What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Green New Deal

packerfan79

Veteran
I guess you missed 60 Minutes last night. Deniers are being taken to the Supreme Court where scientific research and facts will prevail and trumpian climate deniers will have their ignorance proven.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/julian...ment-from-supporting-fossil-fuels-60-minutes/

The likelihood of national health care is looking very good after trump has shown us how fucked the republican party has become. The fake news and alternate facts will float away down the river.

Yeah, don't address the fact that the left can't separate their pet projects from climate change. If climate change is what is claimed by the left, they should be willing to do anything to help. Not using it as a tool to get their crazy shit pushed through. Priorities my friend. What's more important a political win, or saving the world?

You still have to throw in universal health care. Isn't climate change the number 1 priority. Isn't this our world war? Isn't this the issue that defines our generations? Stop putting political wins above saving the world. So selfish.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Sad response buddy. Pure rhetoric - No facts.

Climate change will be addressed with facts in the Supreme Court.

The days of sanctioned rip-offs for payoffs by insurance, pharma, and medical will come to an end. The party is over for these people and we will show the rest of the civilized world that we are laggers but finally caught on.

Yeah, don't address the fact that the left can't separate their pet projects from climate change. If climate change is what is claimed by the left, they should be willing to do anything to help. Not using it as a tool to get their crazy shit pushed through. Priorities my friend. What's more important a political win, or saving the world?

You still have to throw in universal health care. Isn't climate change the number 1 priority. Isn't this our world war? Isn't this the issue that defines our generations? Stop putting political wins above saving the world. So selfish.

igrowone

Veteran

and that is the problem, what the left claims is not the issue
it's the science that's the issue
which doesn't lend it self to clever word play
the science is heavy, tedious, and not entertaining

kickarse

Mate, I have so few friends already, and if you take away google I'll be all on my lonesome.
I hear what you're saying and I get the exact same argument from a Trump supporter mate. Only source he believes is Trump, but unfortunately Trump's a liar. You have to get your info from somewhere, so where are you getting yours?. Separating the wheat from the chaff on Google isn't too hard.
Climate change is real and I'm not going to waste my time debating it. I'm in Sth East Australia and my house is currently surrounded by bush fires. We get a fraction of the summer rain we used to only a few years ago. It's changing so fast it's frightening.

I'm in sth east Australia, it was a crap summer, only January was warm, nice to have some dry weather.
It beats the 3 years of pissing down rain that we had after the drought, which was better than all the rain we got in the early-mid 90s, which was better than the dry hot couple of years before that, and that was much better than the freezing cold of the 80s :biggrin:

can see ya fires from here, they should do some burning off, instead of blaming bullshit "MAN MADE"climate change

'Boogieman'

If getting rid of cows is a serious consideration, you will never get my vote. Beef is my favorite meat and im willing to let the glaciers melt and cities drown too keep it.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Whoever believes humans have 0 impact on weather are flat earth stupid.

Doesnt matter if we have fire, and ice ages... To think we should ignore our impact, and knowingly encourage the instability is beyond dumb to even mention in politics.. Makes your entire group look stupid.

Absolem

Doesnt matter if we have fire, and ice ages... To think we should ignore our impact, and knowingly encourage the instability is beyond dumb to even mention in politics.. Makes your entire group look stupid.

Agreed ^^^^^

The same people who don't believe NASA when it comes to our own planet only believe NASA when it comes to other planets billions of miles away. Strange.

Mick

Veteran
We vilify because the left refuses to separate the universal health care, Universal income, etc. A bunch of crap that will never pass so they use scare tactics. If stopping climate change is your goal, STOP using it as an excuse to take over half the economy. STOP using it as a tool. Address the problem directly.

If the left REALLY wants to address climate change, you need us. If this is the number one issue, maybe their are better ways than blaming everything on conservatives.

It's all about power. The left has had control of government many times, yet haven't done shit. It's about political power.

What has Universal Health care got to do with climate change? We have Universal Health Care in Australia and still have a conservative climate change denier government in power, although some of the moderates are now on board. It seems that our last moderate conservative Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, was rolled by the far right of his own party because he was a believer. Considering you're a Christian, I find your belief system kind of Schizoid. There's no doubt that if your Jesus was here today he'd be championing Universal Health Care. Here's an idea. Why not cut way back on defence spending. Currently 54 percent of all federal discretionary spending in the U.S is on the military and they are 2015 numbers. In one fell swoop you could get rid of poverty, improve education and have universal health care, and Jesus would weep tears of joy. I think you'll find that the left, and especially the Greens, are way more in line with the teachings of Christ, in that they champion the rights of the poor, the downtrodden and the persecuted. Conservative Christianity is more in line with the money lenders Jesus threw out of the temple.

Mick

Veteran
I'm in sth east Australia, it was a crap summer, only January was warm, nice to have some dry weather.
It beats the 3 years of pissing down rain that we had after the drought, which was better than all the rain we got in the early-mid 90s, which was better than the dry hot couple of years before that, and that was much better than the freezing cold of the 80s :biggrin:

can see ya fires from here, they should do some burning off, instead of blaming bullshit "MAN MADE"climate change

Hasn't been any burning off around here for a couple of years and I hope this isn't the new trend. They drop little incendiary devises from Helicopters and as a result I lost a sweet plot one year from them. You've gotta laugh. Of all the things that can go wrong, I never considered that :biggrin:

'Boogieman'

Just curious, what about people like myself. I believe in climate change and I believe we negatively effect the climate with our carbon footprint. I also believe the numbers are exaggerated due to political influence, I absolutely do not believe that the world will end in 12 years.

packerfan79

Veteran
What has Universal Health care got to do with climate change? We have Universal Health Care in Australia and still have a conservative climate change denier government in power, although some of the moderates are now on board. It seems that our last moderate conservative Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, was rolled by the far right of his own party because he was a believer. Considering you're a Christian, I find your belief system kind of Schizoid. There's no doubt that if your Jesus was here today he'd be championing Universal Health Care. Here's an idea. Why not cut way back on defence spending. Currently 54 percent of all federal discretionary spending in the U.S is on the military and they are 2015 numbers. In one fell swoop you could get rid of poverty, improve education and have universal health care, and Jesus would weep tears of joy. I think you'll find that the left, and especially the Greens, are way more in line with the teachings of Christ, in that they champion the rights of the poor, the downtrodden and the persecuted. Conservative Christianity is more in line with the money lenders Jesus threw out of the temple.

Read the details of the Green New Deal. It's a basket of crazy . Federal right to housing, Medicare for all, federal jobs guarantees, free college. Those and many more have nothing to do with climate change, it's really an impediment to any policy change.

It's pretty lame when people who are in favor of abortion, claim voting for the government to confiscate other people's wealth and give it to the poor is somehow morally superior. If you want to be morally superior, take your money and help the poor.

Thou shalt not kill ranks pretty damn high on Jesus priority. Pampering people who don't want to work, with money from people who do work. Their are biblical passages, that make it clear.

Badfishy1

Yeah how far Jesus has fallen... went from throwing ‘lenders’ out of the temple to mowing my lawn (with a combustion motor fwiw). As far as cutting mil spending, cool story... now get Israel to quit dickriding US mil and quit starting shit in Middle East and all would be well. Could save a lot of money if US military wasn’t fighting wars for the chosen ones. However, as long as we have ‘duel’ citizen overlords in Congress, this will never happen. But don’t bring that up. Even criticizing AIPAC or calling them out for what they are leads to neat little titles like antisemetic

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Just curious, what about people like myself. I believe in climate change and I believe we negatively effect the climate with our carbon footprint. I also believe the numbers are exaggerated due to political influence, I absolutely do not believe that the world will end in 12 years.

G `day BM

Its not that the world will end in 12 years ...

It is if we haven`t made some changes , then in 12 years it is irreversible and will lead to a lot more people not having happy existences .

Reading comprehension . I used to notice a lot of my class mates struggled with it at school .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Mick

Veteran
Here's the New Green Deal.

No need for story time, This is it.

https://www.gp.org/green_new_deal

Awesome read. Mate, I'd love to live in a world like that. My son has decided not to have children due to the uncertain future re the climate. Kinda sad but I'd probably make the same choice if I was starting out. I'm thinking that the dystopians will put the kibosh on the Green Deal quick smart.

Mick

Veteran
People are free to deny it, of course.... there will always be contrarians on every subject for the rest of time, but it reminds me of an old Yosemite Sam cartoon.... I think the contrarians will end up just like Sam, but so will the rest of us :frown:

Bugs Bunny throws a match into the ammunition room, Sam freaks out and retrieves it, Bugs does it again and Sam retrieves it again....
Sam says 'if you do that again i aint going after it', Bugs does it anyway :biglaugh:
Sam stands around tapping his toes, starts to sweat, plays yoyo then can't handle it anymore so runs into the room *KABOOM*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW7gEQjCNPo

If there was only a slight chance that we were making the planet less habitable why wouldn't you want to try to do the right thing for future generations??

Enjoyed the Bugs Bunny clip mate. That was a blast from the blast. As to why they would take chances with the future of their very own children, I guess that's between them and their god. It doesn't strike me as a very conservative approach to take though, it's quite the opposite. It could be Indoctrination, or maybe they just want to see the earth burn, or greed, the third of the 7 deadly sins, or a combination of some or all. Makes no sense.

Latest posts

Latest posts