What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
hz/sk#1 x Hawaiian Indica 2 and 3

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1021634_edited.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.9 KB ID:	17826175

that tall bud is holdin on for dear life :D

one love...

Satta

nice shots everyone!
anyone familiar with karmas s1 BA75haze?interested in buying few packs but need some second hand opinions if karma's desription is on point.thanks.

browntrout

Veteran
nice shots everyone!
anyone familiar with karmas s1 BA75haze?interested in buying few packs but need some second hand opinions if karma's desription is on point.thanks.

Not much on the BA#75 description other than the pedigree. Went straight to seed with A5 s1, BA#75, KA5H & GHS Neville’s Haze. The A5 S1, BA#75 & Nevilles Haze all have a pre-dominant generic old school weed smell in variance, Hop-like I guess you would say. The KA5H more mute oily/petroleum smells. I like the A5 S1 the most based on smell and size, it has a musky incense background with a touch of floral/ (dying flower petals is a good description others have used). Hard to say if that would translate into the smoke, planning to sift some heads when I pull the seeds.the BA#75 would be second, it’s also a crap shoot between the two as to phenos I’m sure, I’d get a pack of each, but would not discount the A5 S1, seemingly lots of phenotypical variation based on others grows.

These are only 1 or 2 seeds of each, really no sample size and a roll of the dice for me. Bred to the semi-auto GG2 male, at least a potential to sift through outdoors @ 45N. Hopefully I the near future I can pop the rest of the seeds along with these clones and do a bud run indoors. Would love to find that hashy incense I found in some Nevilles hybrid smoke I had years ago.

JohnnyChicago

What are the characteristics of your #12 haze.
And what are your intentions, of crossing #12 with Animal mints , whatever pheno ,you have chosen ?
Give thanks !

Hey GH,
Haze#12 has the same father than Star Crash's Orignal Haze and has been bred and selected, for the caracteristics of that father.
Intention is an ANimal Mints BX

StarCrash On the way to the Wedding Haze :D

Animal Mints F1 x Haze#12
Click image for larger version  Name:	animalmintsha.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	17826368

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
P53 (A5HBX X Flashpoint)x(A5hbx x Mac). Def reminds me of the quality from the '80s. She has that haze backend for sure super nice.. Taken at 94 days. These nugs are still wet. Gonna puff them when dry.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0733.JPG Views:	1 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	17826471
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0734.JPG Views:	1 Size:	143.2 KB ID:	17826472

funkyhorse

Hopefully somebody can help
This is Thunk sourced from Breeders Retail
Seeds have 30% germination rate
Thunk like Ohz x Skunk seem to be tamed hazes with much shorter stretch than Ohz

I have 2 boys, one is tall and have long internodal space and looks like girl #2
The other is shorter and has the structure of girl #3
Thunk fem 1
Thunk fem 1 (2).jpeg

Thunk fem 2
Thunk fem 2 (2).jpeg

And the reason I post this is to ask if there are any reports on fasciated individuals in the Thunk line.
Were these seeds bred in the 90's?
Girl #3 was the latest to show sex and it looks like she will have a fasciated top? It seems to be only the top shot at the moment showing this feature
Is this the birth of Predator Thunk?
Any help is appreciated
Thunk fem 3.jpeg
Thunk fem 3 (2).jpeg

sbeanonnamellow

funkyhorse that fasciated plant is so cool. Pretty sure Sam mentioned using a fasciated haze mother for more than two decades of breeding original haze seeds, and that it was one of his favorites. I know you already know this because I learned it from a multi-quote of yours. Just popping in to say I hope you source the dates with Sam because that's really awesome to be able to learn more of a plant and seedlines provenance when you're working with them. My guess is that it's a reflection of one of Sams favorite haze mothers. From what I've read, the haze brothers or whoever started outcrossing the original haze with seeds from Sam like Acapulco Gold, Thai, and South Indian. I'm guessing this is where the thai haze seeds come from where a mother was selected for making THUNK. I wonder what that mother was like, and if it was fasciated or not and how Sam has observed the fasciated trait recombine and show up in his work.

The resurgance of interest in haze and hybrids is great. I never noticed the value in comments where Sam mentioned Seedsman for Original Haze seeds. For so long they were available and now they've been unavailable waiting and waiting for them to restock, well, that perspective of not seeing the forest for the trees is a trip. This thread is great because it shows how well haze shines as an outcrosser, and that theres still a ton of wonderful plants in seedlines like THUNK or whatever else. I remember these being given away as freebies for what seemed like years and hardly anybody growing them, I know I wasn't as interested in them back then. But now, they are so appealing. Thanks for the heads up on germination rates. I hope those plants turn out wonderfully for you.

sbeanonnamellow

and that NH x C5Mango is an absolute beauty. star crash knocking it out the park and wallyduck seeds doing what they do, absolutely shine! Looks a trimmers (and tokers) delight.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I am growing a CBD flower at the moment that is a haze decendant, plant known as IShaze? The ancestry is unknown to me, but one plant out of a few thousand clones, has thrown as fasciated cola..Out of hundreds of thousands of dope plants I've grown, that is my first fasciated individual...it looks pretty cool! I wonder if it is from the haze ancestry?