What's new

Diary The Further Adventures of Mr VerdantGreen

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, here are the Gorilla Vs. Rhino They are at nearly 8 weeks and looking pretty much done - so the fast flowering WR and GB have combined to make a fast hybrid. They are very frosty and smell kushy and skunky. Not much fuel or gas.. more musky/leathery/earthy... the overall effect is reminds me of the bubba
There are differences but i would say they are all quite similar smelling and looking.
GVR4
GVR4@8.jpg
GVR4nug.jpg

This macro has the trics looking pretty much ripe
gvr4macro.jpg

GVR3
GVR3@8.jpg
GVR3nug.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
@VerdantGreen those GVR's are looking good. The white rhino terp dominance seems to have tamped down the GB gassy terps from what I'm reading. I have a WRxp98BK that has a strong WR profile with just enough bubba to make it a standout. Its currently in a friend's garden while I clear out my current grow. Im looking forward to that smoke again.

I like the look of the GVR4.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey @Jahaze yes i'm going to check them again today but the profile seems to have more the bottom notes from the GB, the kushy skunky leathery notes.. and also similar elements of the WR.
Agreed number 4 (or perhaps 3) looks about the best but all quite similar. I'd like to run a couple again in warmer temps. It was SO COLD for the week or two as they budded up and also they don;t seem so happy in the soil as the BDR... possibly the root growth slowed a bit quicker due to the faster flowering onset and they didn't root out quite enough into their final pots... long story short i think i could do them a bit better
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @LouDog420 for checking in! - temps are better now, we had a weeks or two of very cold temps in early flower... i think in my cab a bit of bottom heat would be good to warm the soil in the pots because the canopy is quite dense and the light/heat doesn;t get down that far...
VG

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I like the pine tar Kush. Nice purple coming through with cold temps. Pakistan’s are a favourite of mine for evenings and other times for medicine. There’s a lot of cannabinoids in these varietals. I’m actually flipping Triple Pakistan tomorrow. That’s Tom Hills. ( PTK x X18 ) x Aunt of Farauk.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @skunkfunk, PTK is great and the Pine Tar Gush is
Gorilla Bubble x PTK (my collaboration with @Tonygreen )
That plant is one of the seed mothers or the F3s that you can get from seedboutique/realgorilla. The cold temps seem to have bought out its hashplant side a bit more on this run.
That 3 way cross you are starting sounds good. Never tried Aunt of Farouk but love the other two... i'll look out for your grow.
VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
That PTG is laden with resin @VerdantGreen. I too noticed that the colder dry air seems to promote a bit more coverage than during my hotter more humid runs this summer. So as you know from the PTG thread in your section that I finished the #4 plant recently and so I recently got together with some friend and decided to bring everyone two 1g joints so we can catch up and just shoot the shit. Before lighting up everyone commented on the dry pull taste of pine fuel and a bit sour fruit. Each and everyone of them commented on how smooth the smoke and tasty each pull was and after about 5 mins everyone including myself still had 3/4 of the 1st joint in our hand completely hammered. We were together a total of 6 hours that night and only one of us was able to to finish the 2nd joint...it wasn't me. I can't recall the last time I was so high for so long on a little over a gram of weed. We were all so unbelievable wasted just somehow functional and still able to put down a few pints. That pine really lends itself to an alert sensation while the medicine courses through the body elevating the spirit and really enhancing everything. Hands down the most potent stuff of yours I have grown VG to date. The dry cooler environment that this particular plant came from really distinguished itself from the previous run in the hotter room. Yes the flowers were smaller but there was also much more resin coverage and that made the difference at least on plant #4. I imagine your special guest above will enhance your life with effect and flavour.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey thanks @Jahaze that's great to hear ! - sounds like a decent session you and your mates had there...
and you described it so well...- the pinene does moderate the potency that the Gorilla bubble bought to the PTG.
and yes there seems more leaf but also more resin in the colder temps.
i can't wait to fill the PTG jar again!
i might let it get a bit colder and purp it up a bit more.. the other plants are finished and will be photographed and harvested over the next few days anyway.
i must post the pics over in the PTG thread too.. they just about measure up to the pics of your PTG second run which set a very high standard. PTG is possibly the most handsome variety in my locker too!
VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, i harvested the Gorilla Vs. Rhino today. The smell of them is all quite similar, and the WR side has really come forward in the last week or two and the plants smell cheesy and skunky.. Not much gassy or top notes, this is all complex base notes of leather, musk, diesel, skunk, and i associate this kind of smell with potency.. i mentioned that the smell reminded me a little of bubba the other day, and this may be the chocolate Diesel influence i'm not sure. Overall it smells like pretty serious weed !
plant 4 : all are about 9 weeks.
GVR4@9.jpg
GVR4nug@9.jpg
GVR4sidenug9.jpg
GVR4sidenug9.jpg
GVR4macro@9.jpg

and plant 3:
GVR3@9.jpg
GVR3cola@9.jpg
GVR3nug@9.jpg
GVR3sidecola@9.jpg

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Wow, those are some frosty plants! Hope you don't mind if I tag along VG, feels like I've been living in a bit of a hold for a few months.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, i have some pics of the BlueDigiRhino here from the same day earlier this week. These will probably be taken down next week.
Plant 1 the shortest one 9 weeks
BDR1@9.jpg
BDR1nug@9.jpg

BDR1sidenug9.jpg

plant 2 - there were more pics of this i will have to find them
BDR2@9.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts