What's new

The entertainment center

twrex

I believe we all know someone who knows that answer! :)

picture-14.png

Tilt

I have a swimming pool in back I throw the plants in there, let them sink to the bottom and let the neighbor kids fish them out for me.

twrex

I have a swimming pool in back I throw the plants in there, let them sink to the bottom and let the neighbor kids fish them out for me.

Ah cool, you should do a thread on that, seems like an interesting technique. How do you keep the kids from snitching though?

420ish

some current pics I had the plants out to water today

how big is your flower area?been looking at building a new 2 level cab doing it vertical.i'm thinking 4 foot wide by 2 foot deep around 3 feet tall per level.figure i have 2 workhorse 8's and enough bases ,start with one level and see how hot it gets.am thinking 1foot from end 2 bulbs 1 foot 2 bulbs 1 foot 2 bulbs then 1 foot to other end and only doing 8 plants total per level.probably start with two week veg after rooting.then three week and see what fills the space best.think the 6 bulbs will handle that much square footage?

Tilt

You would only have 41.25 watts per square foot. The edges of the cab will be dim. Maybe 2 more lamps for that size of cab. My usable footprint is 18" deep and 27" wide. I have 6 lamps at 330 watts 3.375 square feet. That is 97 watts per square foot

420ish

You would only have 41.25 watts per square foot. The edges of the cab will be dim. Maybe 2 more lamps for that size of cab. My usable footprint is 18" deep and 27" wide. I have 6 lamps at 330 watts 3.375 square feet. That is 97 watts per square foot

the new ones would go on edges and i would rotate them into the middle as the mature

Tilt

:thinking:I came up with a new idea that has worked for me. I needed a heat mat for my clones. I'm poor and cheap so I got an old ceramic tile and put it on my ballasts for my veg lights. The ceramic absorbs and releases the heat quite well. I get better root times too. More bang for the buck.

twrex

:thinking:I came up with a new idea that has worked for me. I needed a heat mat for my clones. I'm poor and cheap so I got an old ceramic tile and put it on my ballasts for my veg lights. The ceramic absorbs and releases the heat quite well. I get better root times too. More bang for the buck.

Ooooh! Good idea!

Tilt

My primary nutes
kelloggs organic tomato vegetable & herb
4-6-3 npk derived from poultry waste feather meal bone meal & kelp meal
mychorizae added it lists type amounts
beneficial mycros added it lists types and amounts

micros are propagules per cc
bacillus suptillus 1430
bacillus cereus 1430
bacillus megatarium 1430
azobacter vinelandi 75
lactobacillus acidophilus 1430
rhizobium japonicum 750
aspergillus oryzae 75
2% humic acid from leonadite

mycorrhizae 233174 propagules per pound

ectomycorrhizae
pisolithus tinctorius 211864
rhizopogon villosuli 5296
rhizopogon luteolus 5296
rhizopogon amylopogon 5296
rhizopogon fuligleba 5296

endomycorrhizae vam

glomus intradices 42
glomus mosseae 42
glomus aggregatum 42

can be used as compost starter
only $7.95 a 4 pound bag 8 cups

twrex

And how do you apply that? Do you amend it in the soil? Top dress? If amended did you let the soil cook for a time before use?

Tilt

And how do you apply that? Do you amend it in the soil? Top dress? If amended did you let the soil cook for a time before use?

I started on my soil before I started building the cab. 2 cups I mixed it in with a small bag of horticultural charcoal and hydrotone. Wetted it down with Water molasses mix to get everything going Then I got a 1 cubic foot bag of Black Gold Cocoblend soil amended it with pumice and 1/2 a cup of dolomite lime. A week later I mixed it all together and let it sit until I was ready with a cab. In the meantime started seeds in a rubbermaid tub. I made with pll lamps. I tried out my mix and it didn't burn the plants which is the best I hoped for just starting out.

Tilt

Dude your setup is motherfucking tizz-ight! Great work! Love the floro efficiency!!!

Thanks funk Your cab is pretty damn cool too. To anyone looking at this thread should definitely check out your cab to esp. if they want to do HID lighting.

Garuda

Veteran
Very nice construction, I accidentally thought Anti was the brain behind the PL-L Cooltube-Idea but now I found you :D If I weren't happy with my cab I'd definitely copy at least parts of yours ;)

Keep up the good work!

Greetings,
Garuda.

Latest posts

Latest posts