What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The First Official IC Mag Yogurt Cup Clone Growoff & Puffout!

joe guy

Id vote clone... Not to mention not everyone that would be willing to join has seed stock to use in a yougi cup... Just sayin im sure if we went with clone or able to do both we would have a way better turn out on comp.im game either way....

joe guy

Well sir, you can count me in... Right here in the front row with another cherry pie just bigger next time.. Altho my wife really digs the mini med plant.. But since she finishes so fast ill veg her alot longer this next round but that bubba sure is curing nicely so i may just have to flip a coin unless we can run multiples again but with a prize id imagine a few rules in place...

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
I'm in, either way. I just sprouted 40 SourD s1's, 20 CDSD's, and 5 ChemD ibl seeds, all above ground. Plus, I have plenty of various clones(4 phenos of OG ghost train haze #8, keeper Moonshine Haze pheno, 2 SSSDH s1 pheno's, Strawberry Cheisel[fucking yum], OG Kush, BB Cheese, SD ibl, 3 different White OG phenos, lol) to run, ready to go.

When are we thinking about starting the next round?

lol. That WhiteOG got me flying.

peace

rbdf

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
durdy gots it, after the puffout for this one ill open a new thread for the next one... feb 15th lookout for next round

unspoken

I think we should make it no restriction. Let people's intuition guide them, and we can observe more diverse results. Pretty sure if you tried to grow a 2' clone in one of these things it would backfire on you anyway. Just throwing that out there for Avi.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im inclined to keep it similar to elfs rules... he said 6 inches total height max, im inclined to up that to 8 inches tall at entry time,
i think i vegged the longest out of all of us, cuz i still have time to gro on mine.... honestly, i think the sky is the limit here, and i hate limiting people but also wanna level the playing field as much as i can, so im all about setting some beginning rules, thats all i can reaally dictate is what you need to start...
here's a rough rules outline, please leme kno what yall think...

yogurt cups are usually no more than 6 oz total, so lets call that max, i did find one local yogurt company w 8ounce containers.... but lets stick to 6, that's also well under the beer cup which is 16 oz im pretty sure

roots gotta stay in the container at all times, if you have to prune roots, do it so u cant see any roots out the bottom.

i think 12 weeks is plenty of time , what yall think? maybe a lil longer?
I'll open the thread calling for entries, wait about 15 days, then start the 12 weeks... should we allow more or less time for call for entries? elf gave us 1 week at the start of this one
12 weeks is just a time limit for harvest, you can flip plants whenever you want once call for entries is finished (& closed)

the only thing i really would like to change is plant count limit.
if u wana grow 100 yogi cups, DO IT!!

BUT

you have to chose the best single plant for us to judge.
inotther words, the winner shouldnt be judged on overall yogi cup harvest but the single best yogi cup plant in the entire challenge betweeen all users.

does that make sense?

please, im open to input....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also, what about weekly updates, if you miss three or 4 weeks ur out?

sum thing to keep us all involved....

whatya thinkn?

beercup challenge made posts be timestamped somehow as well....

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
12 weeks sound good as most plants will be dune buding in 8 weeks it gives 4 weeks to vegged yea i might like to try several veritys just to see what happens and JUST PICK ONE TO BE JUDGED so the 15 of feb? RED its not a 6 oz YORGORT cup

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rbbdf... dunno, im thinkin yogi cups only, but that dont mean u cant make a lil smart pot and plant that inside the yogurt cup or somethin....
u kinda got me there.....
i remember in the beercup challenge sum1 made a lil DWC out of a beer cup... but they were using the beer cup not another container the same size....

G

gloryoskie

71 days, time to take her out:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wet weight posted for those who are interested in such things.

I liked seeing all the variety of entries in this demo, looking forward to the next one. I'll post dried weight next week and cheers to all who participated!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice glory, that'll make a decent spliff, eh?

i like the root pics, always interesting to see how much is below & above.
also nice to see the lil purp shade under the leaves, & plenty of trichs.

what's the smell like?

G

gloryoskie

Thanks, Avi. I guessed 1.5 gram yield at the beginning.
Actual dried weight? We'll see next week, haha.

Very frosty plant, this little one. Will post more pics sooner than later.
Shot a bunch for future reference. I have three more of this variety in
flower as we speak, much taller than the little one.

The root shot I included in my post is after I rinsed the coco off, natch.

The smell is pine, pine, pine, hash, lemon. That is to say heavy pine with
hash and lemon notes. Cured is peppery hash with pine notes. Good stuff.

Smoke is uplifting, relaxing without heavy narcotic effects. Great daytime smoke
for the old man. The room aroma is incense like, not too "dank".

Its what I smoked in high school, literally.

I'm on it now. Cool.

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for that extra info gloryoskie, good lookin out for attention to detail...

Here's my lil ladies:

picture.php

^^ flo x ogk, smelling amazing right about now, fruity kush, w a hint of musky hash.
sorry for the sideways pic....

picture.php

^^ 707 headband, smelling very very citrusy/piney and hints of the kush just starting to come thru....
also, my 707 had truly taken on a "semi-cascade" style to it from hanging in the garden constanly, for those of yall into bonsai this is the "han-kengai" example... hahaha

Latest posts

Latest posts