What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapinguari

Veteran
are you checking your teas with a scope? i thought microbeman or some of the other tea experts saw no additional microbial activity with the addition of fulvic acid to teas. and in some cases slowed microbial reproduction.

you said fulvic, veg said humic

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Are you serious? Humic Acid makes the tea go off!

Humic acid makes the tea go off... What does your tea do when it goes off? Does it ring a bell or something? :)

Do you check your tea with a microscope? Reason I ask is others that have scopes say adding humic acid makes it crawl, not go off. Microbeman has posted here that his research and that of KIS Brewers shows humic acid suppresses microbial development in a liquid. More info is needed, IMHO, but those guys have a pretty strong track record when it comes to this stuff so their initial findings seem relevant.

That doesn't mean that by adding humic acid to a tea you're going to damage your plants. Or that they won't respond favorably to a tea that includes humic acid. I've added humic acid to teas before. Both liquid & powder. Great results.

But if it's potentially slowing things down, why continue when you can use it in other effective ways? Like a nutrient solution or mixing in directly to your soil? If I'm doing something that could be better served by doing it a different way, I'm open to trying that different way.

I'm serious about my garden, if that answers your question.

:tiphat:

Last edited:
V

Veg N Out

Rasputin - I do use a microscope...But I do not use a KIS 5 gallon bucket brewer with a tiny 120 watt air pump type brewer, I have a Fuji 3 HP turbine blower (13A @ 240V) and run 2 GIANT diffusors in a 350 gallon tank....Once I figure out how to get my Microscope to work with Windows 7 I am planning to include pictures of my teas in this thread...But I'm a farmer..Not an IT Guy...

When my tea GOES OFF the fungal hyphae has increase in size and is swimming with all kinds of goodies.

:thank you:

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Veg, who said you used a 5 gallon bucket to brew? And what's your beef with a 5 gallon bucket brew set-up? Is there some sort of minimum size to qualify for the cool kid compost tea club or something?

You can brew just as effectively in a 5 gallon bucket as you can in a 500 gallon tank so long as you do it right. The implication that you can't make a great tea using that set-up is just silly. And a little passive aggressive, too.

Your tea may very well be going off, as you say, but how do you know it couldn't go off sooner without adding something to it that might slow it down? Maybe in the same time frame you allow now your tea could be "going off" even more than it is now. Addition by subtraction, that sort of thing.

V

Veg N Out

Rasputin - Clearly you need to read this thread and check the vibe - We do not attack each other here..Only promote progress...Maybe you should go back to the Organic Soil forum?

You're talkin about Microbeman's experience..Not yours...With a brewer set up that Isn't like mine... So how can you compare? Just do what works for you in your own set up according to what your microscope says.

I've tried with and with out Humax...I will put Humax in the brewer every time.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Practice what you preach. Unless you consider someone disagreeing with you bad vibes. Which seems plausible at this point. My post was sharing an idea and promoting a different approach. Progress. And your response was - pfffft. I'm paraphrasing, obviously.

It's unfortunate that you seem more concerned with arguing that you're right than promoting progress. Ego disguised as enlightenment.

I'll post wherever I choose, thanks for your concern though.

V

Veg N Out

& After the brief interruption...We return to the show...

DOG
picture.php
picture.php

Humboldt Snow
picture.php

OG w/ A Twist
picture.php

101 North
picture.php

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
It's in this thread you just have to sort through it to find it brightlightmojo...

Y4P215 , despite what many would have you believe,,, having a 3 4 5 6 ft plant to plug really has no bearing on the yield...In a matter of fact, the plant that has more veg time on it prior to being put in the sun is going to get circles turned on it by a fresh start planted on time and left to do its thing...learn this lesson from me that took me 3 years to learn...

You never thought to put the grow bags in a wheel barrow and fill them ?

Judging by the pics, your plants dont really appear to be "fresh starts'...Me thinks theyve seen some "more veg time"...lol CC

V

Veg N Out

The same plants .. 5/13... Set out from Clone in to green house

picture.php

picture.php

What I have is what I call a "Fresh start" ..You can see cats have been vegging since like early April that means they cloned in March...That's an old lady..I made my clones on May 1...Planted in my Green house on May 13...Finished planting 6/13...Started 6/11..The plants cloned in March, started in April are a Month older ... And that will matter MUCHO 4 months from now...Bless

:tiphat:

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Now that we're back on track, I'll join back up. I wonder why so many thoughtful and skilled growers have abandoned this thread? Tom included. Sarcasm intended....

Sometimes I think folks could argue about how to fold toilet paper to get the most wipes.

Photos from last Saturday.

BAM

picture.php

picture.php

V

Veg N Out

Looking awesome ROOTWISE.

Every one is out there...They'll come around....

Need less of a Peanut Gallery && The same Questions addressed every 10 pages or so..&& ....More of the 2010 year Vibe of every one trying to push their gardens to be as awesome as possible..

McDank8O5

what do you guys do for ants and your big trees? for the first season i started seeing ants around the pots and fear they'll start climbing over the plants if i dont do something. anybody use tanglefoot? or any other line of defense?

veg & rootwise - looking muy bueno fellas!

veg whats the heritage of the 101 north

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

^ mr/ogk-jtr

picture.php

^ mr/kromes the white-'98aww.

these are bsc's manga rosa/x hybrids.

both plants were transplanted into the outdoors may 1, 2012. they were both 18 inches high but i buried the 10 in. rootball down another 6 inches for summer drought possibilities. they were both 12 in. high after tp may 1. the first week they just sat there getting acclimated. they now are growing1 ft./week. be interesting to see if they continue fast growth during the long hot summer months. right now both are 6 ft. tall bushes. my golden tigers done the same way are 4 ft. tall and my custom heri indica is 5 ft. tall.

V

Veg N Out

what do you guys do for ants and your big trees? for the first season i started seeing ants around the pots and fear they'll start climbing over the plants if i dont do something. anybody use tanglefoot? or any other line of defense?

veg & rootwise - looking muy bueno fellas!

veg whats the heritage of the 101 north

Nematodes...It's a Trainwreck Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts