What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

planty

Run that Huckleberry..It's really katsus block head clone and it's a beast. Nothin' but Bubba Kush, West Coast DOG, and Old Betsy in my yard this year..maybe a couple TKs and a few golden goats for fun..but I doubt it..

Tom Hill

Veteran
I agree with Nomaad, Snowcap goes large marge - relatively late and narrow. I know folks who are sitting on their thumbs not even thinking about starting yet (please see the story of the ant and the grasshopper) while we are busting our humps for over a month now. They will get going in a month or so and still bring Snowcap to 8 pounds+ by harvest. As much as I dislike Snowcap as I feel the quality falls a bit short, I don't know, hard to describe. Like many a high yielding plants from Mexico, the high is a little muddy, dirty, dizzy, blah. Ill put a few out though just to see how this Blue Dream stacks up against it. Blue Dream is looking happy pappi in the g-pad by the way. Many thanks to brother Nomaad for dah healthy roots.-T

picture.php

PS - And Butte said,,, let there be light in the garden where possible,, and it was good, fuggin brilliant, and so it was. I scored 1000ft rolls of romex 14-2 at $175 ea, and check out these gucci lil weather resistant sockets w/pigtails @ $2.75 ea. Mendo's fixin to get a whole lot brighter folks, tehee.

picture.php

J

*Journeyman*

I know folks who are sitting on their thumbs not even thinking about starting yet (please see the story of the ant and the grasshopper)
Gotta love the ants...they've been busy for quite awhile already.

Tom Hill

Veteran
I met a guy today who told me about his 6 foot DEEP holes and I about lost my coffee via my nose. There is no good reason to go deep unless you tend your plants but once a month. While we tend the top 18 inches to perfection -as we should- everything deeper gets culled by root rot. A tap root doesn't exist via clone and even if it did it would matter not. I've been spending a fair amount of time blowing out and widening my camp to run 8 feet wide and 12-18 inches deep. This is mo betta imo.

I am also getting next to the straw this year, and using jute netting around the edges of the containers (this goes for those airpots etc too) not to conserve water, I have plenty, but to bring the roots up and out without getting culled from the heat. -T

picture.php

picture.php

D

danimal7

I met a guy today who told me about his 6 foot DEEP holes and I about lost my coffee via my nose. There is no good reason to go deep unless you tend your plants but once a month. While we tend the top 18 inches to perfection -as we should- everything deeper gets culled by root rot. A tap root doesn't exist via clone and even if it did it would matter not. I've been spending a fair amount of time blowing out and widening my camp to run 8 feet wide and 12-18 inches deep. This is mo betta imo.

I am also getting next to the straw this year, and using jute netting around the edges of the containers (this goes for those airpots etc too) not to conserve water, I have plenty, but to bring the roots up and out without getting culled from the heat. -T

picture.php

picture.php

Tom , is this your patch? .....they looks a little close together?
i got the same kinda things in my yard...mine are made of 2x4 rabbit wire and landscaping fabric some are 4' and some are 6'

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hola Danimal7,

Everything I'll be posting will be all new gardens that you guys haven't seen before. About 10 gardens in all in my charge, this being 1/3 of one, busy busy bro, not counting the breeding work that won't start till about midsummer's day under the trees. Some of these plants are too close, to be sure, it will be a packed house come August and we'll have our work cut out for us indeed keeping shit healthy.

Sounds good D, you toss a couple of narrower/laters in there amigo?

I love this time of year, by far my favorite - Before dreams get replaced with reality :D -Tom

H

humboldtlocal

I love this time of year, by far my favorite - Before dreams get replaced with reality :D -Tom

Too true Tom. Looking good. You will definitely have your hands full this year. Can't wait to see how things turn out for you.

nomaad

Veteran
You're welcome, Tom. They look nice in the bigger pots. Don't look away for too long, they will overgrow your GH. for what its worth, the Dream killed the Snowcap in my homegirl's garden last year.

What are you heating your Gh with?

nomaad

Veteran
I am curious as to what the issue was with Strawberry Cough outdoors? What was the disaster with it?

It didn't finish right. They got huge but wanted to go too long and then didn't fill out proper when the weather got bad. The resulting ganja was extremely low quality. The rest of the garden did well including a 6.5lb Pineapple Plus (i want this strain)... So I don't think it was grower error. It was a disaster because the SC accounted for more than half his garden.

Tom Hill

Veteran
A single Mr. heater in room exhaust type unit. I saw what you guys were eyeballing in the outside exhausting units and it's a good idea to avoid co2 poisoning. The unit I use kicks it up 10degrees, no more, but the exhaust (propane, co2 and H2o) doesn't kill at that rate- I'm nowhere near ideal night temps yet though. Have you thought about a simple outside vented apartment unit at a couple hundred bucks? (I would be tempted to drill a few holes in the exhaust pipe to leak a lil co2) they last for a few years easy. Tx for the baseline BD/SC comparison, I'm not a fan of SC in case you missed it, lol, but I thought I'd hava a look anyhow. -T

PS, Strawberry C was thick out this way. Sells good, chunky and therefore the only thing most clowns didn't over dry, assuredly and completely by accident it still has some smell now because of this , lol.

nomaad

Veteran
So you don't think that the biproducts from a Mr Heater will do any damage to the plants? Cuz it would save me a LOT of money to go with a Mr Heater. I have several. My low temps are in the mid 30's... getting it into the mid 40's would be good enough? I am not just trying to veg my OD crop... I am really going for a greenhouse run with my moms and a sea of Dream at their feet... I was hoping to raise the temps up to 65 or 70 at night... waste of time?

P

planty

Hey Tom..

Good to read you actively on the boards again. Picked up a 48.000 BTU Modine Hot Dawg for my 18x30. Will have to have you and Nspecta up to visit when I'm in full swing.

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Looking good Tom, thanks for the peek. Can't wait to show off my ant-hill here in a few weeks....:D

All my best-

Rootwise

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hehe, I had the pleasure of meeting-up with Nspecta recently and a man that shoots straighter from the hip does not exist, lol. Shoulda seen his score card at a recent cup (I sat next to him), filled with 1's and 2's, lol, a man after my own heart.

Naw Nomaad, as far as I know the byproducts from burning propane are C02 and H2O. We've been burning propane to keep Gpads warm at night for decades, just don't try to dry bud with the same approach, and shoot for the cooler side of the coin. A single burner mr. heater unit on high increases my 12x20x8.5 hoopty prefab gpads 10+degrees at night and this brings me to 40+ at night at worst and all is well. -T

PS, great to see you RootWise, get after it brother :D

Guest423

Veteran
Hehe, I had the pleasure of meeting-up with Nspecta recently and a man that shoots straighter from the hip does not exist, lol. Shoulda seen his score card at a recent cup (I sat next to him), filled with 1's and 2's, lol, a man after my own heart.

:laughing: thats awesome

Sounds like you guys had a good time!

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It didn't finish right. They got huge but wanted to go too long and then didn't fill out proper when the weather got bad. The resulting ganja was extremely low quality. The rest of the garden did well including a 6.5lb Pineapple Plus (i want this strain)... So I don't think it was grower error. It was a disaster because the SC accounted for more than half his garden.

Thank You for this information.

Sorry to your friend that dedicated so much time and space to the strain.

I think I want to run it indoor eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts