What's new

The Dr.Bud Method by Thundurkel

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Thundurkel said:
Squeeky - I put them under 24hr light after transplanting until they hit 4" which is 2- 3 days then it's off to flowering... As for the roots in the cloner I let them get kinda long and wait till they have side roots shooting off the first few roots that sprouted

Sounds like somebody has this Pheno "Dialed in"......Good Job Bro...... :woohoo:

bigd21

how are things coming along thunder? let me tap your experience for a second

are you still using the basic dr bud nute mix? And do you flush your plants before harvesting? Oh and what soil did you end up going with?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get my sog dialed in :rasta:

dotblunt

Wonderful experiment, from science fiction to science fact and all clearly documented out in the open for all the haters to see.

I'm sold. :jump:

Blazned

hey thunderkle, nice looking buds for sure! what was your gram/watt yield this run, we are interested.

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well I can't give you a gram per watt without having my box full and finish at the same time.. I can tell you that with a little tweaking DrBud's method can bring you outstanding results I am going to start a new thread since this was my old cab in all of the pics and I have switched soil and have some testing to do.. I can tell you that I did a little test of DrBuds nute line up in soil vs GH Flora Nova nutes in Ready Gro Coco Peat mix and the 2 soil girls had a head start by 2 days in veg and I have pics detailing it and holly shit have the Coco girls just blown everything out the box and they are by far the biggest in the cab with the thickest stalks,huge root system and they are 16" when the soil girls stopped stretching at 13" and they were all started at 4" which is the sweet spot for my strain. So now the next test I'm going to run in the cab is Fox Farm soil and nutes vs Coco and Flora Nova Nutes, I'm also going to do a test with the Black Gold brand soil with Alaska Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 for the first 3 weeks in flower then finish it off with Alaska Morbloom 0-10-10 and see if I get the same yield and quality as the Fox Farm line up cuz I still want to stay away from grow shops and I can get everything I need for top quality organic growing from my Ace/Emigh Hardware and I want to be completely organic in the next year so I will post my results and what I find out just know I'm staying with CFL's and may get into LED growing but I wont go HID!!!

bigd21

Right on brother make sure you link me to the new grow, I am tweeking mine too. That CoCo sounds interesting , I am also avoiding the grow stores but have learned that my local garden store carries everything I will ever need just have to browse around a bit

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
bigd21 said:
how are things coming along thunder? let me tap your experience for a second

are you still using the basic dr bud nute mix? And do you flush your plants before harvesting? Oh and what soil did you end up going with?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get my sog dialed in :rasta:

Yes and no lol I've been reading and learning so much about what our lovely lady needs to get to her potential so I've been playing around with different stuff. Right now I'm using Kellogg Patio Plus soil which I find to be very close to Fox Farm Ocean Forest if you add some more worm castings to it but I'm still not sure if it will give the same results but I'll let you know. As for nutes I have all kinds of shit over here now since I started lol Since the PK mom I got was in Coco I got GH Flora Nova Grow & Bloom,GH Flora Blend Vegan Compost Tea, Floralicious Plus and a sample pack of Kool Bloom 2-45-28 powder and since the mom died on me I've tried out these nutes in soil and they work GREAT! But I can only get it at the grow shop :badday: I was thinking to myself one day that DrBuds soil is probably just as good if not better than Fox Farm so I needed to upgrade my soil to something better cuz since I had found bugs in my old bag I've been using this cheap ass shit from Ace called Hyponex Potting soil for $3 1.5 cubic feet and it works with DrBuds Shultz SThrive FEmulsion mix but I've always felt that it had way too much N in the end of flowering and I hate the smell of the Fish Emulsion so I wanted to find something to replace it with in the last half of flower and thats when I found the Alaska Morbloom 0-10-10 and while I was there getting that I found all of the Fox Farm products so I had to get it!!! So now my new cuts go in FFOF and are going to be fed Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4 in the first 3 weeks of flower then I will switch to FF Tiger Bloom 2-8-4 and I still use 4 drops of Superthrive per gallon no matter what nute line up I have going. I'm testing out Kellogg Patio Plus soil with Alaska nutes and Superthrive vs Fox Farm Ocean Forest with FF nutes right now and they are neck n neck at the moment I will make my new thread today....

omenman

could you do this on a larger scale? say a 2 by 4 hydrohut with a ebb and flow table? and fill it up with 12 to 16 plants per foot? and 2 400s hps...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Enlightenment - Haven't you been to my other thread?? this one is kinda dead

Omenman - Hell yea you could I wouldn't get a hyro hut I hear bad things about the plastic youre better off building one and lining it with white and black poly or mylar but hell yes that would wrk I would love to see it.. I may fuck around with a 250wHPS grow in a few months

SquallRealm - No they haven't caused me any difference I think it's cuz the plants are so close together the roots stay in the dark anyway

C

Cozy Amnesia

Great looking bud you got there man. How oftan are you harvesting and about how much is each yield?

Thundurkel said:
I wont go HID!!!

Why not?

G

Greyskull

Thundurkel said:
I may fuck around with a 250wHPS grow in a few months

I am gonna have to check out your experiences with the bigger HPS lights. I think you will like the extra power and what it does for you. MORE YEILD

Frid

Looking Sweet Thundurkel! Those are some deliciously sugar coated crunchies! Love those Macro Shots!!

Peace!!