What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zdub7k

I have a soil related question. I was thinking of using a "super soil" type recipe like you guys are using but instead of paying all the $$ for the base like roots organic I was thinking of going down to the river and loading up that dark rich looking sandy top soil then adding all the amendment like blood mill, bone mill, guano and so on. I cant really afford the high dollar bagged soil so would this work for giants like you guys grow?

That would def work...I would stay away from sandy soils tho...I mixed 50% "michigan compost" (nice black swamp dirt that I got from a landscape supply) with 50% pro mix and added a bunch of ammendments and it is working just fine....I was feeling the same way you are...we still spent over 2 grand on soil tho

Zdub7k

Photo Update

Photo Update

I update photos every ten days....so here are the pics from this morning..

tunnel vision

White Kush

Wifi Alien Bubba on left, Chem Valley Kush on right

Zdub7k

I thought these were worth photographing as well

Power Kush

Og Chem

Strawberry Who that started to flower early on me

Chem Valley Kush upskirt

B

bajangreen

can you give me the dimensions of those pots Zdub7k, 2g's on soil, how much pots did that fill?

sour power

is anyone here really pulling 10# a plant? and isnt that almost impossible to do in a pot?im just asking cuz it sounds crazy?corret me if im wrong

B

bajangreen

is anyone here really pulling 10# a plant? and isnt that almost impossible to do in a pot?im just asking cuz it sounds crazy?corret me if im wrong

B you need to look through the post from the beginning. i have been growing since 1992 and never seen a 10 pounder but this treat made me double my average per plant this season next season i wanna double up again. :tiphat:

Zdub7k

can you give me the dimensions of those pots Zdub7k, 2g's on soil, how much pots did that fill?

The pots are 65 gallon smart pots...I think theyre 33' wide x 22'' deep...or something like that...I got alot of the stuff super cheap too...order all my promix from a wholesale greenhouse supply company....and had to bite the bullet when it came to worm castings, and all the amendments.....we filled 36 pots. and had a little bit left over. including the cost of the pots it was about 2500

Zdub7k

Ive seen pics of an old man out in cali that knocks down 10-15 #'rs....like clockwork, year after year.....he uses 300 gallon pots and drippers....fuckers look like giant trees..the biggest ive ever saw.

humblefish

something i havent seen discussed here is how trim and presentation affects the per plant yeilds claimed by some...I bet a lot of the bows that come off "10#+" plants are full of foot-long stems, leafy, half-trimmed buds and "such" (trimmer bob's index finger, or oops there's some coon turds, jk)
even then, some of yall press really hard when ya put your thumb on the scale...almost as bad as the leos

V

Veg N Out

something i havent seen discussed here is how trim and presentation affects the per plant yeilds claimed by some...I bet a lot of the bows that come off "10#+" plants are full of foot-long stems, leafy, half-trimmed buds and "such" (trimmer bob's index finger, or oops there's some coon turds, jk)
even then, some of yall press really hard when ya put your thumb on the scale...almost as bad as the leos

What are you talking about? This is 2012 not 1978...No one is leaving lumber or leaf on these units..Most of them are cleaned by reel type trimmers anyway that require the plant to be broke down 100% ...Put a plant outside , listen to the Words of Wisdom laid down here...And see what can happen.

Madjag

Veteran
oldhaole, for one, does it

oldhaole, for one, does it

Of course outdoor growing in Maui....what can you say?

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are you talking about? This is 2012 not 1978...No one is leaving lumber or leaf on these units..Most of them are cleaned by reel type trimmers anyway that require the plant to be broke down 100% ...Put a plant outside , listen to the Words of Wisdom laid down here...And see what can happen.

Hola Dude:D

most likely depends on whos hand trimmin/runnin trimpro, seen some real hairy buds around this country lately.

seen some hairy units come outta good old cali as well. hand trimmers are gettin to be solid 25% partners these days, and with the market nowadays, just not cost effective to many.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Downeast Maine Medical garden

Downeast Maine Medical garden

Here is the largest legal outdoor grow on the east coast. cheers from downeast Maine.

I cant believe one of my mothers died on me. i put 2 plants out from 45gals to test the theory and one of them got this weird sickness and couldn't recover... on a more positive note the other plant that went out from 45 gal is the largest plant i have. so 33/34 this year not bad everything else is nice and healthy and will be getting flower tone and fish emulsion this week.

Last edited:

tommy1984

Are you guys topping the plants at the 3rd or 4th node in order to get them so bushy? I have some 8 footers but there lucky to be 4 ft wide at the bottom and your all look like there 12 ft wide from top to bottom.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice plants aero....yea mothers SUCK. i have one mother out that is just to ugly i want to chop it so i dont have to look at it. but it might pull a half LB so shiet thats still gas money right there....

never ever ever using mothers again, should have listened to nomad and vegn!

Status
Not open for further replies.