What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah,, thanks ,,it's like loading up an old overgrow page,,thanks so much to everyone really

weedtoker

Veteran
For those without IG, here are some bits of info:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers

JetLife175

Veteran
Having "JoshD" or the "Swampboys" to confirm or deny, since they are involved in the spreading of the wave, ang got the stock in the same area, even if in different circumstances, would be cool, but one can't expect it given your folks federal schedule and all.

cheers

Josh is separated by quite a few people and never was in that circle so I don’t see how he could verify. I’ve asked him this personally and couldn’t get a definite yes, but a “seems like shit lines up” sort of response.

Ricky or Krome are definitely the ones that can shed some light on it. I remember way back in the day Ricky mentioning his cut came from surfers in the New Smyrna area. The guy surfs. There’s some correlation there but nothing concrete. It would be awesome if one of them could speak up.

I do know that josh and this origins_tk have met. They seem to be good friends now.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think Phylos pisses all over his claim though. It's very clear from the Berger story, that Bubba was a one off plant that got hit by herm pollen from the kush and the resulting find was labeled Bubba Kush.

OG x Bubba = Bubba Kush - essentially. "Bubba" was lost, as the story goes, and no one really knows 100% what it was.

That means, genetically, there has to be a direct tie in between the two plants, via a shared donor.

The ONLY plant on the galaxy that ties bubba and OG is a single plant entered by Rob C. Clarke, he entered as "Ghani". Unless for some reason, that doesn't mean Afghani and instead means Hindu Kush, then I'd have to say this TK story being told doesn't line up.

I could be reading it all wrong though and it could be that REAL bubba kush has never been put in the galaxy yet, because honestly, it's a bit ambiguous as to whether or not the Bubba entries, yes plural, are correct in the first place.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then to take that into further consideration - Look at the Chemdog IBL that Rez did compared to the Stardawg line that JJNYC did.

Same starting point - Chem D - different outcross directions. JJ used Afghani and Rez used Hindu.

Now, that the test of time has happened, whose lines, have been more true and representative of origin type Chem plants - Top Dawg for sure.

That also, leads me to believe, there is ghani in play and not hindu in play. While this is abstract for sure, it also leads me personally to the conclusion that using Hindu as the outcross material was a misstep, because it added additional variations, rather than compounding what was already present in the line.

Pure conjecture, in this post, but I still think it has merit.

dank.Frank

Burt

Veteran
What is the “emerald triangle” cutting?
That is the million dollar question
Could it be the first generation of seed brought back from northern Pakistan?
Murder mountain on netflix is mighty interesting viewing in many ways.
The most relevant to this discussion is actual footage of first generation kush plants growing in the emerald triangle
Draw your own conclusions but I’d bet my left nut the hippy who knowns the truth doesn’t even use the interwebs

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow Wendull,, so you were dealing with og before most people,, and by most it's seems nearly every person

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2001,,, i was just lurking on overgrow,, growing Somas nycd clone,, that's still pretty dam early on in the og story,, sure does sound like grass roots wendull,,

I'm behind on so many things dank,, it's scary sometimes how far behind we are in the UK nowadays

Burt

Veteran
I can tell you definitely that Scott didn't know what og kush was until I gave him some. Not one person on that mountain did. When I would go up I would bring it as presents.

Thanks for the good informative reply
What did you think of scott’s genetics from his travels to Pakistan?
Since you were on the scene dating back 20 years, what’s your humble opinion on the origins of OG Kush?

Wendull C.

Veteran
I think Jetlife nailed it pretty well from what I know, and was told.

Scott always grew from seed and didn't have any strains saved that I knew of. I do know him and his buddy made a good bit in the food old days, but things weren't named or kept. Just restarted next year. If camp or met didn't get the seed plants.