What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Green New Deal

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
That's the green new deal from the Green party. AOC green new deal is not the same. They may have some over lapping policy, not the same thing though.

I hope that man will still occupy this planet in 200,000 years and read these historical records as we did with cave drawings. Charting Mans intellectual development, this period will look like the Great Depression.:tiphat:

AOC version Green Deal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...en-new-deal-democrats/?utm_term=.a61e40b1b9a9

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Thou shalt not kill ranks pretty damn high on Jesus priority. Their are biblical passages, that make it clear.
you need to get out more. scholars of ancient texts & interpretation of same now believe the phrase you mention would be more accurately stated as "thou shall not commit murder" not "thou shalt not kill". different, lol. abortion is not new, it precedes any currently existing civilization by hundreds if not thousands of years. and these idiots who constantly harp about people that are "pro-abortion" are morons. no one is FOR abortion. but many people realize that sometimes it is necessary to save the life/health of the mother, whether it be mental or physical danger involved. why would you try to force a woman/girl to carry to term a child that would be stillborn? or so deformed that it will not survive? what kind of fucking monsters are these "people" that insist on their "right" to tell others how to live their lives? would you like it if the situation was reversed? if you believe that all life is sacred, that is your right. but it is none of your business what anyone else decides, and God did not put you here to force your beliefs on others. anyone that would force a woman that has been raped to give birth to the rapists child needs to go see a GOOD psychiatrist, and quick! abortions in a good world (perfect is unattainable) would be rare, safe, and done in privacy with no screaming lunatics yelling "BABY KILLERS!" outside.

packerfan79

Veteran
you need to get out more. scholars of ancient texts & interpretation of same now believe the phrase you mention would be more accurately stated as "thou shall not commit murder" not "thou shalt not kill". different, lol. abortion is not new, it precedes any currently existing civilization by hundreds if not thousands of years. and these idiots who constantly harp about people that are "pro-abortion" are morons. no one is FOR abortion. but many people realize that sometimes it is necessary to save the life/health of the mother, whether it be mental or physical danger involved. why would you try to force a woman/girl to carry to term a child that would be stillborn? or so deformed that it will not survive? what kind of fucking monsters are these "people" that insist on their "right" to tell others how to live their lives? would you like it if the situation was reversed? if you believe that all life is sacred, that is your right. but it is none of your business what anyone else decides, and God did not put you here to force your beliefs on others. anyone that would force a woman that has been raped to give birth to the rapists child needs to go see a GOOD psychiatrist, and quick! abortions in a good world (perfect is unattainable) would be rare, safe, and done in privacy with no screaming lunatics yelling "BABY KILLERS!" outside.

That's the crazy extreme manipulation of everything I said. Never have I said a woman would have to carry a still born child. In reality the protocol for the vast majority of the life of the mother medical conditions is to deliver the child. Why not deliver the child alive? The original argument 45 minutes ago, the abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. I am not completely opposed to a woman's rights. Now, we are in a world where women celebrate their abortion, that's not safe legal and rare. It's disgusting. Now New York is allowing abortion in the 9th month. Oh, and they are celebrating it by lighting the empire state building pink. That's fucking sad. Do you see how the slippery slope works? Safe legal and rare = 9th month abortion.

By the way I'm not yelling at anyone.

Absolem

Abortion is more tolerable than putting moms, dads, and doctor's in prison for life on murder charges because they didn't want anymore kids by having an abortion. This country is not going to orphan a bunch of kids because their parents are in prison for murder for an abortion.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That's the crazy extreme manipulation of everything I said. Never have I said a woman would have to carry a still born child. Safe legal and rare = 9th month abortion.

never accused you of being one of the raging maniacs outside of clinics. BUT...the 9th month abortions we were talking about are nearly ALWAYS those you deny referring to. babies that will be stillborn, or so horribly malformed that they have no chance at life. all the bill in NY did was to lower the number of doctors agreeing that it was a needed procedure. can't find another physician that agrees with you? too bad, you ARE having that baby. but idiots keep squalling about "murdering perfectly healthy babies, those damn liberals!" i agree that a healthy infant carried that far should be properly cared for & put up for adoption if the mother gets cold feet at the last moment. i also believe that the "quality of life" of the infant should be considered. will they be brain-dead? invalids for life? incapable of interaction with family? will the family be forced into bankruptcy trying to care for them, losing everything? really? is that "Gods will", or...some religious zealots wanting to control other peoples lives? "live as i say, or go to jail/hell!" fuck 'em all...:moon:

Lester Moore

Veteran
and that is the problem, what the left claims is not the issue
it's the science that's the issue
which doesn't lend it self to clever word play
the science is heavy, tedious, and not entertaining
“Science is heavy, tedious, and not entertaining” you forgot, and saturated with federal money which come from groups that benefit from specific results.

