What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomaad

Veteran
Funny thing. Where does it say on the Age Old Organics label that the product is organic? I have been using their products as well... Just started scrutinizing the levels the other day when I quoted the NPK out loud to somebody... and they said... "Wow. That can't be organic!" In protest, I started reading the label. Sure, the word "organic" is in the company name... but the products are not certified in any way, nor do they even make claims of being 100% organic anywhere. I'll go look again whne I am out there... just struck me as interesting.

H

humboldtlocal

I am trying to use no bottles this year. I don't want to support those guys and I don't trust them for one second. I have used very few products over the years on my outdoor grows and this year I am hoping to use almost zero.

P

planty

I'm down for a 530 BBQ. I will bring my own cow to eat. On another note..That garden Madrus Rose posted was not his. It was my buddys grow. That grow was done in 2008. 60% West Coast DOG 40% Humboldt Snow. Each bed has 4 plants. Also has plenty of aisle space. Last year that same garden averaged 1-2 pounds per..In that pic the plants were 3.5 pounds per...

P

planty

I'm down for swimming at bear hole then going to the raw bar and taking it over

C

CityOfTrees530

Not much of a price change between the worm factory or the worm farm. Be making my way to the factory to check the compost out. Any suggestions when I go there?

T

theJointedOne

so im just posting to say goodbye to jorneyman, i gota wierd pm from himsaying some shit had messed up his plans and it didnt really make sense and when i wwent to reply it said he didnt exist, so i think he deleted his account....

peace bro...im sure ill talk to ya!

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Love this thread, makes me excited for the 2010 outdoor grows.
nomaad, you better live up to the reputation you got going here on IC!
I got six 65 Gallon smart pots, hoping for six pounds+, think this achievable assuming I do everything right?
:ying:

T

theJointedOne

I got six 65 Gallon smart pots, hoping for six pounds+, think this achievable assuming I do everything right?

I think he did that already last year showing what a new guy on the block can do when he learns to know his shit!! Keep it up Nomaad.

As far as your goal, very doable, just get good sun and train them right, good genetics and ample water...and stay safe! A thing which i think we forget to mention here enough. keep your shit tight!

onelove!

nomaad

Veteran

Herb: Your goal is a reasonable one. I got 1/2 pounders in 65s (black box) that never really grew into those pots because of shock from cold weather and bad health in their pre-transplant pots. full season, some of them would have pulled down 2lbs- no problem. if you are going for 1 pounders, you'll probably be able to hit that mark with a lot of strains that you wouldn't try for REAL MONSTERS with. When I pulled down 1/2 per plant, i got the same yield (more or less) from strains that gave me 1.5 lbs in a 200 as I did from one that gave me more than 5. (the two strains I am using for this comparison are AfPak and Blue Dream)

That's how I like to keep my own goals...reasonable. Last year, and i don't know if I stated it in the OD09 thread, I was going for a single 5lb plant in my garden. This year, my goal is that all of them are 5 lbs. It would be nice to get a few 7 pounders.

The reputation I am going for is not for the biggest or the most... But rather for the highest quality served up with integrity, honesty and fairness.

P

planty

I planted clones out in the 3rd week of June last year in 65 gallon smart pots and got a little over 1 pound a piece. I grew pure indicas.. Humboldt Snow and The DOG. You shouldn't have any problems bro

Guido88

Greetings Tom and all posters of this thread.

Thank you all for the info posted. Great info.

Been thinking on how to grow top quality buds with high yields for the past several weeks for the upcoming season.

I am in an area with high heat combined with coastal fog.

Although recent harvests have been ok I know I can do much better.

This thread has explained quite a bit I needed to learn.

One question (please nobody laugh or flame) Oh hell go ahead.....

Been using clones for the past several harvests. This year I obtained feminized seeds from Green House, DNA and others.

IYHO is feminized a good thing or not for outdoor with high yields in mind?

Guido88

Hash Man

Nice to see everyone preparing for another successful year. I have my season in the works with 36 300 gallon smart pots, and all of Tom's ammendments. Strains i will be putting outside this year are...

Mendo Purple
Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze
Sour Dog
Chemdog D
Blue Dream
Tahoe OG Kush

6 of each and hoping to see some 5 lb'ers coming.

Good luck to all this year. Hash Man

Tom - if planting in midmay, should i cut the bone meal down to 25 lb per pot? The blue dream seems to be sensitive to too much nitrogen, as well as the og kush, but everyone else seems to be able to take a stronger mix...

nomaad

Veteran
Good to see you Hash Man. I'm interested in this nitro sensitivity you mention in the BD... how'd you come to this conclusion?

Tom... I have been using the Black Gold alongside a bunch of other soils... it is always the first to dry out. An amiga of mine stopped using the BG because of its water holding capacity...caused her some problems in the past. Any thoughts? What do you think about the Black Gold coir based product?

C

CityOfTrees530

Just got back from a new place NORTH VALLEY AGRI SYSTEMS.
cheap prices. SUNSHINE PRO POTTING SOIL $7.99 PER 2CU FT. BAG $299.60 PER PALLET Black gold potting soil $12. nice owner.

Hash Man

Nomaad, whats up man, nice to see ya again too. Looks like your getting ready for another fun year.

I have been growing blue dream and tahoe og kush indoors for the past year, and they seem to get the "claw" when fed over 600 ppm in the vegetative cycle...

Also, I grew the ogkush last year and fed the grow nutes a bit late in the season, which, i believe, made my plants so large, with such a small yield... a mistake which i hope not to repeat again.

Here is an example. I thought i would for sure get 3- 5 off of this og...and I only pulled 1... all the while my friend in butte county pulled 2+ per og kush... with smaller plants. The only difference was location, and the fact that he fed less nitrogen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts