What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomaad

Veteran
Sweet. Looks like I'll save some dough and get my plants in the sun by tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

T

theJointedOne

my strawberrycough i ran lasy tear was also a uge disapointment. looked good and got huge but took too long to finish up...and while the smoke was outstanding quality in terms of high and taste. it had zero bag appeal...looekd like a turkey bag full large turds...haha sorry for the visual...ok gotta go search

please anybody pm me if you know of any rural 215 friendly property rentals that have large sunny back yard or acreage. I can go anywhere in nor cal down to santa cruz mountains all the way up to trinity. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

planty

Wish I knew ya in person TJ1 !! People are always wanting to throw me those kinds of opportunities...they forget I own my own places and do my own thing LOL...Just got an eye on my paper stack..

C

CityOfTrees530

Curious when do you start training the plant? When do you top them and do you bend them after the process. Last season all I did was bend my plants and would like to try a new technique. Are you suppose to top while there still under the grow light or do you wait until there in the ground to top them? How many tops can be done on a plant until it will actually harm the plant. Whats the best methods to train your plants?

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
PS, Strawberry C was thick out this way. Sells good, chunky and therefore the only thing most clowns didn't over dry, assuredly and completely by accident it still has some smell now because of this , lol.

Sorry I missed this earlier Tom. Things aren't planning out the way I had hoped for my outdoor this year. I was going to do a complete outdoor of Deep Chunk.

For some reason though I started a bunch of random starts. Casey Jones, Trainwreck and then a untested project that I was working on (well hey this outdoor will be its test). Also my outdoor will be a lot smaller then it has been in past years.

The Strawberry Cough is something that I was wanting to run for personal smoke, but I am going to do it Indoors after I am finished with my Pure Thai project so it will be a long time from now that I get to run the Strawberry Cough.

Many blessings this outdoor season Mr. Hill. Take Care.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Wanted to drop some love on my BIG plant brothers...The work is picking up on my hill, some final tractor work to be done, then I can start getting soil mixed.

Going for more root space this season, as last year's 300's wern't large enough. The plant on the right was put in last week of june, when only about a foot tall. You guys have me thinking about stringing up lights out there for a May 1 planting, and I'll probably dabble, but...worth it?

picture.php

nomaad

Veteran
Curious when do you start training the plant? When do you top them and do you bend them after the process. Last season all I did was bend my plants and would like to try a new technique. Are you suppose to top while there still under the grow light or do you wait until there in the ground to top them? How many tops can be done on a plant until it will actually harm the plant. Whats the best methods to train your plants?

Go back in the thread to where Butte posted a step by step tutorial on the training and 3D SCROGing of monsters. Post of the year imo.

Welcome back Fisher. Ready to get to work?

C

CityOfTrees530

still not grasping the concept on topping. is the topping done only outside or do you do this while there under the grow light as well? i get how he made the cages just not fully understanding the topping process. Sorry for the questions just really curious.

This is such a great thread! Thank you to all the contributors!

One question to the pros: What do you guys use when you mix your soil? From looking some pictures posted in this thread it seems like mixing is done on a growpot-by-growpot basis. Do you just grab a shovel and go at it for a while? That method seems like it could cause some inconsistencies in the medium.

oh and JointedOne... I have some info for you but I can't PM...

J

*Journeyman*

oh and JointedOne... I have some info for you but I can't PM...
Then give him some reputation and post the info in the rep comment.

still not grasping the concept on topping. is the topping done only outside or do you do this while there under the grow light as well? i get how he made the cages just not fully understanding the topping process.
There's no set program IME. Obviously you do not want to top too late. Part of the training process is about when you start the girls. You do what''s appropriate in that moment all things considered which include things like strain phenotype, vigor, inherent structure, where in the veg cycle it is, how long it flowers, etc. A friend used a technique he called Sasquatching. He'd start a plant and leave the best five branches, let those grow out and save the best 5 branches on each original branch. Plants trained like this do not look anything like a typical canna Xmas tree but more like a fruit tree in a commercial orchard.

C

CityOfTrees530

yes, anybody know of any good places in Butte county to get some good soil? Was going to go to the wormfarm and just use vermicompost/top soil but curious if anybody in this area has a good place to get soil.

Also during my last season we used this product called Grow More 30-10-10 during the veg stage. Made them take off, just thought I would give my input.

J

*Journeyman*

Anybody have any good places they know about to get soil near the Grass Valley area?
Check out www.fullcirclecompost.com and see if they have what you want. Peaceful Valley's stuff should be pretty good but that's a guess. Pretty close also. I remember Guano Tea trying the stuff from the worm farm in Chico and not very good. How many yards of soil are you looking for? I'm sure you don't want just a few bags...heh heh. If not too much maybe I can help a brother out and put the shipping charge for the Full Circle stuff on my freight account. Just PM me and lemme know. At the least I got a freight broker who gives me killer rates for shipping LTL but for short haul with someone like Peaceful Valley go with who they use.

C

CityOfTrees530

looking to fill 6 100 gallon smart pots. Was going to get the vermicompost and just use that for the pots. I'm a poor ass college student $15 for black gold potting soil is a little too expensive for me.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I'm using Just Right but it's pretty expensive shit . I might try to mix up my own shit if I were to go outside and do really big wholes lol peace out Headband707

C

coxswain

I'm also interested in growing huge plants outdoor but guerilla stile. Any tips for me? There's no water supply. I prepare holes with water cristals and chicken manure. This is from last year. Black Jack x Deep Chunk, two plants in one hole.

What I do is dig a bit deeper. 2,5 feet. Bottom layer is sort of moisture reservoir. Soil is mixed with water crystals. I also shield sides with plastic foil to keep moisture in. Upper layer forest soil (humus) mixed with chicken manure. I guess only way to go bigger is to dig wider hole.

T

theJointedOne

large plants and buds require more water than most people think. In fact i wouldnt be surprised if some growers dont water enough sometimes even though they get good results

Status
Not open for further replies.