What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Elbow Room; Round Infinity (Rare Dankness; Sin City; CBD strains; CMH lights)

Epiphyte

Yeah mon, that dry glue looks amazing! Good luck with the homemade recipes. I just discovered the unconventional gardener myself. And Im also about 3 days into the milk fermentation of my first serum. I was a little gun ho and don't know if I let the rice wash sit long enough. What do you think went wrong with your serum?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is some nice GG man! How is that dieselrellaxPCK coming along it looks superb! Is that from seedstock?
thanks LT, what can i say about the glue? genetics get the credit...
beautiful afghan stinking with hints of SOMETHING purple smelling in there.
tastes mostly afghan
yes from seedstock

Yeah mon, that dry glue looks amazing! Good luck with the homemade recipes. I just discovered the unconventional gardener myself. And Im also about 3 days into the milk fermentation of my first serum. I was a little gun ho and don't know if I let the rice wash sit long enough. What do you think went wrong with your serum?

what went wrong? prolly temperatures too low, perhaps not dark enough.
maybe nothing went wrong, i just didnt feel confident in it enough to use direct on plants this time... so i "used" it on my compost pile instead.... cold feet, it's my first time :huggg:

Sorry imnlate to the party.on page one lol
better late than never, ghostmade, welcome to the elbow room
strap in, it's a roller coaster....
climbing that big hill again right now... :D

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

glues in the center of the kiddie pool, just barely starting to show flowers in the middle of week 2

picture.php

table of buddha's sister and pura vida, these are in the smallest pots in the room, 2.5 - 4 gallons, smaller plants generally also. this is where i was seeing the "rust" or cal/mag/phos deficiency, things have greened up nicely after some epsom salts, kelp, and a compost tea.... hopefull wont be seeing more of that.

picture.php

one of the oddballs in the room, from seed, a lime cookies x bubba.

picture.php

^^ another oddball, a flo x grimm reaper from seed, wanted to dig back into that project...

Mikenite69

Veteran
Everything looks great miles! Can't wait to see how that lime c x bubba(f2) comes out. So far looks very lime cookie dom.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks mike, i dig the way the LCB looks so far, def looks like a bubba to me (but Im more familar with growing bubbas than cookies) has a much more indica look than the Bluberry Lemon Larry... photos of that coming asap also.

Mikenite69

Veteran
That lemon Larry land cookie pheno was very sat dom and smelled of lemon heads.

The lime cookies always had more of a indica look to it hey could be more bubba dom. I have the lime hybrid I just flipped yesterday so I'll get pics up soon. It had extra big fan leaves probably the lime kush pumping more indica into the cookies we shall see Either way I hope your pheno is gonna be something really nice and special. I hope anyways that it doesn't take on the bubba smell just the yield and structure that the male had.

I also have a cross going that used the same lemon Larry land male pheno but I crossed it back to another Cannaventure cookie mix female that smelled and looked nothing like cookies. This cross is also very sat dom and seems to be taking after the daddy this was also flipped 2 days ago. I also flipped a lime c x bubba(f2) hopefully it starts revegging faster or I am gonna take it out of flower until it's fully back to veg then I'll flip it. Sucks when u have to sex things and revert them back to veg.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks lyfespan
thanks mike, also

just switched my veg to 12-1... any one have experience/ advice on this? I do have one set of shop lites (t-12's) going 24 hours a day with seedlings and reveg under it. I figured 12-1 may not be quite enough light to really get reveg going. altho the miles' bubba kush and the purple Pakistani diesel already are showing reveg growth, and awaiting any day the Ox and Kindness to show reveg as well (might be another one or two reveggin out there also... stoned on glue & can't remember entirely).

It's been unseasonably warm for the past 4 weeks, where i'm at. Went out to flip one of the compost piles today. This one has been cooking and not had fresh contents added to in in several weeks; I found it had sunken and began composting more than expected.
as stated in earlier posts
I've been (attempting) to make the Lacto-bacillus serum (DIY EM1 replacement); and have poured all attempts on the compost pile, first several weeks ago and again 1-2 weeks back and i'm thinking they definitely have accelerated the "cook". It had a slightly sour ferment-y smell as i flipped it, and much of it's contents were unrecognizable.

My cal-phos mixture (charred eggshells in apple cider vinegar) has been "fermenting" (really leaching, i think) for about 12 days now. I'm gonna do a test foliar feed on one plant tomorrow and if all goes well after say.... 48 hours I will probably spray the entire room. Most plants are definitely still stretching; but buds are beginning on every plant in the room as well. I don't think it's too late for the calcium phosphate to help, would have liked to gotten it finished earlier and sprayed earlier.

Also the "bloom recipe" made with various fruits, flowers, and plant materials and sugar(s) has been stewing and fermenting for about 7 days now, will, it looks all sorts of slimy and gooey in there. At this point I'm really wishing I had separated out the serum from those "attempted" Lacto-bacillus batches and put some of it in this fermentation and perhaps also the cal-phos (not sure if it would aid that mix the same way). Excited to get this regime going in the garden soon.

Will be collecting worm casting from the landlords worm farm this week also and brew a big batch of EWC tea with some ogbiowar, rock dust, molasses, and kelp.
Looking into making my own Kvas, a fermented russian drink, that is supposed to be good in the garden.

Picked up a box of fish bone meal (3-16-0); wondering if i can topcoat with this stuff lightly? organic peeps?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
foliar fed my home-made calcium phosphate on the entire room for the first time last night, also strained the fruit fermentation and will start using it tonite.

my next fruit fermentation experiment will include small amounts of baking yeast, cornstartch and flour as well as fruit & sugar like the last one. Perhaps some of the lactobacillus serum will make it's way into the mix as well.

I stumbled upon some alfalfa meal in the garden, so topcoated any plants with yellow leaves (mostly on the bottoms or insides of plants), used up the last of my big bucket of epsom salts on plants looking similarly yellow between the veins on lower and inside leaves. Will probably topcoat with some bloodmeal this week and/or next (weeks 3 and 4). My homemade soil is performing ok, I would say it's doing well, but the neccessary inputs of nitrogen and calcium/mag during these first weeks of flowering indicate the soil is lacking and needed further amending. In the future I plan on re-amending AT LEAST blood meal, kelp meal and MORE ewc.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
you can topdress fish bone meal, but it has a bit of salt in it so go easy...
I dont personally use regular bone or blood meal because that is leftover from Mcdonalds cows in a slaughterhouse...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you can topdress fish bone meal, but it has a bit of salt in it so go easy...
I dont personally use regular bone or blood meal because that is leftover from Mcdonalds cows in a slaughterhouse...

i put little less than a tablespoon of bloodmeal in each pot or per each plant in the kiddie pool/ big pots with 2 plants in them. tested the fish bone meal on some pura vida's and all looks good so most likely will similarly (1tbs per plant) topdress with fish bone meal.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
You talking about the 12-1 alternate veg light cycle Avi? I tried it. Its only advantage is saving $. The plants didn't grow faster or more robust. They were marginally faster to start budding, by maybe a week.
You end up having to veg longer to get the size plant you want.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yhea, 12-1 veg, just doing it to save $$ at this point. need 2 x 1k w hps in veg to cover the floor plan, im considering running one light 12 hours then the other light 12 hours, or some other cheap-o option, just to get me thru this lil rough patch...
I do like how plants will flip into flowering quicker when they are vegged in less than 24 hours of light.... i definitely noticed that difference running 18 hours of veg light rather than 24.

treating all plants with mosquito dunks, seeing too many lil flying bugs, they filled some sticky traps up in the first couple weeks of flowering and im sick of seeing them; time to die.

here are some pics at mid week 3;
picture.php

^^^ glue, stretching away

picture.php

^^ lime cookies x bubba (LBC)

picture.php

^^^ Blue berry lemon larry

picture.php

^^ 2tops of the blueberry lemon larry (BLL)

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey avi everything is starting to come along nicely!

That second blueberry x lemon Larry land cookie seems to take after the daddy on the cross. I have a pheno with a different mom than the blueberry going that looks almost identicle to your pheno. This pheno seems to want to grow vertical with just single tops not really a branchy strain with the father being dom.

I do know the father had the most intense lemon head candy smells going on with him he smelled amazing.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
i put little less than a tablespoon of bloodmeal in each pot or per each plant in the kiddie pool/ big pots with 2 plants in them. tested the fish bone meal on some pura vida's and all looks good so most likely will similarly (1tbs per plant) topdress with fish bone meal.

I know that running out of Nitrogen has always been a problem I've been faced with and was wondering what the dangers were of burning the plants by topdressing with bloodmeal? When you say 1 tsp/plant per pot are you talking 5 gallons? What is the application frequency?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know that running out of Nitrogen has always been a problem I've been faced with and was wondering what the dangers were of burning the plants by topdressing with bloodmeal? When you say 1 tsp/plant per pot are you talking 5 gallons? What is the application frequency?

i've never burned my plants by topdressing blood meal, altho have read that it can harm plants if applied too close to the main stem at ground level, once again tho, never seen it, and put the blood meal right at the stem sometimes (just to see).

smallest pots in the room are 2.5 gal/3 gal (2 lites worth) they all got one teaspoon each, only once, nitrogen problem corrected and i'm expecting them to be fine, also i added some alfalfa meal to the top of the soil a few days afterwards (didn't have enough for the entire room, about 1/3 of them got the alfalfa) still no sign at all of too much nitrogen.

many soil mixes call for 1/2 - 2/3 cups of bloodmeal per cubic foot (about7 gallons) so i figure a teaspoon scratched in to the surface of the soil won't hurt, hasn't yet.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
early week 4 pics

early week 4 pics

picture.php

canopy on the kiddie pool, early week 4 (day1)
the christmas lites are all green, installed to light the walkways for doing work just before and after the lites turn on/off.

picture.php

canopy of the buddha's sister and pura vida (mostly) table, these are the ones in smaller containers.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
week 4

week 4

some new seeds popping;

picture.php

picture.php

Elite Cannabis (davillian cannaseur) and Rare Dankness (moonshine, scott reach) have teamed up, selling seeds now at Greenman Cannabis in denver area (just gone recreational, no red card needed, i believe). Davillian was kind enough to kick down these 2 crosses, he know's im into CBD strains and always on the look for flavors and diversity.

picture.php

^^ Dieselrella x OGK
this was a stand out strain from last run, high yeilds, big buds, great flavors. pretty uniform among the phenotypes as well. This plant is from seed, and at about 3 or 4 nodes it "topped itself". split into 2 main tops without ever being snipped, fimed, or cut in any way. since then it has stayed very bushy and did not stretch very much at all in the first few weeks of flowering.

picture.php

^^ Bubba x Lemon Larry land
only female of this strain, high hopes

picture.php

^^ Canopy of the kiddie pool, glue in the back, swerves cookies in the front (cookies have more sativa looking leaves & slightly bigger buds)

after about a week of lights at 12-1 for veg.... i decided i didn't like it, plants just were not putting on growth that i felt they should be. I currently have 2 x 1000w HPS burning in veg; both on separate timers set for 12-1. I turned one timer ahead by 6 hours, so the plants are gettting 18 hours of light, but each light burns only for 12 hours with 6 hours of overlap in the early mornings when it is potentially the most cold outside and the flowering lights are about to turn off. I'm still saving power by not running BOTH lights at 18 or 24 hours.... and have noticed some nice growth since giving the plants more hours of light.

Last edited: