What's new

The Dr.Bud Method by Thundurkel

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yup just good ol Kellog Garden Soil with Perlite and I use 4 dropperfuls of Shultz 10-15-10 4 drops of Superthrive and 1tbs Fish Emulsion every watering during the first 2 weeks of flowering then I switch to Shultz Bloom Plus and use 1/4 tsp per gal with the Superthirvie and Fish Emulsion oh almost forgot I have been using 1bs of Molasses with every watering with the rest of the goods I get at local spots not hydro shops....

i feel you on that one, fuck hydro shops. where im moving to refuses to sell AN and now that i asked for it by name i feel black listed. like hes gonna narc me out. ill never go back there so long as i live.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey thundurkel, plants are looking sweet as bro, very inspiring to look at. I'll second the Fuck Hydro Shops, local hardware and garden shops have everything you need, no need to go anywhere else. :laughing:

Peace an Respect

b00m :rasta: :rasta:

maxima32

looking good kenneth kaniff hope you get that 7 grams per plant. Think you just might be on to something. Start looking for a publisher .

Looking good man..been awhile since ive been on any forums but shits been crazy round my parts. Glad your plants looking good...specially urkle 1. thats gonna be some bomb ass :rasta: Enjoy it and keep shoving your dick down those haters throats. I hate it yet love it when someone tells me I cant do something :fsu: ...I hate it cuz I just do and I love it cuz it makes me do it and I love dick slapping idiotic bitches who tell me I cant do something by proving them wrong :muahaha: I updated my log if you wanna check it out. Anyways, take it ez man and keep it up bro

Pce

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok folks ATTENTION!!!!!! Kellogg Garden soil sucks!!! My shit gave my new plants little white bugs all in the soil I fucking freaked out cuz I always check my girls and I had transplanted 5 PK cuts into party cups to veg but I was saving "my soil mix" for my flowering plants cuz I was out of perlite so I planted them in just Kellogg Garden soil and the next day I see tons of these little dudes running around the soil and crawling up the stems of my cuts!!! So I quickly checked everything and the only ones that had these bugs were the ones using just plain Kellogg Garden soil but it didn't have these bugs when I first got it so did they grow as the bag sat downstairs over the last 2 months???

InPotiTrust

Dam sucks about the bugs Thundurkel but if u had that bag in your basement thats most likely where the bugs came from as they like cool dark places to lay eggs and as soon as its warm they spring out on ya.You can still save the soil by baking it for about 30mins or more as thats what i do with my miracle grow organic garden soil cause it had alot of gnats.

sounds just like a common soil collembola, which i consider to be a healthy sign of soil life...they probably wouldnt mess with a living plant but might feed off of a plant which is dying...they feed on fungus and are attracted by that smell

the following is copied from here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springtail

Springtails are cryptozoa frequently found in leaf litter and other decaying material[3], where they are primarily detritivores and microbivores, and one of the main biological agents responsible for the control and the dissemination of microorganisms[4]. In sheer numbers, they are reputed to be one of the most abundant of all macroscopic animals, with estimates of 100,000 individuals per cubic meter of topsoil, essentially everywhere on Earth where soil and related habitats (moss cushions, fallen wood, grass tufts, ant nests) occur; only nematodes, crustaceans, and mites are likely to have global populations of similar magnitude, and each of those groups except mites is more inclusive: though taxonomic rank cannot be used for absolute comparisons, it is notable that nematodes are a phylum and crustaceans a subphylum.

Fat Tone

Looking Good.I can see you have kept them bitches in check. Keep up the Good work. Do you think you could squeeze some more plants in your cab?

immortal

oh no not bugs. I hate bugs. Great job on the gorw I hope you get those monster yields your looking for. Yea the bugs have probably been getting bigger since you last used the soil. hopefully they dont take over your grow room lol. Try switching to pro mix or another high quality soil. Good Luck

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Update is here....

These are Urkel 1 at week 7 and the curled leaves are from the nute burn a few weeks back

Heres Urkel 2 at week 5 with some defficiency I'm not sure if I under fed or over fed :bashhead:

Urkel 3 at week 5 here with the same problem as Urkel 2 notice the purple stalk?? wtf

maxima32

great stuff doctor. Do what works for you and watch the followers follow. Did you call that publisher yet? ENTREPENUER

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Organicmunk - I have a link in my sig with a diy on my bubble cloner and I will get close ups when I get new batteries..

maxima32 - I'm not the Doc buddy just someone he showed how to grow this way

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Purple stems and yellow leaves = nitrogen deficiency. I'd stop with the molasses and stick with DrBud's method, why mess with a good thing?

Thun, I'm going to be starting a grow using both the doc's methods and the hempy style, particularly with the modified hempybucquet but augmented with mini rockwool cubes in the bottom instead of perlite.

My question is this: could you have modified your ORIGINAL grow setup to use those bottles in a passive hydro system where the holes were drilled on the sides and set in a tray and nutrient solution was poured into the tray and the plant itself sucked it all in as it needed? If possible, this could allow me to use the soil I want for organic quality and not have to worry as much about overwatering which is a concern.

Frid

Thundurkel man, you have some awesome plants there man! Great thread! can you give me a link to this DrBud so I can gets me a education? Thanks Bro!

Peace :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts