What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The endless thread, part 2

unnamedmike

Looking Good

unnamedmike (y)

:tiphat:

Glad I found your thread. Now I'm going to start looking for fasciation on my Destroyer crosses. Some of my best plants I have smoked, fasciate, good sign.
I love the early, allover, resin coating on your crosses.
Welcome Randy, glad to read you around :wave: Also som fasciated plants have turned out great smoke to me. In the destroyer crosses, Ive used mixed pollen of destroyer#2, and destroyer#3. #3 is fasciated, so all crosses have the possibility of being fasciated. CCC90 is also fasciated, so I anticipate more fasciated plants in this cross, destroyer chi.

My future tropical corner: The big plants are madmac ohaze. From cuttings, 26 days at 11/13. Also some of the smaller plants are ohaze. Step to step Im germinating ohaze seeds, and taking cuttings when size allows. As soon as the cuts take root they go to flowering in one gallon pots, discarding the original plant from seed. The plants that sex male are also discarded, at the moment Im only looking for females. So far I have done this with ohaze#2, ohaze#5 and ohaze#6, I have another 14 ohaze still rooting, unsexed.
In pic there are also 3 cuttings of destroyer#2 and 8 cuttings of highland guerrero, not sexed yet (one of the plants already showed sex, it is female)
6AA34DD9-FCE3-4932-83EF-AABB301EEADB.jpeg

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Thanks to my pot head, Ive been watering at 1240ppm, instead of 1000 (scale 500, 2.48ms/cm2 instead of 2) The conductivity meter that I bought for the automation, is limited to 1000ppm ... and until today, 6 weeks Later, I hadn't realized... :ROFLMAO: The new meter has a range from 0 to 10,000ppm, enough. The current meter limited to 1000ppm will go installed to the future automation of the haze closet, or to the grow room
It's kind of amazing how well the plants are eating this round, half the plants are cbd plants, pure sativas or mostly sativa hybrids, and all they feel comfortable being fed this hard water. (The cbd plants want more, the doors are a bit over feeded) ... In previous cycles, never needed more food than 800ppm.

unnamedmike

One of the 8 Estado de Guerrero shows flowers of both sexes from pre-flowering, so has been discarded, and he also the backup. I have 7 left, 4 are 100% females till moment, the other 3 have not yet sexed, I will have to be attentive to more hermis.
IMG_3350-1 copy.jpg

IMG_3353-1 copy.jpg

Space monkey
IMG_3346-1 copy.jpg

Big sur holy weed
IMG_3345-1 copy.jpg

CCC90
IMG_3355-1 copy.jpg

IMG_3360-1 copy.jpg

CBD 30:1
IMG_3363-1 copy.jpg

The doors
IMG_3357-1 copy.jpg

IMG_3362-1 copy.jpg

unnamedmike

Again, Im having problems with pests, mites and root aphids. This time it was my fault, by mistake I introduced a little unsterilized coco... :eek:
This time I'm going to tackle the problem differently, and I'm going to go back to "natural", this time with new weapons. Ive made 5l of Jadam Sulfur, it is diluted at 2ml per liter of water, so I have 2500l after diluting to apply. It is also a disinfectant and fungicide, so I will also use it to disinfect floors and walls.
I've been reading about plants in the area where I live for a while, and I have a list of plants that I want to try as "Jadam herbal pesticide"

For this new round I have growing 30 bshw, 4 space monkey f2, 5 critical mass, one ssh4 and two cbd 30:1. I'm going to grow "fast" varieties until I get to surf the mite problem...
They are still a bit ugly, but improving with the new IPM, Plants were heavily defoliated last week for better IPM, almost all the green is new.

IMG_20220919_211418.jpg

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I try not to say i hate things but I truly fucking hate spider mites. The key to controlling them is early detection. Once you see a single leaf with their mark coat every plant part every 3 days until mid flower. 60ml of isopropyl alcohol per gal with a couple drops of dish soap works. Probably many plant oils would work. I am collecting ingredients to reproduce Plant Therapy now.

The root aphids are a real pain in the aaa though and can require more drastic action.
278DE221-F0BF-4FA0-9FBE-5C3D3E580DEF.jpeg

Last edited:

unnamedmike

I try not to say i hate things but I truly fucking hate spider mites. The key to controlling them is early detection. Once you see a single leaf with their mark coat every plant part every 3 days until mid flower. 60ml of isopropyl alcohol per gal with a couple drops of dish soap works. Probably many plant oils would work. I am collecting ingredients to reproduce Plant Therapy now.
Thanks for the recipe ! I had thought to use isopropyl, but I didn't know the dose. Here the red spider is not much of a problem, in Madrid it was an odyssey...
Here, Ive been fighting with "micro" mites for some time, the problem is the toxins they inject, even if you finish with the plague, the lack of vigor persists. I definitely need a decent microscope.
What plants are you collecting ?

The root aphids are a real pain in the aaa though and can require more drastic action.
Tell me... lol I solved it with abamectin and basf cascade 100cd, but it's something I never want to use again, I hope one of the herbs will work.

MallardDuck

Thanks for the recipe ! I had thought to use isopropyl, but I didn't know the dose. Here the red spider is not much of a problem, in Madrid it was an odyssey...
Here, Ive been fighting with "micro" mites for some time, the problem is the toxins they inject, even if you finish with the plague, the lack of vigor persists. I definitely need a decent microscope.
What plants are you collecting ?

Tell me... lol I solved it with abamectin and basf cascade 100cd, but it's something I never want to use again, I hope one of the herbs will work.
My solution to root aphids was a soil drench of emulsified neem oil. Worked like a charm.

unnamedmike

I have just picked up soybean oil. A lot of the miticides use rosemary. Geranium oil is another i have seen used.
this week I want to make Jadam Wetting Agent, it's made with canola oil. Some time ago I used essential oils without much success, but I think I'm going to give them another chance.

My solution to root aphids was a soil drench of emulsified neem oil. Worked like a charm.
Thanks for the feedback! the strain that usually comes with the cococoir that i buy here, is resistant to pure neem oil and imidacloprid, so i had to bombard it with abamentin and cascade 100.

unnamedmike

All the plants have new healthy tissue growing,the new 7 pH calibration buffer solution is supposed to arrive today, so today will be the first day at 12/12, Ive already modified the timer.
I'm going to spray the plants every 3 days, with JS, until they start to bloom, then I don't know if I'll release predators, or entomopathogens. Im spraying floor and walls with JS daily. I have days of deep cleaning at home, and those that still remain. Most of the plants still unsexed.

30°C+- a bit less at night, 70%RH+-, 12 waterings per day, 11 secs every one, pH who knows ... ec 2.4
IMG_20220923_131626.jpg

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Spotted 4 bshw males more, already discarded. Only a few plants still unsexed. The plants has been defoliated again, softly this time, only for a better light penetration under the canopy. A super silver haze 8 cutting has joined the party.
All this cleaning out, sprays, etc work like a charm, all the plants look healthy.