What's new

The Elbow Room; Round Infinity (Rare Dankness; Sin City; CBD strains; CMH lights)

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey avi those cucumeris and californicus protect against broads, cyclamen, rust mites, 2 spotted mites and mites in general. The cucumeris will also eat thrips so they are good to keep around and both can survive off pollen as well. The good thing about californicus is they will wait for more predators to arrive instead of wondering off.

I just got sour dub, lime-warp and skywalker og that had two spotted mites on them so to be safe I figure might as well release a army plus I was tired of spraying poisens. Now anything new I get in I have a army protecting them.

Tlief JR. Yes they send them in the winter evergreen growers supply sends them over night! My first order was 50k cucumeris and 5k of californicus with shipping was only 83 bucks. They have the cheapest overnight shipping I have found yet.

Seafour put me on to evergreen growers supply so I have to thank him for that. There overnight charges are the cheapest I have seen at only like 25 bucks.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Yeah they ship all year round... next day delivery is pretty much mandatory across the board... bean leaves are preferable to corn grit as a carrier if available because you get all life stages including eggs and they are easier to deal with... canopy dwelling predators especially will require pollen in the absence of prey... mites are raised with their intended prey, so 2 spot spider mites will come as a foodstock as well most likely... I think as a preventative, soil dwelling predators are a better option as many of them can survive on decaying plant matter and algae in the soil... I strongly recommend scimitus womersley mites which are multi-predators and raised and shipped with a harmless cheese mite and dalotia coriaria beetles to ward off anything with a life stage in the soil or the need to walk across it. Soil predators will require mulch, and I personally have a rock in each pot I place defoliation leaves under for them...

conley-mike-22.jpg

Mikenite69

Veteran
Tlief they tell you when you release them u want to mainly focus on hot spots and corners of your room. Mine all came in corn grit which was kinda a pain in the ass just because it gets everywhere. I released mine in the first two weeks of flower so it was easy enough to just shake the plants really hard to get the corn grit out of the pistils.

Another option to release them is to pour the corn grit around the stalks of the plants and eventually the predators will make there way up the plants and go to work. With that option I would make sure that the plants are watered and are not gonna need watering for a day or two so this way the mites can get up the plant and go to work.

But for me the corn grit wasn't that bad I reccomend that if you release them make sure to release them everywhere u have plants u don't wanna just treat one area and not the other or you are defeating the purpose of having them. Me personally I released 5k californicus and about 5k cucumeris in my veg area and in my tent I released 7k californicus and 45k cucumeris. These are really high numbers especially for my small area but wanted to make sure they worked and worked fast!

The way I look at it is between the 2 orders I spent roughly about 150.00 bucks that's not even a ounce of weed and not only that I don't have to spray harmful poisens anymore and the price it cost me for bugs that will seek and destroy a enemy that I cannot see and are tuff to eradicate with poisens alone was money well spent. You also have to think about it a bottle of forbid, avid, and kontos is way more money then what I spent on both my orders of predatory mites and with those chems the chances of totally eradicating bugs is almost nearly impossible because all you need is one lone scraggler to build there populations back up to make your life a living hell again.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I think a twofold approach is best when you're dealing with the worst... use the knotos phantom pylon whatever... Id not use avid and forbid personally simply because they are so commonly used that resistances are likely... I did use kontos but am transitioning back to only natural oils now in preparation for my own predator re-up... once the pest numbers are low or you think you are 'clean', you send in the predators to actively hunt any stragglers or pest mites that have gone dormant... kill em all.

300px-Into_the_Jaws_of_Death_23-0455M_edit.jpg

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hell yes I can second that where I would use avid on certain clones that came from people it was like it had no effect on them same with forbid. When I picked up tetrasan and kontos and used them for a couple rounds that's when I noticed a positive effect again when I rotated back to avid and forbid again.

Hats off seafour if it wasn't for you I don't think I would be where I am at right now with my plants so happy. Might of been paranoia but once u have dealt with the beast u can never sleep good again. The past couple of nights I have slept so good without my mind racing about my next plan of attack will be it feels great.

Also I would think kontos would still be safe to use with beneficial insects atleast ones that stay on the leaf as long as you only root drench since kontos is xylem and phloem active. I would be interested to see if it is safe if I notice any damage maybe I'll try it and report back about it.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree, for really tough infestations you gotta mix it up, and no shame going the nuclear avenue and blasting them w kontos, tetrasan, pylon, whatevs it takes, especially vs. hrms or Broads.
I haven't seen any spider mites in flowering at all, only one large mom in veg still showing speckled leaves... focusing on spraying veg now.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Its a temporary evil... I'm not growing out any treated plants to smoke... I'm taking cuts off of them to grow with natural oils... I lost a few months... basically I finished all of veg just to cut new clones and have to start again, but I wanna make sure the kontos halflives out completely.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ya that's for sure that's why it takes me so long to flip plants is because of all the cuts that I have to take in the process otherwise I would of already been almost done with my next round of flower because it's been about two months since I last harvested.

I hear you on that avi I hAve no shame of going nucleur those bugs are evil. I threw away all my old cuts from when I moved from my old house and had no plants around me for months and some how i think a couple followed me to my new house. I am just glad that I didn't have to stay nucleur. My last round of veg I sprayed avid, forbid and kontos before I flipped the plants and made it through flower without problems.

Also just picked up a few bubble mailers today so I'll hit with a pm shortly for the djs.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Its a temporary evil... I'm not growing out any treated plants to smoke... I'm taking cuts off of them to grow with natural oils... I lost a few months... basically I finished all of veg just to cut new clones and have to start again, but I wanna make sure the kontos halflives out completely.

I've been fortunate to avoid any really nasty bugs in my little world.

The worst, I suspect, hitchhike on clones. Whatever didn't kill 'em just made 'em stronger & a lot of people have tried to kill 'em. War veterans.

Growing from seed has its good points. I still have the GG4 crosses you gave me, for sure, but I'm holding back on 'em until I get dialed in better. The current round was a near disaster in veg but I must have done something right because they're flowering well.

I'm looking forward to your projects getting back on track, because they're amazing.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did a round of TP's this afternoon after tilling my pots... gettin there.
TP's?

picture.php

^^ glue canopy in kiddie pool

picture.php

^^ cookies on the bottom (front) , glue on top (back)
swelling and bulking, and frosting.....

also, finally made a batch of LAB that i feel good about, got real good separation of curds and whey:
picture.php

so i mixed up a fermented fruit extract; one large papaya, 2 cantaloupes, several carrots (all chopped or grated finely), some fresh flower heads from outside (first daffodills of the season, some indoor marigolds & squash blossoms) mixed with sugar (a lil bit of molasses) and lacto-bacillus.
picture.php

hopefully in a couple weeks this mix will smell all ferment-y and perhaps these plants will get a sip of this new mix. I've almost used up the last batch. I've been using my fermented fruit extracts (FFE's) at 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. Fed the plants in the room some lacto-bacillus in water at 4 tbs per gallon, they seemed to like it, showed some growth and bulk overnight afterwards.

Last edited:

Mikenite69

Veteran
Lime cookies hybrid cut!

Lime cookies hybrid cut!

Hey avi this is my lime cookies cut that I dubbed the hybrid cut. You can almost see where your plant how u said has like a bubba structure and I said the lime cookies has that kinda structure also well here she is.

She is the plant in the middle with bubba like fan leaves.
Lime cookies hybrid
picture.php

Edit: She is in the front left!