What's new

Diary The Further Adventures of Mr VerdantGreen

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
these are the tallest 2 Gorilla Vs. Rhino... not anywhere near as tall is the tall BDR's though. these seem to have the large resin heads from the WR
GVR4@4.jpg
GVR4closer.jpg
GVR4nug.jpg

second tallest:
GVR2@4.jpg
GVR2nug@4.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and the two shorter Gorilla Vs Rhino. I wasn't happy with the colour of these , not quite verdant enough lol, but actually they have improved quite a bit and are only slightly 'off' now in my eyes.
GVR1.5@4.jpg
GVR1.5closer.jpg
GVR1.5nug.jpg

and the shortest, the one i broke a branch off:
GVR1@4.jpg
GVR1nug.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So a family crisis has had me running around and we have a cold snap with temps pretty much as cold as ive seen here - the plants have been neglected and i'm happy they look like they havent suffered too much. Grabbed a couple of shots of them in the cab and will do a proper update when i get time...
about 5 weeks and frosting up nicely.MARS Fce3000 light still at 75% and they just about taking it.
Cab. that the tallest BlueDigiRhino right in the middle.
cab4ish.jpg.jpg

BDR4:
BDR4cab.jpg
BDR4maccab.jpg

And here is one of the Gorilla Vs. Rhino. Frosty.
GVRnugcab.jpg

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi @NOREGRETZ , i will answer you in English - as all i would do is put it through google translate anyway (which is what i did with your question )
Deep Chunk i think was bred by Tom for a lot of generations and he developed it, amongst other things, to be grown under tree cover for stealth... Tom says there are some exceptional phenos.
I know nothing about X16, but X18 was bred for its distinctive apple/cider smell and this does come out in crosses such as the Bubba 18 i made.
PTK was bred for its pine scent in the same way.
There is a lot of info at this site about Tom's work (and his friend 'The Chemist' IIRC. The best place to start might be to look at Tom's posts. There are a few people here, Tom included, where i have searched their posts by member name and read every single one.... obviously some are not very interesting lol but i think it can be worth it. Or search thread titles with tom hills name or the name of the line you are interested on. Or start a thread in 'strains and breeding' and people might posts some links to good threads. the info is here it is a case of finding it.
hope that helps
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK another quick snap or two. 5.5 weeks approx -
I haven't got time to do a full update and it is SO COLD i would prefer not to take the plants out of the cab lol
Here is the cab with the front middle plant removed (the PTG that is 2 weeks behind) . as you can see, tall frosty BDR is turning purple ! - and being in the middle i would have thought it would be in the warmest spot... so must be a large genetic component to the purps or it is getting more cold by sticking up out of the canopy i'm not sure lol. As you can see i bent the tallest bud sideways a bit so that the tip is still getting light. I was hesitant to do this because i have seen 'blue' genetics girls produce male flowers when the buds are bent over in mid flower .... i will keep an eye on it. cab looking pretty good though.
cab5.5.jpg

Here is one of the Gorilla Vs. Rhino - these plants not so exciting looking as the BDR but they are getting very frosty, with the large resin glands that the WR has.
GVRbluefrost.jpg

VG

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

The bluedigi Rhino is beautiful. The glandular resin on stem is an impressive trait. That could be great for resin extraction.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @skunkfunk , yes it's very cool, and this resin stem trait has appeared in the BlueDigiBerry F3 as well which had the same BDB F2 male parents (3 or 4 or 5 of them i'll have to check) as pollinated the WR to make this cross. I think 3 of them out of the 4 have it so that may represent a dominant allele - but obviously its early days to draw those conclusions.
In the BDB F3 the trait has cause 'pearl' phenos like this:
BDBS4hvstnugs.jpg

whearas up against the Short WR it has resulted in just tall plants rather than that. Fascinating !
VG

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are the Gorilla Vs. Rhino at just over 6 weeks
It strikes me that the cold weather has probably influenced the expression of all these plants, the BDR too. In some ways they look like plants that i've grown in a greenhouse... but i'm pleased they are doing ok and i'm looking forward to smoking some lol. I have high hopes that the GVs.R will be devastatingly potent.
First one:
GVRa6.2.jpg
GVRanug.jpg

and the second one:
GVRb6.2.jpg
GVRbnug.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
@VerdantGreen would you say the resin production on the gorilla v rhino leans more towards the gorilla side? I know you are just getting to the smell now but wondering if the smell is gassy or chessy.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @Jahaze i took a quick sniff this morning and i would say they are definitely more on the skunky/savory side atm with that parmisan/cheesy smell starting to develop in at least a couple of them.. some gas fuel might creep in though i find those terps can come in late.
The Gorilla Bubble is good at taking on the terp profile of the plant it was crossed to so this may well be happening again here.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i have pics of the BlueDigiRhino today, they are at just over 7 weeks and coming along nicely with the Mars Fce3000 light at about 80% - i will probably stick at that because a couple of the plants are a bit too close to it.
Here is the shortest one : has a skunky smell mainly.
BDR1.jpg
BDR1nugat7.jpg

And the second tallest, nice color and frosty,.
BDR2@7.jpg
BDR2nugat7.jpg
BDR2macro.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And here are the tall ones.
Tall purple first. This has a sharp smell that i don't get from either of the parents. Kind of musky/blackcurrent root smell.
BDR4@7+.jpg
bdr4nug.jpg

and the second tallest has a similar structure but not quite as stretchy or purple. This may be my favorite... it kind of smells like blueberry cheescake !
BDR3at7+.jpg
BDR3nug@7.jpg

VG :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts