is SSH. You should grow all of those at least once in your growing life.

If you don't want to waste as much time as I did digging through the above, go find you some a5 or a5 dom hybrids and grow those out...you'll find your incense.

HB.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I agree with DM on mango haze, 13weekers had strong incense profile, really loud. some people, who remember A5 mango cut, think its very similar, little mango there. but I found incense smell very subjective and kind of etheric. not everybody has same nose. I got bandaid haze cut(A5 in it), which should be incense bomb, but it doesnt work for me like that.. same with simply irresistible from chimera. just slight incense, didnt get any incense bomb. on the other hand last summer I smoked some chill-om from mandala seeds and it was the most loud frankincense in my life. not grown indoor though. panama x bangi sounds great.

Latest posts

Latest posts