Lester Moore

Veteran
So, how many babies are born every year, stillborn, or with serious deformities? How many or what percentage of abortions being performed today are of these stillborn, and deformed babies? A women’s right? What if the baby is female, do those Rights apply to to her? If a pregnant women is hit by a drunk driver and the baby is killed, the drunk driver gets charged with manslaughter, what if she was on her way to have an abortion? Manslaughter charge negated?

Lester Moore

Veteran
One more thing, I have a Dog that I do love, she is currently pregnant...I am not ready to have all those puppies, I am having the hardest fucking time finding a vet to abort the puppies.

Gry

Veteran
Yeah how far Jesus has fallen... went from throwing ‘lenders’ out of the temple to mowing my lawn (with a combustion motor fwiw). As far as cutting mil spending, cool story... now get Israel to quit dickriding US mil and quit starting shit in Middle East and all would be well. Could save a lot of money if US military wasn’t fighting wars for the chosen ones. However, as long as we have ‘duel’ citizen overlords in Congress, this will never happen. But don’t bring that up. Even criticizing AIPAC or calling them out for what they are leads to neat little titles like antisemetic
Israel. They do have the custom corporate militarized attack dog complex down pat.

Gry

Veteran
That's the crazy extreme manipulation of everything I said. Never have I said a woman would have to carry a still born child. In reality the protocol for the vast majority of the life of the mother medical conditions is to deliver the child. Why not deliver the child alive? The original argument 45 minutes ago, the abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. I am not completely opposed to a woman's rights. Now, we are in a world where women celebrate their abortion, that's not safe legal and rare. It's disgusting. Now New York is allowing abortion in the 9th month. Oh, and they are celebrating it by lighting the empire state building pink. That's cherrypicked examples provided conviently fucking sad. Do you see how the slippery slope works? Safe legal and rare = 9th month abortion.

You did however introduce the subject, along with repeating
each and every talking point.
Birth control is next up on the hit list.
Right along with doing away with the age of consent.

igrowone

Veteran
“Science is heavy, tedious, and not entertaining” you forgot, and saturated with federal money which come from groups that benefit from specific results.
based on your reasoning climate change is impossible to prove by government agencies

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Birth control is next up on the hit list.

yup. if they can stop abortion, those that think life begins at conception will go after many popular birth control methods because they prevent a fertilized egg from implanting on the walls of the uterus. what the religious zealots desire is total control of citizens private life. if you have genital sex (intercourse) they want to force you to have a baby. if you have any other type of sex, they want you to be ashamed of being human, or go to jail. (see also "sodomy" laws in some states) they do not see having sex as an expression of love (which for some, it is admittedly not) for your partner. the only excuse for sex with those nutjobs is for procreation. if you LOOK at many of those folks, i guess sex WOULD NOT be any fun, lol...:tiphat:

Gry

Veteran
yup. if they can stop abortion, those that think life begins at conception will go after many popular birth control methods because they prevent a fertilized egg from implanting on the walls of the uterus. what the religious zealots desire is total control of citizens private life. if you have genital sex (intercourse) they want to force you to have a baby. if you have any other type of sex, they want you to be ashamed of being human, or go to jail. (see also "sodomy" laws in some states) they do not see having sex as an expression of love (which for some, it is admittedly not) for your partner. the only excuse for sex with those nutjobs is for procreation. if you LOOK at many of those folks, i guess sex WOULD NOT be any fun, lol...:tiphat:
Just did hear that in Idaho,a bill was turned down which would have put in a floor of 15 as an age of consent.

Badfishy1

Abortion is more tolerable than putting moms, dads, and doctor's in prison for life on murder charges because they didn't want anymore kids by having an abortion. This country is not going to orphan a bunch of kids because their parents are in prison for murder for an abortion.

Leftist mentality here... if we don’t kill the children the parents will... actions/consequences paradigm... be a whore get pregnant... subhuman

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It really goes back to the ol' "Worship my god and follow his rules or I will kill you" (or put you in jail).

Onward christian soldiers, right?

Nothing has killed more people on this planet than this primitive kind of thinking,

Badfishy1

Awesome read. Mate, I'd love to live in a world like that. My son has decided not to have children due to the uncertain future re the climate. Kinda sad but I'd probably make the same choice if I was starting out. I'm thinking that the dystopians will put the kibosh on the Green Deal quick smart.

Lol... not having children due to ‘climate change fear’... poor kid.

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
Political "discussion"....the only time it's 100% ok to debate whether killing babies is a yay or nay haha. Human beings are so horrible man lmao.