What's new

The growing rift between legal growers and...

M

mexilandrace

can't we all just get along?

I hate sketchy ass mersh growers, folks who pump their plants full of chemy nutes and then don't flush, cut early, dry too fast and not enough, never cure.

legal or not, that is no way to grow

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
And.... I don't think med growers would have any of these great medical strains, knowledge and grow diaries and videos, equipment advice from those in the know........ if it weren't for the illegal growers risking everything they had for something they believed in and made a living from. Illegal growers gave medical marijuana as a gift.

One Love 731

Veteran
1%er. I smartened up though and quit posting pictures until I make the move to safer ground. I understand doing anything to get started, but eventually it just makes scene to move to a mmj state. My respect goes to those who grow. Legal or not it takes a special person to make weed available to the masses. There is no such thing as legal, if leo wants to eat you for breakfast, you'll smell bacon and taste like eggs. Karma, One Love

Calimed

Veteran
I think this large flux of crappy unflushed chemmed out weed is in part, a byproduct of the advancements for legalization.

Back when it was all illegal, less people grew and the people that did had a better idea of what to do. They probably had mentoring from who helped get them into the game...and an understanding that this plant doesn't just grow itself.

With weed becoming legal, you have a lot more access to new growers. By sheer numbers and the California economy, there is going to be tons of noob weed and hot shots talkin purple. Needless to say, I feel that will change as the legal movement progresses and people become educated.

For example. Once people learn that their weed shouldn't smell like hay, burn black, and that a name doesn't mean a thing if it wasn't grown right, a more consistent quality of weed will surface.

As it is now... These hot shot 20 year olds probably DO grow better weed than you'd find at a club. Cali clubs need to step their game up. I'm starting to see more clubs in norcal charge socal prices. If you are going to rip off those in need by making them pay 60 an 8th (I've even seen one club try to make that sound like a deal cuz you'll get 4 whole grams), it better knock me out in 3 hits like the best I've had from humboldt.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Ok, I've been reading this thread and getting a little pissed off. I help everyone, big and small, legal or illegal, I don't ask, because I don't give a shit. You need help, I give it, freely and willingly.

I work my fucking ASS OFF to grow killer buds for my patients, and my family. I spend countless hours on this site, helping others learn to grow and to avoid expensive mistakes. Look at my post count, and how long I've been here. Now go look how many of those posts are in the 'Den versus the Growers forums, go on, I'll wait.

I grew illegally for a few years before I went legal, and the only reason I even mention it in my sig is because I don't want any fuckin pigs trolling this site to see all my info and pics, and to come hunt me down. It is BECAUSE of the legality of it that I can post so much about growing. If I were illegal you think I'd post one pic of my room, or even mention its existence? Probably not, but that's just because security would need to border on paranoid.

If you want to ostracize legal growers, you're gonna lose most of your good support and info on this site. Do you really think all the tiny little closet growers are gonna teach you how to grow commercially? You stand more to learn from big growers than small ones, and most guy get bigger as they grow, not smaller.

Besides that, growers can do whatever they damn well please with their money. For every guy buying boats and toys, there are a thousand barely scraping by. You can't lump them in the same boat.

If Someone has been a successful commercial grower for a long time, was smart and invested their money wisely, you're gonna begrudge them a reward for all their hard work? If you were in their shoes, you would want rewards too. Growing is hard work and often a thankless, highly-stressful job.

More sinners here than saints, and to mix a metaphor, we're all living in a glass house.

Grrrr!

alaskan

I wasn't trying to target EVERY legal/medical grower, I was talking about the ones that hold it over other peoples' heads like it's a shiny badge of honor...

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I would take that with a grain of salt, if someone even has the slightest idea that you COULD be a cop, telling you they are legal is how they protect their own ass.

I make sure whenever my friends visit my room, I point out the scrips and paperwork posted for it, right on the airlock door. Being legal doesn't make us better, we're simply fortunate to live here or to have moved here. In some cases growers have gone to great lengths, and great sacrifices, to get to a med state so they can continue their trade without fear of prosecution. To them, their med card IS their badge of honor.

Hey, like you don't have anything you're proud of? ;) Even something silly?

alaskan

You don't get it.

I'm talking about people that act like their being legal somehow makes them better people than other 'illegal' growers.

I understand being proud of something and being proactive/cautious, but that has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Ok, I've been reading this thread and getting a little pissed off. I help everyone, big and small, legal or illegal, I don't ask, because I don't give a shit. You need help, I give it, freely and willingly.

I work my fucking ASS OFF to grow killer buds for my patients, and my family. I spend countless hours on this site, helping others learn to grow and to avoid expensive mistakes. Look at my post count, and how long I've been here. Now go look how many of those posts are in the 'Den versus the Growers forums, go on, I'll wait.

I grew illegally for a few years before I went legal, and the only reason I even mention it in my sig is because I don't want any fuckin pigs trolling this site to see all my info and pics, and to come hunt me down. It is BECAUSE of the legality of it that I can post so much about growing. If I were illegal you think I'd post one pic of my room, or even mention its existence? Probably not, but that's just because security would need to border on paranoid.

If you want to ostracize legal growers, you're gonna lose most of your good support and info on this site. Do you really think all the tiny little closet growers are gonna teach you how to grow commercially? You stand more to learn from big growers than small ones, and most guy get bigger as they grow, not smaller.

Besides that, growers can do whatever they damn well please with their money. For every guy buying boats and toys, there are a thousand barely scraping by. You can't lump them in the same boat.

If Someone has been a successful commercial grower for a long time, was smart and invested their money wisely, you're gonna begrudge them a reward for all their hard work? If you were in their shoes, you would want rewards too. Growing is hard work and often a thankless, highly-stressful job.

More sinners here than saints, and to mix a metaphor, we're all living in a glass house.

Grrrr!

this might be the best statement ive read all year. fucking bravo dude! :respect::respect::respect:

oldfatguy

lordy the way that you all are going on is like a bunch of kids on the play ground. The arguments you voice now are the same arguments that all farmers have had for centuries. Accept it you all are farmers, or growers to be PC correct. That is what you all are farmers. The big farmer squizing the little family farm out. The organic farmer against the industrial farmer killing the earth. We as a nation now produce so much food that we have to find differnt ways to use it so that we can keep the prices up to support the industry. Face it some of you will get rich in this commodity. Some will go poor and get out. It's just a fact. To ignore history is to repeat the same mistakes. So pull in your horses and holster them irons. With micro brewing and local farmers markets So come on up on the porch and bring that new seedling with you and we'll have a snort or two of shine and watch the kids. When the next time i'm unable to get up out the chair cus' the pain is just to damn much. I'll smoke one and think of you. Life is just too short to be eat up with envy.:thanks:

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
I'd like to take a moment and request a :joint: for the commercial growers who have never sold to a patient, because MMJ patients don't exist in most states.

:joint: for the growers who supply the everyday recreational users.

Not alot of love out there for these types anymore it seems.

Let's not forget, people just love getting high.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dream of the day when legals and illegals will walk together in peace and harmony... lol...Who cares just grow!!!

LOL. I agree. Just grow the plant and be thankful you can on this site and learn what to do. This is petty. I feel like I'm reading the National Inquire.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
can't we all just get along?

I hate sketchy ass mersh growers, folks who pump their plants full of chemy nutes and then don't flush, cut early, dry too fast and not enough, never cure.

legal or not, that is no way to grow

yea i hate that shit too thats why lately ive been making it a point not to patronize them. if you keep cashing them out they are gonna keep diong that shit. once you have that panic "oh shit how teh fuck am i gonna get rid of this garbage" moment, you realize you gotta dial your shit in LOL or stop buying bad weed. i fucking hateee bad weed,,,

I'd like to take a moment and request a :joint: for the commercial growers who have never sold to a patient, because MMJ patients don't exist in most states.

:joint: for the growers who supply the everyday recreational users.

Not alot of love out there for these types anymore it seems.

Let's not forget, people just love getting high.
Those big commercial grows are making their way to some patients who benefit from MMJ. While the individual states or the United States might not recognize it, there are still MMJ patients in all 50 states.

H

HappyDog

Recreation is therapy for the mind. You're still medicating even if it's self medicating.
Don't worry, most of us here are equally as guilty.

Latest posts

Latest posts