What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red October

Not grown pure haze closest to pure is Nevil's Haze 75% haze but grown smokes Thais Colombians and other pure sativas for over 40 years i know what a good sativas is.So what you honestly think you cant find a Nevils haze that wont smoke like a Haze is this what you and others honestly think ?.

I'm looking forward to trying them all out, African sativa effects are supposedly different to other sativa varieties and that's as far as my scope goes, I'm not biased to any of them as reading about them is different to trying them as we all have different reference points to work from, what I enjoy may not be what others enjoy. No animosity meant by it but I honestly thought you had smoked some before hempy.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I was always assumption hempy had at least smoked it.....

sadly no ro , he has not tried it ,
i wish he would because it would give his case a little more strength ,
maybe even change his opinion , which as we see is not based on experience ,
just assumptions ....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

darkie -meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

offensive old-fashioned (US usually darky)

a very offensive word for a person who has black or brown skin

You lot have an excuse for every thing you going to blame me for this to or you just going to act like grown ups ?.

You turn everything into an argument. If the shoe fits.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I'm looking forward to trying them all out, African sativa effects are supposedly different to other sativa varieties and that's as far as my scope goes, I'm not biased to any of them as reading about them is different to trying them as we all have different reference points to work from, what I enjoy may not be what others enjoy. No animosity meant by it but I honestly thought you had smoked some before hempy.

A 50% haze can give you the Haze high what there not admitting to in this thread and others is not all Ohaze are great plants Tom hill says 3% are good not sure what Sam's % is but even he says Haze is for out crossing mostly.Sure you can find good haze plants but there not as common as people are making out.

TheDarkStorm

i see that ,
but then theres the other side of the coin where a guy is growing hybrids of haze claiming they have no indica in them,
just due to the fact they look like sativas ,
and he tried someting else with indica and didnt like it ,

although he is the only one and most others notice it ,
and he has not tried the pure unadulterated stuff in order to be able to judge properly ,
but swears by his opinion as though its the only way to view things ,

so yea i see both of those things darkie , do you ??

I get what you mean Donald....and I have said to hempy to try the ohz as personally I think he will like it. I think hempy even mentioned that johny even tried to make this possible but the logistics right now are making this a no go. But I myself have tried a good amount of haze lines...so I can comment on this from personal experience....I know for a fact that if youve sourced nevils haze directly out of nevils hands himself there are phenotypes you can find with no body effects what so ever...ther is no indica come down or any sluggishness at all...there was a phenotype that nevil himself had that looked very similar to the #21 bud...only it was more scraggly looking with hardly anything you could really call buds but it was a very similar colour to the 21 bud...the effects were that fully sativa that some people would think its doing nothing to them and end up smoking too much only to realize to late theve over done it and start getting hit with rushes and wave after wave....the colours of things would change and your surroundings would almost be like your in a alternate world almost like you see things wen on lsd...but ofcorse overdoing it it can can get very uncomfortable and paranoia inducing...now I dont know what that sounds like to you but ive smoked many sativas...pure sativas...from the best pure thais to the best indians, columbians and some strong sativa on sativa hybrids....and I can honestly say hand on my heart that those clear nevils haze phenotypes are some of the best sativa highs on the planet....and I would definitely rank it up there in the top 5 best sativas iv ever had. I will be honest tho and say at the time back then when I was going through them I prefered the more gold phenotype as it had that paranoia inducing high and some body effects as well.....but I think I would appreciate the more clear cerebral sativa side a lot more....the sativa hawaiian haze was similar too...it would give that ultra clear high as well and come out all scraggly looking too with tiny wat you could almost call buds.....so when people say the nevils haze is green tasting and carries alot of northern lights in most phenotypes and taking it to f2 makes it even more indica I would ask were exactly did that nevils haze come from because it shouldn't be bland tasting and just strong were your placing chem and similar hybrids in the same bracket....it should taste like in most phenotypes almost like fuely chemical like vapours hitting the back of your throat hard and going all up your nose and into your head almost like what being around strong floor cleaner or strong bleach can do when your close to them...it can be almost like smoking liqud camphor...it then becomes pretty obvious to me what people are describing is not the original directly from nevil....I mean even the f2 nh nevil made himself dont come out like what people are describing nowdays and certainly dont come out like other peoples descriptions of what they call f2's..infact those f2 nevils made are more closer to what im saying and certainly dont come out with a whole lot of northern lights phenotypes...
Anyway what im seeing is when a strain dies out others take over...being gone for 20 years in the public eye and only having indica leaning coffee shop clones left that have been selected for comercial flower arnt really much comparisons...other things that originally couldn't compare were bound to slip into the top spot sooner or later.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
thanks for taking the time to explain that darkie
and i concur ,
the nh girl we have smells as u describe ,
quite astringent like a cleaner of some type ,
you can smell the raw potency ...
the nose knows ,, lol ....

LostTribe

Premium user
A 50% haze can give you the Haze high what there not admitting to in this thread and others is not all Ohaze are great plants Tom hill says 3% are good not sure what Sam's % is but even he says Haze is for out crossing mostly.Sure you can find good haze plants but there not as common as people are making out.

Actually Tom stopped back in and recently changed his tone on the hay statement. I will let you know soon, day 2. Todd's were some of the most psychedelic and intense smokes I've had the pleasure of smoking. Probably top 4. All were keepable and certainly none were any sort of hay. All kicked NH in the crotch.

You aren't going to get that pure haze high out of something mixed with NL5. Just like you wouldn't say you'd find a pure Thia in a hybrid of say MM x Thia 78.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I gave seeds to both the Original Haze growers in 1972 and also later, One used Thai and S Indian with his Haze in the very early 70's. The other grew the Thai but decided it was not as good as Haze and did not use it. The very first Original Haze was a crop of both green, lime green, purple, and other colors, all from Columbian, after that I am not sure and anyone that says they are, is just fooling themselves. One of the Haze growers RL told me a different story then the Original Haze guy that did it first up in the SC mountains and then in the next few years moved down to right by my house, less then a block away, the other Haze grower RL, who put out the OH poster lived a block the other side of my house. I had a friend "J" that used to help the SC mountain Haze grower, he was also a good friend of RCC, he told me all about the early Original Haze I never saw, as I got back to SC in early 1972. They both told me different stories, I did not care so much it was the Cannabis I was interested in.
Sacred Seeds never tried to stablize or improve the Original Haze, our only goal was to save as many of the Original Haze genes as I could so I used as many Original Haze females and males as I could. I think I could create an all Original Haze improved line but I would need to grow thousands and thousands of plants to find a few keeper females, the males would require to be transformed into females to be screened as keepers, and/or by progeney trials that would be best. I would have done it already except that Original Haze is a lousey Dry Sift Hash maker and I hate to use so much space to do the work right. If I don't someone will....
I really do not like Original Haze hybrids that use an WLD Indica to make powerful Hazes, they are strong but often lack the pure Sativa high the I prefer. It is easy though.
If done right with just haze taste and effects, and I can't tell it is a hybrid and it is strong as the Haze was, I would like it I bet. Even the Purple Haze from back in the 70's was not really my choice, they did seem a bit stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me. They were the prettiest not the best, to me.
-SamS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys honestly need to spend more time on researching and growing than you do wasting on trying to make me look bad i have spent 20 years growing haze hybrids and even my 50% haze look more haze than what some of the people here trying to discredit me here call Haze .

This post by Sam is a must read as a few of you have no understanding of what your talking about.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys honestly need to spend more time on researching and growing than you do wasting on trying to make me look bad i have spent 20 years growing haze hybrids and even my 50% haze look more haze than what some of the people here trying to discredit me here call Haze .

This post by Sam is a must read as a few of you have no understanding of what your talking about.

im pretty sure if you werent trying to discredit people yourself
and were a little more friendly ,
like how you are on the icmag chat ,
then things would go a lot smoother and you wouldnt get peoples backs up hempy ,

we are here simply to share with each other ,
try and do that in a way that doesnt upset or antagonize people ,
i know you can do that ,

pulling out the race card ,, telling people they dont know what they are talking about ,
simply arguing rather than disagreeing and moving on ,
are not ways to keep the peace , they are a recipe for getting folks annoyed at you ....
its not just one person , everyone ends up getting pissed off man ,
take a look at the last few pages ...

the fact you cant tell there is nl in the plants you grow when you toke them
does not mean some others cant , and does not mean they need to like it the same as they like pure haze ,
no matter what you say , you wont change the way they feel ,
because toking cannabis is subjective , we dont all get the same experience ,
its about individual tastes , likes and dislikes ,,

we get it , you like nevils haze ,
you think its the same thing as pure haze ,
but you havent tried pure haze to know for sure ,
so you are the one that doesnt have an understanding of what your talking about ,
so lets leave it alone and accept folks can feel differently...

Stocktont

Veteran

The problem with researching things like ”haze” online is that there’s so many looney people that have voiced their theories on it that turned out to be completely wrong and based on nothing but hearsay and anecdotes but they’ve peddled them to be ”truths”…. like this passive aggressive poster started to tell Sam in 2008 that Nevil didn’t get the seeds from him (regarding the ”haze”) but collected them in America. Not that he wanted to upset or piss anyone off… that guy was TOTALLY WRONG wasn’t he? Any relation to you HEMPY? And still you wonder why some are hesitant to believe all your ”knowledge”….

Dalaihempy.png

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For people who are looking for the best Haze/Sativa i find it strange that nobody wants to participate in a Haze/Sativa smokeout.
im not looking for a winner of the smokeout ? , im looking to sample these best Sativa or Haze's you guys hold, and share amongst us as we are a small circle compared to the Zkittles, GSC, etc etc crowd.

I am going to start a Haze collective where we share and back up each others special Haze/Sativa's seeds/cuts.
we need to work together not against each other.
The only person i find really trying to divide us is Maha because he despises Neville , he drops lines that are such bullshit and if anyobe really did follow the Haze scene would know is absolute bullshit

Humple W.

Okay, I know I'm new to this whole Haze scene, and I certainly won't pretend to know jackshit, but the drama and "mystery" going back decades is undeniably intriguing. One thing that has me scratching my head - Sam insists that Original Haze contains only Colombian genetics, but if Haze began in '72, up in the Santa Cruz mountains, and Sam wasn't actually there, how can he be certain of what went into the mix? Perhaps some Thai lineage after all? Perhaps not though! But the fact that Haze predates Sam's experience with Haze also makes me think that Oldtimer's claims of having an early prototype of Haze have as much merit as Sam's opinion on what strains went into the hybrid?

Koondense

Veteran
I think Maha is not the issue, more a reaction(and i think i understand his) . But that's offtopic so...

cheers

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
For people who are looking for the best Haze/Sativa i find it strange that nobody wants to participate in a Haze/Sativa smokeout.
im not looking for a winner of the smokeout ? , im looking to sample these best Sativa or Haze's you guys hold, and share amongst us as we are a small circle compared to the Zkittles, GSC, etc etc crowd.

I am going to start a Haze collective where we share and back up each others special Haze/Sativa's seeds/cuts.

I would join this. I have nowhere near the collections witnessed around these parts but I've got a token or two + directions I'd like to go in for both purists and haze hybrid trials.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The only person i find really trying to divide us is Maha because he despises Neville , he drops lines that are such bullshit and if anyobe really did follow the Haze scene would know is absolute bullshit

If I was in your country id be down. I'd love to see what yall thought of my Haze hybrids.

A5hbx x Fp)x(A5hbx xMac
DSCN0388.JPG
DSCN0387.JPG
DSCN0392.JPG

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

ojd distance and the legality of the plant is a huge hurdle but if i was closer i would have no problem shearing with you mate.

To many people have agendas there not really about sharing and caring or about the plant and to be open and honest i would not share or trade with most because of the crap i see almost daily or how some act towards others.

Hammer by the way they look NL

Status
Not open for further replies.