What's new

The entertainment center

twrex

Actually my idea was almost exactly what you just described, I've got it sketched up in sketchup already, it is anti's design modified to the vertical twin tube cfl setup you have. I also changed the dimensions a bit so it doesn't look as wonky as his (made it taller, wider and less deep).

twrex

The two red boxes affixed to the wall are pc fans, the red box on the 'floor' is the psu for the fans, the rest of the stuff is foam for sound baffling. I'm not sure how much sound dampening it will take to make this thing silent, but I know how much I'm prepared to use. Again, my idea was to use those fans to circulate the air for the entire unit, including the cooling for the lights, not sure if that's going to be enough after seeing your setup with the fans on top of the lights.

Another idea I had was using flexible tubing at the top of my lights (the wider portion in the sketchup image) so that I can reposition the lights to put them where they're most useful and move them out of the way for easy access to the plants. Still haven't found a suitable material for it yet, but I'm sure there must be something.

twrex

It looks like it only comes in sizes up to 2" but I don't know if that's ID or OD, and I'm not sure the dimensions of those heat tubes you're using offhand. Do you think they would fit in or around that carflex stuff (since you have samples to measure)?

Tilt

I need advice on dialing in Im seeing purple stems on week 2 of flower consistently. I believe I need to add more K. I am also seeing leaf tips dying half way through flower. I am not adding any nutrients as of yet so I have ruled out nute burn. Will a seaweed extract solve my purple stems?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
The plls are cool tubed.
I have a t12 tube guard with a 1 1/4" reducing bushing inside a 1 1/2" male pvc connector. The connector is installed in a 4 11/16" deep box with a 4" pc fan installed on top. The assembly is ran through a hole in the shelf into the flowering chamber.

That's beautiful innovation, homie. Love this. Especially since I have some PLLs that I'm adding to my cab and was pondering ways of cooling them easily. Any recommendations based on what you've already done? anything you'd do differently now that you've done it?

420ish

what kind of weight do you pull?i have a spare fulham 8 and 4 sockets laying around.looks like a nice set up you have!

twrex

My grow is high density sea of green perpetual. You can see in the pics, the plants surround the bulbs. I have done a lst plant in there with mixed results. My set up is experimental. I am trying to dial it in. I just wanted to give you some inspiration. Im pretty new at growing. I dont want to give you any bad advice. I do get 1/2 to 3/4 ounce per week out of my set up.

:tiphat:

Tilt

That's beautiful innovation, homie. Love this. Especially since I have some PLLs that I'm adding to my cab and was pondering ways of cooling them easily. Any recommendations based on what you've already done? anything you'd do differently now that you've done it?

yes I am planning my next cabinet now. I want to get the mt38 mini tree pots. Set up a flood tray( I would siphon out the water) in the bottom about 12" deep so I dont have to move the plants in and out so much. (it kind of beats them up some) move the lights up some to account for extra height of the tree pots. Move my nursery moms and clones to the top ( eliminate the veg light adding heat to the flower chamber and take advantage of the humidity and warm temps coming from the flower chamber). I want to use duct seal on the boxes or change to outdoor plastic boxes and get higher cfm pc fans. Blow into a carbon filter rather than suck to take advantage of the sound dampening. (it currently sounds like a desk fan)

One more upgrade to consider is to add a low wattage hps at the top and have a hybrid system of sorts

Tilt

what kind of weight do you pull?i have a spare fulham 8 and 4 sockets laying around.looks like a nice set up you have!

I have a perpetual harvest last harvest was six plants produced about 3.5 grams each (I need better genes and nutes) but is much more than I need already. I absolutely will not sell my extra usually give it to friends in need.

twrex

420ish

I have a perpetual harvest last harvest was six plants produced about 3.5 grams each (I need better genes and nutes) but is much more than I need already. I apsolutely will not sell my extra usually give it to friends in need.

how many weeks?8 ?sixplants a week?