What's new

The Elbow Room; Round Infinity (Rare Dankness; Sin City; CBD strains; CMH lights)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was that a quartz crystal i spotted chillen in the plants?

Nice

yup! many many crystals in and on my soil...
I'm big into rockhounding/mining for crystals and minerals... have lots of sub-par material that ends up all over the place, especially in the garden.

:ying:
good for the vibes
:peacock:

yup! many many crystals in and on my soil...
I'm big into rockhounding/mining for crystals and minerals... have lots of sub-par material that ends up all over the place, especially in the garden.

:ying:
good for the vibes
:peacock:

Thats awesome, i think we would get along pretty well. Im a sucker for a cool looking rocks from hiking around and i love collecting them. I have found some small smokies out near Devils Head, nothing crazy though. Quartz is my favorite mineral, mostly because i can actually afford a decent specimen :woohoo:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I've found many crystals in that soil I got from you before you moved... I was wondering what the hell that was all about... they'd take a millennium to decompose LOL... worse than greensand.

I've found many crystals in that soil I got from you before you moved... I was wondering what the hell that was all about... they'd take a millennium to decompose LOL... worse than greensand.

HAHAHA

Damn seaf0ur you got hooked up!! wheres my crystal at Miles? :biggrin:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats awesome, i think we would get along pretty well. Im a sucker for a cool looking rocks from hiking around and i love collecting them. I have found some small smokies out near Devils Head, nothing crazy though. Quartz is my favorite mineral, mostly because i can actually afford a decent specimen :woohoo:

yhea, devils head is nice area, def alot of material out there, smokey quartz, fluorite, topaz... go a lil farther west and you start into the amazonite & smoky quartz. Here is a cool milky quartz over high quality smokey quartz specimen from just west of devils head, found last year:

k4fdwm.jpg

also, red feather lakes area (northwest of FoCo) has some incredible quartz crystalizations and unusual inclusions like this hematite included cluster i dug up in 2011:

105pipy.jpg

yhea, devils head is nice area, def alot of material out there, smokey quartz, fluorite, topaz... go a lil farther west and you start into the amazonite & smoky quartz. Here is a cool milky quartz over high quality smokey quartz specimen from just west of devils head, found last year:

View Image

also, red feather lakes area (northwest of FoCo) has some incredible quartz crystalizations and unusual inclusions like this hematite included cluster i dug up in 2011:

View Image

DAAAAYUM. That is sick man. Ill have to get you take me out sometime this summer! My girlfriend would love it also. I know those areas can be coveted but i already know you are about sharing!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice hunk, c4

pulled about a dozen males out tonite....
been juicing my males, mixed with apples juiced... damn tasty
waste not, want not

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

^^ sea of glue, my one bigass glue mama flowering out

picture.php

^^ overlord, this plant looks farthest along of all in the room, jumping right into flowering quickly, i wonder if she will be one of the first to finish....

picture.php

^^ Sin City Seeds "boss' sister" buddah's sister x el jefe. had to include this pic... true to the title of the thread, i'm growing out sin city gear! this is the indica leaning pheno of this batch.

picture.php

^^ sativa leaning or kush-y pheno of boss' sister by sin city seeds

picture.php

^room shot

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also... the ssh f4's are showing some very strange growth... doesn't look quite right:
picture.php

on first sight they looked to be damaged by hemp russet mites or broad mites
yes
freakout time

BUT
i scoped some leaves pretty hard last nite and was unable to find anything resembling a hemp russet mite OR a bm (altho i may not have proper magnification to SEE broad mites); however i also didn't see anything moving.... so
i think im safe on the hrms & bms

also
only the ssh f4's are showing this growth...
i'm thinking the soil mix they are in is not quite what they want...
everything in the room is a tad on the light green side ofthings, need a lil more bloodmeal in my soil perhaps, some more alfalfa meal for teas in early flowering.

any idea what's going onwith these ssh f4's ? they may be the most sativa looking leaf structure in the entire room.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thansk c4, will do... i've been a tad hesitant to use these EWC's i have... dug some from a pals worm farm the other day, but he isn't the best at keeping "clean" finished castings separate from "dirty" fresh food for the worms, so there are some stray coffee grounds in my ewc and i have been worried that this could be too acidic for the ladies?
i have some humasoil i can use for a tea also

that jamaican parsley pheno, this is a "normal" leaf on the plant:
nn4e2d.jpg

looks like some dinosaur ganja

Last edited:

Siskiyou

Veteran
FWIW, I have read more than once that once the coffee has been brewed, the grounds aren't overly acidic. Some people have even used uncomposted coffee grounds as a mulch/topdressing, although I haven't done that. I do have a ton of coffee grounds in my worm bin, more than any other single ingredient, and that winds up in my soil. I hope that helps. I too am a big believer in an ACT using fresh EWC.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FWIW, I have read more than once that once the coffee has been brewed, the grounds aren't overly acidic. Some people have even used uncomposted coffee grounds as a mulch/topdressing, although I haven't done that. I do have a ton of coffee grounds in my worm bin, more than any other single ingredient, and that winds up in my soil. I hope that helps. I too am a big believer in an ACT using fresh EWC.

thanks siskiyou! I'll def brew up a slurry and feed it to them... without worrying too much about the Ph
:thank you:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
EWC is heavy in calcium carbonate... a liming agent that would neutralize any acidic conditions caused by coffee grounds.

Miraculous Meds

also... the ssh f4's are showing some very strange growth... doesn't look quite right:
View Image
on first sight they looked to be damaged by hemp russet mites or broad mites
yes
freakout time

BUT
i scoped some leaves pretty hard last nite and was unable to find anything resembling a hemp russet mite OR a bm (altho i may not have proper magnification to SEE broad mites); however i also didn't see anything moving.... so
i think im safe on the hrms & bms

also
only the ssh f4's are showing this growth...
i'm thinking the soil mix they are in is not quite what they want...
everything in the room is a tad on the light green side ofthings, need a lil more bloodmeal in my soil perhaps, some more alfalfa meal for teas in early flowering.

any idea what's going onwith these ssh f4's ? they may be the most sativa looking leaf structure in the entire room.

Check ur ph, rh being too low, and root zone temps being too low. that's what I think about when I see that leaf disorder.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Great read as expected. You truly are a strain whore! I could hardly keep up.

I almost cried when you took a pic of your chopped garden. So sad. Anyways, I'm locked and loaded now.

I really dig your organic style, just add water or teas is the only way to go for me. Cheers!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really dig your organic style, just add water or teas is the only way to go for me. Cheers!

:yeahthats
I'm really looking into/getting into fermented plant extracts and "pro-biotic farming" as it is being called...
basically making your own organic nutrients (NOT really Aerated teas/compost teas & slurrys, altho those are super useful of course)

First up I'm making a bloom nutrient using instructions:
http://theunconventionalfarmer.com/recipes/bloom-fertilizer/

picture.php

^and yes if you look closely there is a crystal in the mix, for good vibes :ying:

also I am making my own LactoBacillus to accelerate my compst pile and use directly on plants & use to make other fermented plant extracts.
next up is calphos from eggshells.

I'm kinda surprised there isn't more chatter about these techniques on ICmag... then again, maybe there is and i'm just not seeing it... stuck in my bubble.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
:yeahthats
I'm really looking into/getting into fermented plant extracts and "pro-biotic farming" as it is being called...
basically making your own organic nutrients (NOT really Aerated teas/compost teas & slurrys, altho those are super useful of course)

First up I'm making a bloom nutrient using instructions:
http://theunconventionalfarmer.com/recipes/bloom-fertilizer/

View Image
^and yes if you look closely there is a crystal in the mix, for good vibes :ying:

also I am making my own LactoBacillus to accelerate my compst pile and use directly on plants & use to make other fermented plant extracts.
next up is calphos from eggshells.

I'm kinda surprised there isn't more chatter about these techniques on ICmag... then again, maybe there is and i'm just not seeing it... stuck in my bubble.

Right on man, let us now how it turns out. I'm sure there is some chatter about this in the Organics Forum. I have been busy IRL and been keeping pretty quiet around here. Used to stick my head in there often enough and there are plenty of knowledgeable people in there.

:yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Here's another thought I had kicking around too. This might not be the place for it and don't want to thread jack but I was thinking of another novelty comp you could do here on ICmag. With your solo cup and yogurt cup challenge clout what are your thoughts on having a comp for somebody who could take the smallest clone possible and get it to successfully root? Mind you I wouldn't set foot near the comp but I'm sure there are some savvy individuals on here. It would be neat and wouldn't take as long as the yogurt cup challenge.

What's ya :2cents: ?

Last edited: