What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

humblefish

I think that a little leaf on a bud looks nice if the trich coverage and color are there. its a much better way to go than that twister garbage.

If you rough trim your bows, you can always go back later and clean them up if you change your mind; if you run your meds through the twista, yer totally fuckin up all the trichs on the outside of the buds, something which you can't go back later and fix.

As far as 10# per, I'm not sayin it aint possible. I'm just sayin that some people on this sight have pie-in-the-sky expectations for their plants, and i shouldn't have to whip out my digicam and post dick pics for y'all to know there's some truth to my words.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
dick picks? ewwww

I have grown for 15 years, and the last three years trying to grow the largest plants possible. I personally have topped out around 5, after a fair amount of caterpillar damage. You guys getting 10 are beasts! Anybody here grow a 15# plant before? I think I would shit my pants if I grew a 15#er.

organic P

400 gallon sour flower:

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 10

MedResearcher

Veteran
Easier done from Seed. More impressive from clone.

Genetics plays a huge roll. Not gonna see a pure Indica hit that. Mostly hybrids, and sativa leaning hybrids have the potential to get that large. Hybrid vigor, bud structure, nodal spacing, leaves that don't block to much light + healthy plant with unlimited root space.

Mr^^

Zdub7k

My biggest ever has been about 2.5 lbs, but I've been guerilla growing most of my life....the last three years Ive grown outside and am always battling weather conditions...I dont top my plants hardly ever...why remove good plant matter? I LST the shit out of em tho....just point the tips in the direction you want em to grow....dont stop until they are into flower and rigid.....and wah-lah.. perfect bushes

M

mr.shiva

What do you do to a old mum to make her grow better, or is she stunted forever?

Repot the mum. Take a knife and slice the sides of the rootball away & repot the now considerably smaller root system in a larger container. The vigor will come back aprox 2 weeks. I'll shoot a pic of the oldest one on the hill I did this too in the spring, you'd never guess she was a clone factory at one time. What I'm mostly seeing is the ease of growth with fresher material, they are easier & more vigorous to grow. I have about 6 mums planted about like cannidocowboy, cloned sometime in march, my biggest plants but they make me nervous, a whole different personality than the fresher starts, will be interesting to see the dif in finishing times.

Skullz- excellent info!
Horsemouth - congrats on the dep!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Easier done from Seed. More impressive from clone.

Genetics plays a huge roll. Not gonna see a pure Indica hit that. Mostly hybrids, and sativa leaning hybrids have the potential to get that large. Hybrid vigor, bud structure, nodal spacing, leaves that don't block to much light + healthy plant with unlimited root space.

Mr^^

truth..

i late planted some 3 foot sexed seedlings and they easily caught up in size the 3 foot clone starts planted 3-4 weeks earlier...

the 1 foot beer cup blue dreams that got late planted exploded and are at 6-7 feet, whereas the early planted pure indica strains stopped flower stretch early and the ugliest are 4-5 feet.

hybrid vigor is the shit.....i did have ONE mother that is doing insane this year, its a sativa leaning clone we nicknamed ghosttrain (not related to RD)...its one of the biggest plants in the garden and it was the same age as the pitbull mothers i put out that look like crap...

Zdub7k

I have always had success out planting mothers....Just prune the root ball down and transplant into a big ass pot...or hole..whatever. The only time I've had trouble was when the plant was kinda wanting to flower on me...even under 24 hours of light, because of its age, just constantly throwing off pre-flowers....then sometimes it can take a couple months for the to re-veg it seems, and you just end up with a super tight cluster fuck of leaves and lower quality flowers...my two cents anyway

V

Veg N Out

Maybe you get them to finish and be ok or cut roots off and plant but the young ones , when asked to go hard during bloom will do so more readily and with less coaxing than an older counter part every time.

It's all about timing....

Y

YosemiteSam

I agree...get em growing and don't let em slow down makes life easier.

Yo Veg...how is that new school mix doing vs the chickenshit mix?

V

Veg N Out

Thanks Veg, appreciate it.

I should have started a preventative use of it earlier in the season. Everything has been so healthy, I decided not to. Then out of the blue, had a lower branch begin to die from fusarium wilt. So now I am scrambling to prevent any significant loss.

Not sure if its native, or where it comes from; but certain genetics that are prone to it, seem to get it in my garden. I am sure my heavy hand with the water doesn't help.

Mr^^

test your plants for hemp canker

Willing to bet you're misdiagnosing Your ladies and really are going to be plagued by this scourge if you're local..

V

Veg N Out

I agree...get em growing and don't let em slow down makes life easier.

Yo Veg...how is that new school mix doing vs the chickenshit mix?

I am going to use my new blend from here on out i think. Even though the numbers are very close between the two when you look at the base cation saturation ratio...my new mix is just a little better balanced towards what dr. Albrecht lays out for us in healthy soils healthy people and the fertilizer sources are 100% protein based as well so they are prime for the applied biology to process down...still going to keep it to myself another year just to make sure it's not a fluke..The ultimate judge is the pipes and scales ...right now we're just veg n out ;)

Cheers

smoooth, lookin great man!!! Seems like not many people give your posts attention. Just wanted you to know I'm enjoying and think your plants look great. Keep it up!!! Tell us a little more about how you do also, if you want to.

:)

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Yes that's right I do not fertigate them with anything... I just pull water from the river and turn valves. I do have a heavy foliar spray routine but its mostly different forms of Calcium Carbonate and a little K Mag every so often...And I'm now done spraying...This year I experimented with Pure Protein Dry 15-1-1 and really liked the results when I gave my garden the same application program that I did Calcium 25. Bless.

I really like this stuff :) The dried powder and the liquid... I just dont like the smell of the powder... But the liquid smells ok with the mint :blowbubbles:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice backyard smooth!

the PPD is awesome...seriously helped my transplants recover super quick....plus it has BT in it.

only problem..SMELLS TERRIBLE. it attracts every single bee on the mountain to my garden...im chased around by a swarm of bees everytime i foliar feed. then the wasps come in and kill the bees in mid air...some straight battles go down every time i break the PPD out lol, but the plants love it for sure.

Sierra Organics

holy smokes, everyone is doing a stellar job this year. many thanks to tom and all the experts that contributed to this thread! its gotta be one of the best on the net for outdoor monsters. learned so much its priceless. got a late start but still got some monsters on bottom row. Just 3 kinds this year, lots of chemdawg, Twitter Og and icy kush. pots r 8 feet wide for reference. shots taken 7 am

icy kush next to weedwacker
picture.php

twitter og (og pheno)
picture.php

chemdawg row by wheel barrow
picture.php

Twitter OG (bubba pheno)
picture.php

theJointedOne

Veteran
Really nice garden SO. There's nothing like the Sierra's and nothing like Organics. Great combo

Not sure if your running the same thing but I had a nice batch of some Ice Kush (durban x hindu kush) from Truckee over the winter, it was really really really good, and very unique but dank. Wondering if your Icy kush is the same thing. Regardless great grow, and thanks for sharing.

:ying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts