What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
California USA

California USA

These aren't really large plants outdoors, so I'm not really sure they belong here in this thread, but it is a current image I captured just a couple days ago, I thought I'd share it here, California USA..DD
picture.php

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Google Earth

Google Earth

I see Google Earth has very recently updated its satellite images. I can clearly see my plants. Maybe Ill have a look and see who else is growin in the neighborhood.

Norkali

I see Google Earth has very recently updated its satellite images. I can clearly see my plants. Maybe Ill have a look and see who else is growin in the neighborhood.

Not cool. Google Earth or Maps or both? Time to go check things out....

edit: Wow, no kidding - updated on Google Maps at least...damn that's unsettling; they couldn't have waited until AFTER harvest season....oh no....

As best as I can tell; they were updated about 2-3 months ago....

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Hey Doob.

Hey Doob.

Im looking at this pic on a 50" monitor, and You caught 4 UFOs in this pic. Three to the left and one to the right

picture.php

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran

They sure did , didn't they ?

Wasn't anything that vivid or clear on Google Earth for NorCal when i was looking
week before last & going up to Earth Dance . These latest updates are on the order of pristine clarity compared to the blurred images before.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Aye, Ganja D called it. I'm finishing the last of my 70 Mr. Nice tomorrow.

Regards,

Tx guys , ok ....G13 x Hashplant .

Boy, the summer farther down south here really threw a curve this yr with the very late start to the hot sunny weather . Today officially the hottest day of the season in Sonoma co.

localhero

well heres my largest lady, silver buddah. smallest clone to plant, will be the largest to harvest. please excuse the crappy pic, i rolled my computer chair over my camera usb cableand am stuck using my fone ;)

picture.php

I

Indian Culture

Wow, these are some very big plants you guy's grow. In my land they don't grow as big they stay short and stout with alot of resins.

We just found some mites down on the Blue Dream outside, you can see damage on about half the plant. She is about 2 weeks from being finished we just fed her for the last time today. Is there any spray that we can use this far in flower to get rid of them? or should we flush her for a week and go ahead and pull her down? I figured I post here since it is full of experts! Thanks in advance for any input.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Thats a tough call. What ever You do dont spray on any Azamax, Pure spray or oil based treatments, it will waste Your trichomes.
One thing I was told but did not follow up on, was spraying low pH water on the mites. I dont know if that would damage the hairs though.

Bulldog11

Veteran
With two weeks left there is little you can do. I could recommend a bath with a sprayer with just water and manually brushing away with your hands the mites. Then you risk bud rot because of the added moisture. People will recommend things like neem or other safe products, but they all taste like shit. Wait the two weeks, or go pay for some flushing agents and flush that soil faster and harvest early. Don't harvest unflushed product, it will ruin your crop.

Dödsknark

Might be an idiot idea but a portable vacuum cleaner and continually using that to get rid of them? Hmm, think I saw someone do that when it was too late for spraying.

G

Goodkarma

vacuum

vacuum

Funny, or not so funny, but I just found out today that I have mites.

A Sensi Star and three Salmon Creek BB's

Never saw a mite before in my life, but I saw a few white spots and pulled a few leaves and looked under the microscope. Spider mites

Trying to find out what I can do, and the vacuum idea also went thru my mind.

I think I am between 1 and 2 weeks from harvest, with a few mites per leaf.

The Sensi Star is huge, I would be vacuuming all day and night.

Afraid to spray due to residual chemicals and/or mold issues

Blubud

Hey GoodKarma what eats spider mites? I know there are places you can order the good bugs that eat the bad ones. That may not get them all but if a person could order a bunch of spiders, praying mantis, or something it could get a lot of them.

I am curious with all these big monster plants being harvested. What would be the selling value per pound? Just curious. I realize most of these are probably grown for medical patients who may not purchase those quantities. But in the world of accurate fantasy what would the market average be?

jdkronyk101

dont spray anything at this point. there is almost nothing you can use that wont effect the buds. benneficial insects while a good idea, you dont have enough time , and in the case of predator mites are quite messy. someone will probably chime out "ladybugs" but thats only a rumor. ladybugs dont actually work well at all inside or out for mite removal, as they prefer aphids as a meal. and again there is just not enough time.
as the temperature drops here in the fall you should see the problem naturally slow down alot no doubt. pray for nights under 55 degrees. id just let it ride.
regards,
j.d.

Status
Not open for further replies.