What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Future of Legal Cannabis vs. The New Federal Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

mowood3479

Veteran
Mowood, a divided America is what the politicians and the lame media want. I want people who are not owned by special interest, Hillary Clinton is the right hand of the special interest. The media is the left hand. Look at what the media and the establishment politicians are not telling you. That's where the scary shit lies. Look at wiki leaks, look at the crap going on in North Dakota. Look at the federal land grabs in the west. The federal government owns 70 % of the rural land in the western United States. Look at Obama giving Iran 1.6 billion dollars. The list goes on and on. I hope that you do some research about the shit that they are doing. True legalization will never come as long as we are part of the United Nations. The politicians and there silent handlers are no longer representing the interest of the people. America is the last holdout. If this country falls to the globalist you will be more worried about starvation than medical, recreational, or any other type of Marijuana use. I agree we should be able to grow as much weed as we please, and sell, or donate as much weed as we please. Without the fear of arrest. People who grow weed should be celebrated, not imprisoned.Unfortunately I really doubt that this will ever happen. Look at California's lame legalization, more people will be imprisoned because of so called legal weed.

I agree the government has been underhanded and nefarious for a long time. Politicians are basically pawns of the banks and corporations and have been for a long long time.. I just don't think our president elect will be able to change that.. And I'm skeptical enough to believe he wouldn't want to change it even if he could.
Hopefully I'm wrong

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Since "shit rolls downhill", then it makes sense to examine the guy at the top. According to what I have read/heard, Trumpy is all about Amendment 10 and will save Billion$ when he starts divesting the Federal Government of certain obligations/expenditures that rightfully belong to the States. What motivates Trumpy? Money and winning.

I see a common thread with Amendment 10 and his words concerning "abortion" and "medical marijuana":

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

“Having to do with abortion," Trump said, " if it ever were overturned, it would go back to the states."

"In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state," Trump told The Washington Post. "… Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states."

He has also expressed support for medical marijuana, telling Bill O'Reilly in February that he's, "in favor of medical marijuana 100%."

"I know people that have serious problems and they did that they really — it really does help them," Trump said.

Sessions serves Trumpy, and Attorney Generals seldom piss off their boss. So I doubt Sessions will go rogue and reverse course and go against Trumpy on matters of medical/recreation marijuana enforcement/prosecution.

I feel bad for those that fell prey to the false narratives pushed by the elites/mainstream media during this past election. Most of the hysteria I see was "manufactured" and baseless, thus allowing the elites/mainstream media to feel they are still "relevant" in this new political landscape. But those of us that live in this new "landscape" do not like, need or want those idiots controlling our lives. Who knows what is best for me? Some fool in Washington DC that I have never met or someone (like myself) that has been around "me" since the day I was born (some 60+ years ago). I don't ever want to hear these words, "Hi, we are from the Federal Government and we are here to help."

Since most of us do not like to be told where to go, what to do, what to wear, what medicine to take, what music to listen to, what to read, what to smoke, and more importantly--who to vote for...ahh so sorry, too bad...shame a silly little concept called "personal freedom" mucked up their self-serving parade of the elites...lol.

Slipnot

If it was any indication how Trump owned the media even thou they tried there best at all arena's to bash him haha i love it
He sure grabbed them by the pussies and show them who is boss

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I thought this thread was supposed to be about cannabis legalization.

Slipnot

Last time i looked ?? most states are becoming legal i mean 50 states and 28 are legal states right now sure in the months there will be more becoming legal

As for it at a federal level It will NEVER EVER EVER happen it will always be controlled by the Government in some form

Just like alcohol

For much of U.S. history, commerce in alcoholic beverages has been regulated and subject to relatively high taxes. A disparate set of objectives has motivated this historical regulatory effort, the relative importance of these objectives varying with shifts in public attitudes. The current regulatory structure reflects a paramount concern with maintaining an “orderly” commercial trade in alcoholic beverages and maintaining tax revenues. Also reflected in current regulations, though less visibly, is a concern for promoting temperance and protecting the public from adverse consequences of drinking. Minimum age restrictions on sales, limits on the number and nature of sales outlets, and (to some extent) high taxes are intended to limit the availability of alcohol and thereby reduce the harm engendered by high-volume or inappropriate drinking.

MJ will be the same restricted and high taxed its coming hold on

cryptop

Trump's transition team has Peter Thiel, the funder of a $100 million cannabis holdings company. One of his biggest donors and longtime friends is a huge owner in Terra Tech's IVXX brand. If Trump does go after cannabis he will lose substantial support from the very people who put him into office (and more importantly allow him to implement any of his policies) Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, etc.

People don't even understand that Sessions was only the FOURTH WORST possible AG that Trump could have picked. He could have picked: Christie (whose #1 priority was to enforce federal cannabis laws), Giuliani (who most likely has dementia at this point, doesn't care about the political suicide for Trump of going after cannabis+wants the same as Christie) or Kobach (who is known for making signatures "disappear" on local decrim+medical petitions, so they aren't able to make the ballot).

Sessions is a good ole' boy who has hilariously bad personal views on cannabis, but his priorities are going after the IRS and handling immigration. It would be stupid for him to rescind the Cole Memo, both politically and economically.

Many have their panties in a bunch because he said "good people don't smoke marijuana" -- LOL, execs of some of the biggest companies in the industry say much worse on the daily. All these companies who have the resources to put out impeccable product, but knowingly sell poisonous stuff to children with medical conditions... they don't think consumers are "good" people, they barely think they're people at all.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If by that you mean the moderation of our site, then quite frankly I'm sick and tired of such attitudes. Don't like the rules, then go post some where else. No one is keeping you here. You knew the TOU when you signed up.

Threads wouldn't change or disappear if they stayed within the confines of the TOU. It's really quite simple.

dank.Frank

oldchuck

Veteran
Frank, look up my posts going way back. If you can find one that violates the TOU let us all know.

The pot political discussions/arguments are interesting and sometimes useful and I hate them getting a rather arbitrary ax all too often.

So get off your high horse.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I don't see Trump doing anything regarding legal cannabis at the federal level. I'm sure he has a good amount of money in stock of multiple large pharma companies. The national debt, immigration, and infrastructure are much bigger problems right now, at least for Trump.

With that said, I do agree with stoney917 the good old days were a lot more fun, and profitable. With risk came reward. A lot of the newbie growers looking to make a quick dollar will learn there is very real competition out there.

-Funk

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Some of you guys need to really relax with the whole "the feds are evil" attitude...

"The feds" is made up of people who eat, shit fuck and sleep like all of us, some good, some bad, and most stupid as fuck.

You'll have dumbasses whose views on cannabis have been "planted" in them and they go with it because they think it makes them sound intelligent or whatever other desirable adjective they crave to be seen as.

No different than the pothead who thinks he'll be accepted more if he embodies the stereotypes many seem to love in the forums...

Because who gives a fuck about a little independent critical thinking anymore when we can just embody stereotypes and jack each other off, right? LOL

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wait...hold on...what happened?
I was under the impression that once prop 64 passed and all those greedy self serving evil California growers w their paltry 6 or 7 decades of collective service...sacrifice... knowledge..and experience were put in their place that the rest of the world would just lay down at the feet of the canna gods!
I thought no one would have to put in the effort that those same scumbags from Cali have?
Now your telling me it's not a slam dunk?
I'm shocked...

WelderDan

Veteran
Sessions is one of those "States Rights" guys. We'll see if he changes his tune when it's something he disagrees with when the time comes.

It changes nothing for me. Even though Florida now has a MMJ law, I don't qualify under the current restrictions. So I'm still illegal. I do hope the folks that do qualify won't be screwed though.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am blown away by how many people who would rather have a president who is a corrupt politician (all of them are) over a successful business man. Fuck the establishment, potheads used to be open minded now they just follow the most bought and paid for candidates. Feds will screw it up now matter which party it is.by the way I am a staunch libertarian. If I am not directly hurting you, stay the funk out of my life.

This thread is not about your personal politics or opinions about anything other than cannabis law and policy. Please stay on track. Ty. Happy holidays.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sessions is one of those "States Rights" guys. We'll see if he changes his tune when it's something he disagrees with when the time comes.

It changes nothing for me. Even though Florida now has a MMJ law, I don't qualify under the current restrictions. So I'm still illegal. I do hope the folks that do qualify won't be screwed though.

I think that it is possible that one of the reasons cannabis made so much advancement on a state level is because it stayed a back seat issue at the federal level. Basically ignored, except for a budget bill. Maybe if it was pressed more on a federal level than it would have brought out the drug warriors trying to make a moot point, and pass some new anti pot bill before the nations approval levels of pot were so publicly high. Now with 5 years of data from legalized states, the numbers show that the pro pot people were right about the positive effects on society, and large boost in tax revenue, it will be much harder to push backwards. Add the support of the other legal and medical states, along with a booming cannabis private sector, a powerful coalition of politicians and moneyed interest can be formed and make major plays in Washington. However, it seems to me that that they will be on defense for the next 4 years at least .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A lot of younger repubs or 'conservatives' do not favor making drug use a crime. The oldest are dying out. That is how 64 got passed. McClintock was in favor or legalization, his county is a big producer of pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.