What's new

The Dr.Bud Method by Thundurkel

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well Sir Stickybuds the funny thing about what I thought was Thunder Goo is the shit smelled soooo much like this GDP/Urkel which ever it is and I had thought they looked similar and in the last week I had TG going I noticed it was turning purple just like Urkel 1 was so my buddy fucked up and gave my all GDP cuts which I'm not complaining just he's dumb for that lol but yea she weighed in at 12.3 and thats with me sampling a few buds off her too so I think I had a good 1/2 oz off her dry!!

haha yea that happens the ol mislabeled clone, i had the same thing happen then noticed in flower that i had mislabled for sure since i knew my 2 plants well. nice yield from it though. so for a comparison its roughly 1/4 ounce in a .5 liter vs. roughly 1/2 ounce in a 2 liter.... interesting

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Alright folks so here we are with some harvest pics and the last week before the chop so lets take a look...

here's Urkle 1 in the middle of week 8

Urkle 1 close up of some purple calyx's I should've let the girl go for 10 weeks :badday:

Heres some macro shots of a calyx turning purple on the tips in week 8

heres the harvest and weight weight

And here we are with the dry result yes it was a bit fluffy cuz it wasnt finished and I pulled 5.6g dry I would have pics but batteries died after I took this one and the dry shot of Thunder Goo which come to find out is just GDP but she finished nice and dense and gave me 12g dry with testers taken so I know when dialed in I will pull 8-10 g per 20oz bottle without testing bud's along the way....

Thunder Goo in week 8 on the day of harvest

After the trim

And the finished product..
Well I hope you all enjoyed this little test, I still have my other 2 Urkel/GDP's flowering along with my Maui Waui Tutty Fruity (which is the stinkiest and frostiest strain I've seen!) pics coming soon!

stikik22

thundurkle nice job man!! Are you Running the same strains next go??? i am gettin a "lemon Drop" clone in a couple weeks, i am shooting for a high density sog, with a twelve week cycle. 3 in, 3 out every week. i think the best part will be dialing in and the overall learning exp. thanks for the bomb ass thread.

looks nice man i just might havta pick up sum urkel and gdp i wonder what the crosses with sum of my other strains would be like

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Update number 2 for today and it's the Urkle twins and my Maui Waui x Tutty Fruity and boy am I in love with MWTF !!! So stinky and so frosty! On with the pics

Here we have Urkle 2 at week 7 recovering from a N deficiency

Heres Urkle 3 making a come back as well in week 7 just 2 and a half more to go before I give these girls the chop! I want to see them turn purple completely :joint:

Now these photos are my gorgeous Maui Waui x Tutty Fruity which I was told will also turn purple :rasta:

Here she is in the middle of the Urkle twins

A nice little close up of the top

Looking purdy

And of course some nice macro shots for ya :joint:

isn't she fucking beautiful??? Plus she is rock hard and seems to produce more crystals every day!!!

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey Thundurkel, those urkel's are recovering very nicely, awesome job on ur harvest bro. Go the CFL revolution!

Peace an Respect

b00m :rasta: :rasta:

u were up to the 16 a sq. ft. already during the flowering of these? or are you just getting there? the density of so many and the results are surprising. i crammed 8 in a half of sq. ft. to see how dense the canopy is and i'm surprised at the sticks of bud you get. very nice sir, can't wait to c what happens to my own one day so i can quit questioning and just experience it

phrank

good morning y'all

good morning y'all

Thundurkel-

Like Sir_Stickybuds, I was wondering if you'd actually reached a planting density of 16 plantlets per square square foot yet? I was thinking about this all day yesterday. Even if you only averaged 5.5 grams per plantlet, at 16 plantlets per square foot, that's 84 grams per square foot, which is equivalent to 3 zips per square foot, and translates to friggin' awesome! I am going to experiment with this method in the very near future, as soon as I move into my new place. :muahaha: Many thanks to both you and the good Dr.!

phrank

funny phrank, sounds like me n you are in the same situation. i can't wait to try this method but i have a move ahead and don't want to move anything thats in flower so now i have a bunch of vegging plants just waitin to try this method but under a 150 watt hps

hdn155

I have been looking thru your threads for quite some time now. looking and learning. now i just started my own grow inspired by you and the dr. i was wondering if you know which strain you have erkle or GDP? i just got some Gdp today. I will be happy if i can get 3.5 grams off my plant. I set my expectations low so i dont get disapointed often. haha. stop by my grow and give me some words of wisdom. Btw, thanks for diy bubble cloner!

right even 3.5 grams a plant x 3 or 4 a week is plenty, just the more the merrier imo, thats why i watch these so close, minimal is ok, 7 - 14 would be fantastic

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm doing great actually just had a birthday a few days back and I also harvested the Maui Waui x Tutty Fruity and boy did it turn out lovely... I only got 8.2g dry from her but it's some of the frostiest bud I've had in a while I'll let you guy's be the judge this grow made me laugh at my buddy so hard cuz he said I wont get crystals and my buds will be fluffy under cfl's and these buds came out rock hard and sugar coated!! Anyway on with the show

Here's the MWTF right before getting the chop on day 53 of flowering

Some shots after trimming

Here we have some nice look macro shots of cured Maui Waui x Tutty Fruity :joint:

Let this be proof that you can grow lovely nugs under cfl's