What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyDude32ed

Hey everyone, new here, but I have a question about a strain I found for sale.

P Haze by Top Dawg

(HP#13 x A5 Haze bx1)

Cant find ANY onfo on it.

I think "HP" stands for hash plant, but I literally have not found a single grow journal or info on this particular cross by Top Dawg.
If anyone knows anything such as grow time or phenos please let me know.

Im really hoping its going to be something close to the original NY Piff I uaed to smoke back in the 90s. Favorite strain to date. It was called many things, but some called it Purple Haze. Im hoping the "P" in P Haze means just that.

Thank you all or any information you have.

?

Nexus7

Hey everyone, new here, but I have a question about a strain I found for sale.

P Haze by Top Dawg

(HP#13 x A5 Haze bx1)

Cant find ANY onfo on it.

I think "HP" stands for hash plant, but I literally have not found a single grow journal or info on this particular cross by Top Dawg.
If anyone knows anything such as grow time or phenos please let me know.

Im really hoping its going to be something close to the original NY Piff I uaed to smoke back in the 90s. Favorite strain to date. It was called many things, but some called it Purple Haze. Im hoping the "P" in P Haze means just that.

Thank you all or any information you have.

?

The "P" refers to HashPlant#13.

Check out Cuban Black Haze for NYC Haze/Piff.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It would be dishonest to say they cant be found at all...but it wasnt easy.....put it like this...look at the mango haze...due to using a heavily sativa mother that was progeny tested to pass on heavyly leaning sativa traits, the original mango haze was born....of which hempy showed pictures and others wen first publicly released....it was heavly sativa leaning......so why cant picking a progeny tested mother from the a5 for hazeA traits push that to futher extreams..

The mango test seed were not publicly released 10 growers were selected by shanti to grow and test them out.

Of the 10 i think me and only Jesse did a complete grow logs the rest complained and culled the plants as they ended up with jungle looking sats that were unmanageable or what most would call not particle indoor lines that would not finish flowering in short resembled more a Nevil's haze.

That is why shanti re worked the line before it was finally released to the public.

HappyDude32ed

The "P" refers to HashPlant#13.

Check out Cuban Black Haze for NYC Haze/Piff.

If I could find some I definitely would haha. Found a company called Diesel Kartel that had a CBH crossed with a A5 haze, but I dont know anything about them and packs were $200

Do you know a reputable breeder that has just straight CBH seeds ?

Thanks for the info

JohnnyChicago

.the a5 I know Johnny wasnt the same as what karma has....that come later for me....when karmas comes out pale thats similar to wat I know...only what I was getting wasnt as thick budded...it was more airy and quickly go flat.it was more pale...didnt have the piney bubble gum like tones karmas has but was alot more leather and caked in way more resin....theirs is way more stony...
The c5 cut in know was pure sandlewood and pine....maybe people never had the south african x hazeC or the Hawaiian x hazeC both won cups..or the a good few others...all missing nl yet still of equal quality....so how does it come from just norther lights...
Lets just do this....you got nl5 coming....remake your 5a or c5.. you got mac doing one with the a s1 or even s2 5a and 3ohz's x 3 ohzs...why he even uses 3 ohz's to 3ohz's if its a equal quality haze....anyways we can see wat comes up.....I know of a few f1 nh still about.
By the way..you say you sampled the first cup winners....the cutting that won the seed cup in 1997....describe it ?

There is enough people working on NL5Hazes. And I have already done my part with the Seedsman OH. If I do something with NL, then my own NL selection.
Mexican Haze, Hawaiian Haze and A5 were not equal quality. Not comparable at all. Writing that just shows you havent smoked them yourself.
NH had a rusty to brownish color.

And I hate hypes. That is why 7 years ago I grew the un-hyped Seedsman Haze. Same with the NL. I did anticipate the hype of few years. And believe me. It is not easy being part of a hype, when you hate hypes. But I can't change it. Did quietly gift some seeds. The rest is not under my control.

But that inbreeding the OH has worked better than we thought is simply true and no hype.

Atomic NL
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
picture.php

Jack Herer Senis's pheno A.

My all time favourite,when it all adds up, there’s nothing better for me.

Wild flowers,pepper,pine,spice and lemon...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I go by what i grew saw and smoked Hammer not by what people that have never grown a true F1 Nevil's haze have to say and lets face it some of the rubbish being posted is based on jealousy or biased or agenda.

Do my Nevil's Haze pictures look any thing close to resembling a NL in any way ?.

Every NH F1 i grew took around 7 or 8 weeks to sex and start flowering.

The 50% haze took 4 and above to sex.

The only Haze hybrid line i ever grew from Nevil's work i rejected was SSH because i picked up tones of NL in its smoke not all phinos but some and i call that a dirty high.

This is SSH from seed Nevil made that is a 50% Haze you or any one else see NL in that i don't.
View Image
If it's not been worked into an IBL and you grow enough seeds theirs no way someone can say a pheno completely different won't show up. It happens all the time. I've found plants in the same line that are nowhere near the same as the mom or dad. If any seed carries those genetics it's possible for these phenos to show up.

It would be dishonest to say they cant be found at all...but it wasnt easy.....put it like this...look at the mango haze...due to using a heavily sativa mother that was progeny tested to pass on heavyly leaning sativa traits, the original mango haze was born....of which hempy showed pictures and others wen first publicly released....it was heavly sativa leaning......so why cant picking a progeny tested mother from the a5 for hazeA traits push that to futher extreams..

Agreed, that's all Im suggesting. Its def possible. Saying it's not is dishonest.

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

There is enough people working on NL5Hazes. And I have already done my part with the Seedsman OH. If I do something with NL, then my own NL selection.
Mexican Haze, Hawaiian Haze and A5 were not equal quality. Not comparable at all. Writing that just shows you havent smoked them yourself.
NH had a rusty to brownish color.

And I hate hypes. That is why 7 years ago I grew the un-hyped Seedsman Haze. Same with the NL. I did anticipate the hype of few years. And believe me. It is not easy being part of a hype, when you hate hypes. But I can't change it. Did quietly gift some seeds. The rest is not under my control.

But that inbreeding the OH has worked better than we thought is simply true and no hype.

Atomic NL
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Your on about Hawaiian haze that was made later or the f1 made in the late 80's..infact nevil made two....using different Hawaiians....the sativa one iv never evr seen in a cofee shop....Mexican haze was made by who...again not even the same things im on about......also why was the a5haze used....because the hazeA was prematurely lost....and the a5 then was able to throw out the best plant from those left..nevil searched for something to replace hazeA...im sure nevil would have rather had the A side pure.....so its not just the A x nl combo is it..and I've seen phenos coming out of the original c5haze that were just as good as that A5 cutt floating about if not better...wen nevil did his final work was he looking for something like a5 or was he looking for something similar to haze pure ....

I think you did great work with the ohz ...seems to be quite a old version ....you have the communitys respect for it....but im not on about disrespecting someone or putting down their work or elevating another cus really thats pointless.....question tho....what exactly happend when you put seedsman haze to seedsman haze ? Id be intrested from your veiw point what your observations were ?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's some haze looking batches right there!,they giving u the runaround yet star?,76
Big time run~around What they needed are bigger containers with an absolutely consistent feed level ... So far I’ve overfed , then I under fed , then I let them re-absorb , these are all no no’s ... The biggest lesson is you can’t grow Haze & be lazy at the same time...:angelshug:
:DOh yeah, look @that original haze branch just Livin'it up and soakin'it in!!!

Humple W.

Y'all have me going down this damn Haze rabbit-hole now. Haha. So much history, so much drama! An epic tale indeed. Maybe one day there will be a documentary...

So I haven't seen (the new) SSSC's Kee's Old School Haze mentioned here at all (if it was and I missed it, my apologies) - can't imagine many growers are ready to pay almost $300 for a 12-pack, especially now that Todd M. is selling Original Haze. But I am curious if anyone knows the pedigree/provenance of the Kee's cut? Is it really just Haze? I didn't realize SSSC sold Haze seeds back in the day. Read a lot about TFD, Seedsman, Positronics, etc., but didn't recall SSSC ever being mentioned as a purveyor of the real-deal.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Y'all have me going down this damn Haze rabbit-hole now. Haha. So much history, so much drama! An epic tale indeed. Maybe one day there will be a documentary...

So I haven't seen (the new) SSSC's Kee's Old School Haze mentioned here at all (if it was and I missed it, my apologies) - can't imagine many growers are ready to pay almost $300 for a 12-pack, especially now that Todd M. is selling Original Haze. But I am curious if anyone knows the pedigree/provenance of the Kee's cut? Is it really just Haze? I didn't realize SSSC sold Haze seeds back in the day. Read a lot about TFD, Seedsman, Positronics, etc., but didn't recall SSSC ever being mentioned as a purveyor of the real-deal.
If I remember good it was a old skunk /haze...

TheDarkStorm

Karels original old school haze cut....certainly aint the same cutting they put out as old school haze abit later

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-02-16-14-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-02-16-14-53.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 22

JohnnyChicago

I think you did great work with the ohz ...seems to be quite a old version ....you have the communitys respect for it....but im not on about disrespecting someone or putting down their work or elevating another cus really thats pointless.....question tho....what exactly happend when you put seedsman haze to seedsman haze ? Id be intrested from your veiw point what your observations were ?

My observation is that it helped a lot not being anti Nevil nor anti Sam. Just being pro Haze. And ignoring all these discussions on the forums.
Can't remember how much exactly, 18$ a pack?

TheDarkStorm

My observation is that it helped a lot not being anti Nevil nor anti Sam. Just being pro Haze. And ignoring all these discussions on the forums.
Can't remember how much exactly, 18$ a pack?

Sory johny....thanks for the reply....any details about your observations would help.....it is pretty silly to not try all avenues/tools and tech yourself wen trying to preserve or better a line..so agreed....I would appreciate if you can go into some details about what you seen please.....I know you spent some time working this line and I do understand its just your veiw on things.... but it could be useful to others wen looking and working with things..your experience can only add to the knowledge...its allways good to hav others veiw points and angles on things....thanks

herbgreen

Veteran
haze were 17$ original haze seedsman

golden seed.net had packs and packs many Sam related hybrids as well

Anyone know what happened they have been down? last few years

TheDarkStorm

I was never a fan of Auto lines well then i saw these all i can say is wow have Auto genetics come a long way.

Strawberry Mango Haze SuperAuto.
View Image

Bit of a zig hale moment

View Image

Hempy do you know whos auto work this is. I seen some guys work leburia or something they call him.....he was working with I think a ohz line an some others...and worked hard for years an year's....probably the best auto haze lines ive seen....massive buds like those no stringy weedy stuff that would probably fall apart outdoors...the guy has took years and progeny tested and retested his work before putting it out there....I was impressed with wat ive seen from him...looks like the stuff you pictured......although autos have their place and can be useful im not a big fan of them. But I guess no harm in dotting afew outdoors to keep yourself in smoke...awsome pics by the way...thanks for putting them up.
Edit: found the ones pictured, there from stitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.