What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountain top

drying

drying

last season a friend used hortanova hung vertically providing large amounts of drying space, available, cheap, and genius. like the laundry idea, but this season may demand some screen racks to dry as well. so far just thinking of screen door mesh stapled to some custom 1x1 frames, creating large screen shelves.

H

humboldtlocal

picture.php

M

mountain top

Wow....Beautiful autumn pics guys, looks like 2010 is gonna put 09 to shame...

Here's some KC and some Paranormal Kryptonite

sb420/prop 215 compliant growing organic

Guest423

Veteran
I'd say, 2010 is gonna easily be my best year in 17 years of outdoor growing, the best part of all is I didn't have to water 1 time. We've had more rain this year in my area then any year I can remember!

Update from the Big Farm:

Update from the Big Farm:

Here's some current photos of the BIG FARM! BLESSINGS 2 ALL!!!
picture.php

Block Head
picture.php

Mental Floss

picture.php

Blue Dream
picture.php

Deep Chunk x Bubba Kush
picture.php

Blue Dream
picture.php

Glo
picture.php

Mental Floss
picture.php

Front: Sweet Tooth #3 (F2); Back left: Mental Floss
picture.php

Left to Right: Flo, Block Head, Kish; front right: Blue Dream
picture.php

S

snuggles

great big farm fill! :faint:

most of all i like those blue dream monsters you share with us.
they look really, really huge :laughing:

rgds,
snuggles

Last edited:

Sideways

Jesus- Fill your a fuckin madman- those plants are insane.

I can't wait to see the results from everyone's grow this year- GanjaD, Fillthepotmore, Humboldtlocal, Nomaad, Butte, trinity gold, fisher15, Dr purpur and of course Tom Hill.
Alright lets let the guessing game begin----

Who is going to have the largest yield on one plant- dried product- Guesses at the weight?
The Vegas line has Fill and HL in the lead at even money. Tom could be a force to be reckoned with but with no pics as of late.....
Ganja D, Fisher, or Butte could be the dark horses to look out for. Maybe others......... we'll have to see how it plays out.

I am guessing the winner will have to have one plant- dried, trimmed weight- 11.0 # plus.

5FingrdSloth

wow lots to learn in this thread. think I might hang in these trees a little and soak up some knowledge
:wave:

It's amazing how big you guys got all yours.. I finally got a few snaps of ours, about 3 weeks from being done. Not quite as big, not sure why other than they may have been a tad smaller than most of the folks going out here, and maybe a bit later than some (June 1-7 here depending on the plant).. Anyway, more importantly we have 3 that really started to look sick in the last couple weeks and I'm thinking it might be a major P deficiency, so I was wondering if anyone with experience could verify this for me. It'll be the picture with the shitty ass curly leaves on it. The other couple pics are the healthy ones, mostly Sour DxNL and LUIxF13.. Most probably don't remember me mentioning our SWT #3 that was molding last month, well it just kept going down hill and was taken last night. it turns out that particular one wasnt an SWT#3 but an Alpha D/SWT #3 Cross. My pure SWT #3 is actually doing pretty awesome. Anyway, here's some pics and as mentioned if anyone knows if it's a P def I'd love to know and I'd also like to know if it's too late in the game to add some fast P solution, foliar, tea, whatever, with only 3 weeks left. the worst of the 3 looks like nothing will help it but 2 of them may actually have time to be saved a bit..

image 4607 and 4609 are the full plant/a bud from that plant I'm wondering about the possibly deficiency on.
Thanks everyone!

SIDE NOTE: If you look closely you can see the hortinova. That's the shit I painted last month with the Krylon Plastic paint stuff . I forgot about it until I was looking at the monsters with the hortinova in previous pictures. For those that are worried about camoing the paint, it was easy to do, and when I was in trimming the insides of the bushes I kept running my hand in to the hortinova because I couldn't see the shit and it was right in front of me. I haven't seen any paint coming off of it at all so far. So thumbs up to Krylon (Walmart brand) plastic-specific pant.

Attachments

• IMG_4621.jpg
    IMG_4621.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4630.jpg
    IMG_4630.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4632.jpg
    IMG_4632.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4631.jpg
    IMG_4631.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4628.jpg
    IMG_4628.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4609.jpg
    IMG_4609.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4607.jpg
    IMG_4607.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 22

nomaad

Veteran
BBBill: can't tell for sure, but it looks like your growth may have been limited by pathogens. There is a droopy characteristic to the plants that show yellowing (img4632?) that sets off my alarm bells. Its never too late in the season for your plants to drop dead of these pathogens. I just lost a whole plant. I am using Mycostop regularly to fight these pathogens.

2010_0925-040.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
You guys are so lucky to be able to grow outdoors like that!!!! keep it going thats some true medical cannabis thank you for sharing all!
keep it green and simple.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Yep

Yep

I could live like that.

Just had my first walk ion the garden this morning. The Haze Monster is growing like crazy now, just started budding. About 12 or so weeks to go. "Smoke around the corner"!

Joe's Garage

BBBill: can't tell for sure, but it looks like your growth may have been limited by pathogens. There is a droopy characteristic to the plants that show yellowing (img4632?) that sets off my alarm bells. Its never too late in the season for your plants to drop dead of these pathogens. I just lost a whole plant. I am using Mycostop regularly to fight these pathogens.

2010_0925-040.jpg

Damn. I sure hope that wasn't a full season plant in a 200, but it looks like it was...so sad to see all that work go to waste, my condolences. Fungal pathogens sure did a number this year, but thanks to this thread, esp. one of your earlier posts I was able to successfully combat much of it with mycostop/rootshield.

Wondering what your thoughts on the "contaminated" soil are??? I had more problems in 3 year old holes than in fresh soil in smart pots(but both showed symptoms)... thinking of ditching the holes/old soil and putting smart pots on top with fresh soil next year(innoculated with beneficials of course).

Anyways, the garden looks great and thanks again for keeping this dreaded subject in the public eye....still trying to convince some old timers it wasn't gophers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts