What's new

Diary The Further Adventures of Mr VerdantGreen

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks folks, fairly pleased with this round given the baltic temps... i have a few cuttings of the BDR and the GVs.R so will do another run in the warm.. i'm curious if the phenotype will change...
Started having a tentative smoke on the Gorilla vs. Rhino.
The WR has definitely won the battle for who's terps come out on top. They all smell cheesey/skunky, at least one has the sharp fruitiness as well. BUT the GB has added a strong Terps/diesel funk to plant 4 and a Chocolate/leather/diesel smell to plant 3 . Plant 2 is strong smelling with an acrid/skunky/musky smell. I'll leave 1 till next time.
Had a joint of Gvs.R 3. Already it is potent and tastes great the same as UK cheese at the point, even at a week old there is no energy or raciness to the high... can feel my sore arm muscles and tendons twinging as they slacken off lol. Very promising in a couchlock kid of way !

The BlueDigiRhino is all jarred up so i'll give it a few days to settle and start trying that.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reveg ? (one of the BDR, plant 2 i think)
pushing it but we will see.. rootball pruned from 11 litre to 1.5 litre pot
Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 11.17.55.png

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, what i didn;t mention is that the harvested stump was left in the dark in my unheated shed during the cold spell for a few days before being rescued... otherwise i would put money on it surviving... it does look to have a couple of tiny green leaves still though... so i won't give up hope just yet.
VG
off to test smoke more Gorilla Vs. Rhino.....

VG

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Science recap, I'm assuming, but I'll be honest, I'm really not 100% sure on this, but don't the roots need their energy to come from the leaves? How far back did you trim the roots? If they are making high energy demands from that tiny site, aren't they going to die? Just seems out of balance. My big principal is to keep things balanced. Perhaps just an affectation from my accountancy days lol.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @GMT - the plant died ! - but tbh i have reduced roots dramatically like that on a few occasions for reveg with success . (i literally can't fit the big flowering pots into my veg cabs)
Roots store some sugars for the plant so what's left would still have some energy and removing the root tips helps reduce the flowering hormones.. plus any green part of a plant can photosynthesize ... so i would like to blame the death of the plant on the dark freezing in the shed! (but who knows lol) - i'll have to do the same to another plant and reveg it straight away to try and prove my point !

in general the principle of balance between roots and top-growth is a good one though - in general gardening, if i have to dig something up and move it i will always prune the top as well to balance out the loss of roots..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So... 8 new different plants to smoke and evaluate in this thread and 5 more in another thread... this is hard work!
The Gorilla Vs Rhino is very relaxed and mellow high.. not great for the first smokes of the day but that's the only way you can really tell what the stone is like...
early tests on the BlueDigiRhino show it to be a bit more balanced high/stone...
wish me luck !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HI again, i smoked some of the Gorilla Vs Rhino yesterday.. Plant 4.
Terps are complex. Skunky, Diesel, savory/parmisan and pine.
High is very potent. Relaxing with a strong bodystone/pain relief but it doesn't make me tired or sleepy. It will be interesting to see if that quality stays as it cures a bit more.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Nice VG. The effect sounds excellent for medicating as there no sedation. A few of the fam could do with this so are you putting them up at Real Gorilla anytime soon ? Cheers man

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, its subjective i guess but i seemed to be able to keep pottering around even though it's a heavy smoke in most ways. I smoked number 3 today and that had a more chocolate/mocha edge rather than the savory/parmisan and the high seemed quite similar.
I'll send some stock to seedbay in the next week or so, along with the BDR which ive still got to sample apart from a couple of testers. that one is more balanced high and euphoric from first impressions.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i tried the last of the 4 Gorilla Vs Rhino today (no1) and, the smell on this is much more like the WR but the Fruitiness is almost the strongest smell rather than the cheesiness. Very pleasant and a nice taste too. The other 3 are variations on Cheesy/diesel/skunk/choc/mocha.
All 4 have good potency with a heavy muscle relaxing bodystone and very little or no sedation and quite a clear head. I get carpel tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow so it's easy to detect the muscle relaxing and painkilling qualities. I kept a couple of these and i will definitely run them again.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Started on the BlueDigiRhino today with plant 2 which was the shorter super frosty one... smells skunky and spicy like cinnamon or something. euphoric high, fairly balanced between head and body. potent. Long resin glands.
BDR2macrodry.jpg

and in case you are wondering what i'm growing atm... a few different bits but the ones i'm cataloguing are here:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Lovely stuff- Both combinations sound very nice, especially the gorilla x rhino.

My wife has carpal tunnel, had the surgery on both arms at the same time (!) but it didn’t help much.
Trying rgs erdpurpz this round and hoping it’ll help to ease pain for both of us
I grew greenhouse seeds white rhino back when they did regs, but they didn’t really have much of a smell which was unfortunate

All the best :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @mr.brunch , yes i expected the GvsR to be complete knockout weed so this nuance comes as a surprise.
I had the same double surgery for my wrists and it didn't help me much either.. tbh i think most potent weed would have the muscle relaxing qualities but usually there is more of a soporific 'stupor' that comes with it.. or racyness... or something else that you don't necessarily want. This isn't blissful or euphoric but it does have that functionality, a bit like blueberry does, but this effect is obviously heavier in the bodystone dept.
I'll be interested to know how you get on with the Erdpurps.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks @mr.brunch , yes i expected the GvsR to be complete knockout weed so this nuance comes as a surprise.
I had the same double surgery for my wrists and it didn't help me much either.. tbh i think most potent weed would have the muscle relaxing qualities but usually there is more of a soporific 'stupor' that comes with it.. or racyness... or something else that you don't necessarily want. This isn't blissful or euphoric but it does have that functionality, a bit like blueberry does, but this effect is obviously heavier in the bodystone dept.
I'll be interested to know how you get on with the Erdpurps.
Sounds like a good one to have in the stable 👍
I have a test thread for the erdpurpz in the real gorilla section, currently on around 3 weeks flowering- gave them just under 7 weeks veg and they’re coming along- I will let you know how they turn out :tiphat:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Started on the BlueDigiRhino today with plant 2 which was the shorter super frosty one... smells skunky and spicy like cinnamon or something. euphoric high, fairly balanced between head and body. potent. Long resin glands. View attachment 18813048

and in case you are wondering what i'm growing atm... a few different bits but the ones i'm cataloguing are here:

looks lovely :love:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So having had a good smoke on all the BlueDigiRhino's they all have a much more balanced high/stone that is uplifting and funtional but also relaxing with a moderate amount of bodystone, a good all-rounder, i can see why most seedbanks offer a blue/white combo ! The smell is quite far removed from either of the parents and is quite spicy/acetone/musty/church hall/skunky one or two have a hint of sweetness i'm gonna take some to a friend's to smoke over the weekend and what his take is as the smell is quite unusual. Nice smooth smoke. i have a couple of BDR clones which i will run again soon.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've sent some packs of BDR and GvsR into bay/boo today so they will hopefully be up very soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts