What's new

The Emerald Triangle Could Be In Grave Danger....

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
If you're basing your idea on the fact that spent fuel isn't contained, consider the fact that damage to the reactors made them lose their coolant thus imposing seawater, causing subsequent explosions and leaking more radioactivity. Don't forget we're learning as we go on this one and meltdown ain't one of those crazy 1 in 10,000 scenarios. It hasn't yet been determined we won't have meltdown and Soviet style, last ditch containment procedures.

What we've got is Lindbergh in a plane over Paris with no landing gear. And your telling everybody everything's going to be fine outside the immediacy of the potential. Only problem is you're immediacy and potential are relative to the source of your info. If your info isn't stating the nature of the compromised reactors, you're giving only part of an account.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.naturalnews.com/031758_Fukushima_nuclear_reactor.html

Total information blackout on Fukushima Unit 4 reactor raises serious questions about truth of situation

Ethan A. Huff
Natural News
March 20, 2011

The status of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant’s Unit 4 reactor is one of the most critical aspects in determining the severity of the impending nuclear meltdown. After all, the most recent temperature readings available showed that the rods there were three times hotter than they should be, which was far worse than the other reactors at the time. And yet for several days, basic information like whether or not there is actually water left in Unit 4′s cooling pool, or what the current temperature is of the spent fuel rods there, is no longer being supplied and reported, at least not accurately.

On Thursday, NaturalNews reported that the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) had announced the cooling pools in Unit 4 had run dry, and that the temperatures were spiking out of control (http://www.naturalnews.com/031734_n…). As NRC made this announcement, though, Japanese officials and spokesmen from Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), owner of the Fukushima plant, insisted that the pools were not dry and that the situation was stable.

Besides this conflicting and confusing information, there is the other disturbing fact that on-the-ground temperature readings of Unit 4 immediately stopped being taken the day of the NRC announcement. And since that day, there has been no official update on the temperature of the rods at Unit 4, or an actual verified account of the water status in the cooling pools.

Oddly enough, there are now early reports beginning to emerge from TEPCO claiming that operators may be able to reconnect power to Unit 4 and several other units by Saturday (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011…). The temperature readings have mysteriously ceased, and nobody can verify whether or not there is actually water left in the cooling pools, but somehow workers are going to reconnect power to the damaged reactor? Something seems very out of place here.

That so much of the available information on the situation is conflicting is questionable in and of itself. And the continual downplaying of the threat, despite the fact that the disaster as we currently know it to be is already the second largest nuclear catastrophe in history, is also highly suspect. There have been numerous fires, explosions, and other unknowns taking place and crews have largely had to evacuate the site to avoid radiation poisoning, but officials insist everything is just fine.

Clearly everything is not fine, especially for the Japanese people. If you have been paying attention to the many other reports here on NaturalNews about the situation, you will quickly recognize the many serious factors at play and their numerous inconsistencies. There is an extremely dangerous plutonium-based fuel in one of the damaged reactors that may have already been, or eventually could be, released into the environment (http://www.naturalnews.com/031736_p…), an allegedly empty cooling pool exposing thousands of highly volatile fueling rods to the open air (http://www.naturalnews.com/031734_n…), and a US president telling everyone to chill out and do nothing other than watch television for further information (http://www.naturalnews.com/031735_O…).

The people of Japan, and especially those located within close proximity to the Fukushima nuclear plant, are obviously the most threatened by the radiation situation. Many reports indicate, however, that the Japanese government is still downplaying the situation to the Japanese people even more than the US government is downplaying it to Americans.

A recent report explains that the Japanese government deceived and withheld pertinent information from the mayor of a city 12 miles downwind of the nuclear plant — the mayor literally had to take matters into his own hands and bravely urge an evacuation of his city just last night for the people’s own protection — and he did this in direct opposition to the official government position (http://www.naturalnews.com/031747_n…).

And you can be sure that if the situation gets worse for the US, the US government will likely take a similar position and continue to insist that there is nothing to be concerned about. This is why individuals must think for themselves — rather than let the government think for them — and be prepared for whatever may come. Remember, preparedness has nothing to do with fear-mongering, and everything to do with simply being smart and staying informed about a situation. Taking practical steps to protect you and your family from potential threats is the only natural response to a situation of this magnitude.

Reports indicate the jetstream has now reached North Atlantic...what happens when corexit has a party with plutonium??? Who cares its footy season YAY!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Radiation detectors aren't going to go off unless a fallout particle floats right past it.
That same particle will cause many kinds of cancer in the cells in your body that it sits next to after you inhale it. Yeah... it'll take a decade but it won't tickle or be pleasant.

The largest amounts of fallout have yet to hit. The tiny amounts in California were from the initial explosions.

As for entombment? Bwahahahahahahaha! Ever hear of a pressure cooker? Nothing like upping the possibility of a fuel rod pile induced nuclear explosion. Covering it will NOT put it out.

There's enough radiation in the area that the cores in the reactors 5 and 6 that were SHUT DOWN AND COLD, had to have their water cooling turned back on because the radiation coming THROUGH the shielding of the reactors was heating up the cores inside.

Given the track record of the nuclear industry and declaration of real danger to the public.... you're a F*ng idiot if you believe what any govt is spewing about this right now. I mean really.

Get with it folks... break your programming today and wake up to the sci-fi fantasy we're living in.

E

el dub

Yeah, I can tell you are an expert on the subject at hand hydro-soil.

Btw, it sounds like you are still programmed to a science fiction fantasy as well.

lw

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Anyone catch the news coming out of Japan today?

Still doubting?

MASSIVE cover up. Gee... exactly the same MO for all the other nuke accidents in history.

People 200 miles away were complaining of experiencing vomiting, headaches, nausea, skin burns, etc... Three days after the accident.

The pits are boiling and can't be capped/entombed. (Remember pressure cooker and possible nuke explosion factor?)

I tell people that "Cold" reactors.... behind all the shielding in a reactor were heating up from the local radiation and they had to turn the cooling systems back on to get them back to being "Cold" again and they look at me like I'm from mars or something. Man the education system in this country is effective. I'm surrounded by people educated into stupidity.

Our military has backed off 400 miles and our govt is talking about forced evacuations of american civilians in Japan.... not just in the Fukushima area.

Japan is dead. This will be spreading deadly radioactive fallout for decades.... The entire northern hemisphere is pretty much screwed and the planet will end up with a significantly higher background radiation than it does now.

Yep... these days you ARE better off listening to some over-sensational guy in texas... who is RIGHT (prove him wrong... if you can) than some treasonous president (A proven liar on record) who doesn't seem to care about any of us at all.

Protect yourself and your loved ones and ingest a LOT of heat activated hash oil and cannabis.

Stay Safe!

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
jesus man, give it up. I'm sure there are other conspiracy forums where your whole "the world is ending" theory would go over much better.

silversurfer- stop citing a random website that nobody has ever heard of. Gimme 30 mins and I could create something similar.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The problem for the entire world is this is much worse than Chernobyl.

"shut the fuck up Donny" doesnt work against the cold, hard truth....

E

el dub

Glad to see we have a nuclear expert on board, silver surfer.

Now, shut the fuck up, Donny.

lw

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I have to say, the calmer posters here reflect the calm nature we need in any kind or disaster or absence of. Level heads usually make level decisions.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have direct access to a nuclear expert.

I grew up 10 miles away from a nuclear power plant.

I dont think its too much of a stretch to store yourself some food and water. There are many situations in which this would come in very handy indeed.

Take care of yourselves!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This sucks, stockpiling Sweet Tooth as fast as possible. Radiation sucks man! Only radiation I am used to having to deal with is PAR!

God be with Japan right now. We are living in the last days I'm afraid my brothers & sisters just look at the world it's insane! Time to smoke some Cannabis :smoke out:

If we could only be so lucky that this cesspool of a civilization is at it's end. But I know tomorrow I'll go back to working my ass off so I can make someone else rich.

ion

yah, maybe not much longer...concerning that job and whatnots...

i spend some time reading various sites that ive spent lotsa time vetting for good info, then i like to come here and read various things not concerning the mighty plant. the funny things on other forums i read are the same funny things i read here; lotsa people are quite certain of their convictions regarding criteria that is unverifiable or a hunch. i do it alot too. however, the nuke issue in japan is far from over, and is likely to get much worse. you dont need a -PhD/nuke expert/tweets/5000 posts on icmag- to see that TEPCO/Ja.gov has been covering up the severity of this from 0hour....and that they continually are having new problems pop up. there is radioactive particles flying all over the rock from this right now. radiation levels in JA are ratcheting up daily.

its bad and has potential to get much worse. but at least our NPPs are safe and wont have to deal with tsunamis....which means we're okay, right?

alpo

Will Radiation From Japan Affect The 2011 Marijuana Crop?

article

The420TimesStaff | Mar 21, 2011 | Comments 4
share this story
Share96
Smoke Signal e-Newsletter
Submit this story

Special to The 420 Times by David Fiedler

If significant radiation hits California from Japan, how will this affect our $10 Billion marijuana crop? Will it be safe to smoke, or even make edibles from? Will the 2011 crop have to be tested with geiger counters? Will growers be forced to certify they were indoor-only? Or will we all be dead anyway and not have to worry about it?

Assuming there isn’t a world-threatening mega-meltdown from the Fukushima nuclear reactors – which could make the simple act of surviving more important than your next dose of medicine – what kind of problems might be caused for the medical marijuana industry here in California by drifting radiation from Japan?

420times 000005295235XSmall 150x1502 Will Radiation From Japan Affect The 2011 Marijuana Crop?According to sources such as K14U.com, it all depends. And that is to say, it depends on many factors, such as the amount of radioactivity, the altitude that radioactive particles reach in the air, and the direction of the wind. Luckily, it isn’t fallout from a nuclear explosion we’re dealing with, because that would send radioactive particles high into the atmosphere, where they can enter the jet stream, traveling literally around the world at high speed in days.

The more localized phenomenon of a coolant failure, even if it results in a meltdown, is unlikely to release radioactivity in such a way that particles would do more than drift eastward slowly, if at all. That gives them plenty of time to get rained out of the atmosphere before they come near land (although you might want to get your genuine Maui Wowee now, since Hawaii is quite a bit closer to Japan than California and therefore more likely to be affected). So to repeat more clearly: there should be no direct danger to people living anywhere in the United States.

The real danger is to food, water, and cannabis alike, and it comes from microscopic particles of Iodine-131, a radioactive isotope which can accumulate in your thyroid gland, eventually causing thyroid cancer. Only a small fraction of people exposed develop cancer, and only a relatively small fraction of those people die, but it’s certainly nothing you want to fool with.

Luckily, dealing with this level of contamination is relatively easy…you just wash up. One Japanese doctor thinks the best analogy is for you to think of yourself as a hay fever sufferer and the contamination as pollen. Just brush it off your clothes and body, and try to keep it out of your home or car. Now to get to our favorite subject, marijuana; especially outdoor-grown marijuana. Basically, go with the instructions that farmers get from the government and understand that the radioactive half-life of Iodine-131 is about 8 days, so in a little more than two weeks, the effective contamination is just a fraction of what it was at the beginning.

So unless somehow you happen to be growing and ready to harvest outdoor crops in the next two weeks and an amount of radiation escapes that’s huge enough to affect us here in California, you don’t really have to worry. But if you want to be extra careful, you should wash off the leaves and buds of any plant that grew in contaminated conditions, and you’d still probably want to do a water cure for the safest result.

While we’re at it, please spare a moment to think of all the people in Japan who actually are close enough to the Fukushima site to seriously have to deal with this right now…not to mention the many thousands who have already died and even more who live in cities and towns that have been wiped away by the earthquake and tsunami.

David Fiedler has been writing professionally about various technical subjects for 30 years, and distinctly remembers being taught how to hide under his school desk in case of nuclear war.

http://the420times.com/2011/03/will-radiation-from-japan-affect-the-2011-marijuana-crop/

David762

TEPCO & Japanese gov. hope to reuse the reactors.

TEPCO & Japanese gov. hope to reuse the reactors.

Because the satanic overlords want to make damn sure enough plutonium is in the air to create the mega-kill they so desire. Just go and have a look at the Georgia guidestones...

The more sea water they throw on there the more radioactive steam they can generate???

Yes they are that insane i believe...

That is why they haven't sealed up the reactors like the Soviet Russians did with Chernobyl.

Every few years, the majority of the USA is heavily "dusted" with sand, dirt, and pollen from the Chinese mainland -- a combination of droughts and seasonal winds. If the USA government tries to tell us that the radioactive plume from these failed Japanese reactors will not affect the USA, know that they are lying.

"People, don't panic. No deadly train wreck to see here. Keep moving along, folks, and mind your own business." Just suck it up, folks. It's just "sunshine units". Be happy (, and die quickly).

LayedBack

Could just be bad karma for voting no against decriminalization. Bunch of greedy pricks over there. Making their 300k a year is more important then setting a good example for the rest of the country so us poor health ridden people can get the medicine we deserve, without worrying about being caged like an animal over a plant.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I for one voted for Prop 19, I wanted it to pass with all my heart and soul despite it's shortcomings because of the impact and positive domino effect it would have had for others regarding legalization of our good kind herb. So many of us don't "deserve" this, nobody does that is a unhealthy way to look at life man so maybe you need to examine your soul bro before bad karma finds you. :canabis:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Unfortunately this is not a one time event. This fallout will be continued to be dispersed for <b>decades</b>.

We're talking hepa filtered air forced through water filtration before it goes into your grow. I'm going back to total sealed room.

I've said it before in the last few weeks and I'll say it again.
Japan is dead.
Those who don't understand the magnitude of what's going on and choose to stay will die. There is no other way this can play out for them.

Don't believe it? Give it 6 months to a year and then re-read what I wrote. Tokyo will be the first major city to become a near ghost town. :wave:

:blowbubbles:

Frozenguy

Veteran
Just so we are ALL clear..
Take a quick look, its quite interesting.

radiation.png

Latest posts

Latest posts