What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The progressive options Tahoe OG was insane....thick ass leaves and not super stretchy ... terps/potency maxed out

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tahoe sounds good,,, what's your favourites ss,,, Sfv??

I had the abusive og and was really underwhelmed,,, it was nice but not what I was expecting,,, pk seemed more kush than abusive,,, but wow abusive was a vigorous fuker, tall too

JetLife175

Veteran
I think it was in 09 when I bought my pack of reserve privada (dna) OG kush. At the time I found it strange the inside if the pack said skunk va (aka chem 91). At the time I was barely reading online. Anytime I smoked my keeper with anyone claiming to know the original they are impressed.

Just recently I saw a post in one of the many OG threads that showed that phylos identified chem 91 as the mother of many of them. Triangle and ghost among them.

What I find interesting is all the debate when it seems that the guys at dna knew this at least 10 years ago.

Or maybe phylos don't know?

What are the genetics of chem 91?

Whatever it is Joe b and pbud traces the packs back to the Camas Valley in oregon... Thats where the original source for the DogBud was.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Abusive let me down too, until I decided to smoke it like it was regs, then I realized it had pretty much no ceiling to it. She'll keep climbing the more of her you smoke. A unique trait / cannabinoid profile(?) I rarely see in many plants. She's one of the more sativa OG's and really not a bad selection considering she is likely 99% an outcrossed line to begin with.

Phylos has no indication as to what Chem '91 is yet...but OG is certainly in part Chem '91 x Clarke's Ghani - that much is clear within the galaxy. I'm still waiting for the original Bubba to stand up and the closest thing to it still in existence might be the P91.

The Galaxy is interesting though, because there SHOULD be an OG (JoshD) that ties back in directly to the Bubba Kush cut, if the Berger story holds 100% accurate. However, that's not shown on the galaxy any where. Which leads me to believe, the real Bubba Kush clone has not be entered yet. I keep waiting on Nspecta to do that one as well, but he has not yet. Unless, that Ghani, just so happens to be, the same cut or that was being grown in FL simply called, Bubba.

picture.php

dank.Frank

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Frank,, smashing the ceiling with this post,,,fuk,, i wish I could comment more,, I've got work to do on that post bro,, but one thing I can say is somaclonal variation seems to be fuckin phylos in the ass right now. It's starting to feel like they need more marked or deal with QTL properly,, because if they can't tell if 1 clone is identical to another,, then I'm a lil disappointed

I agree on abusive,, it's got a gooooood high,,, but tastes dry,, no body,, not rounded in the flavour department,, it's just hashy,, imo,,, fuker grows like auxin is going out of fashion,, it breeds monsters,, i grew out a good few crosses and all got good structure from the abusive ,

ffa was really good but didn't have the abusive monster trait,, the taste was from the abusive and its not my ultimate in that department,, but I gota say,, I think the mass is an amazing mother for fem og croses

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree they need more markers. Fact is though, they used not to group similar clones but then things got cluttered and they started getting overlap with people testing cuts not named properly. Then the clusters started. That changed the ability to track SPECIFIC cuts. That Ghani, likely only ties to a handful of the 30+ cuts in that OG cluster, but it does include TK and Josh D and Ghost and SFV and Tahoe and...so you know it's the right cluster, but we really aren't seeing the breakdown we need, in order to start seeing the full picture.

Personally, I think they have more data than they publish. I think those who pay for their services but choose NOT to publish the data in the galaxy, probably know more than they are telling as well.

For example, I know Stoney has a cut that he thought was Skunk Va - turns out it wasn't. It was something PRE-chem that filled in gaps and answered some questions. However, that data, is NOT in the public galaxy. I know the name he used to enter it and it's not visible data. That tells me, there is PLENTY to be learned and actually even already known - but - the monetary value in having something, knowing it, being able to work it towards a progression - that KNOW ONE ELSE HAS THE DATA FOR - or the knowledge on what direction to take a project - the "industry" is too valuable for some of this data to be shared. (Oddly enough, I happen to have a seed line that was made with that "Skunk Va" before it was tested and everyone went ahhh haaa about what it really was. I won't tell which one, but those who know, should be vying for those seeds, because they were publicly released for a small period of time.)

Welcome to the legal market. If I didn't have the friends I do, it'd suck. For anyone trying to get in the game now, it must seriously suck because everything is either all muddied up or locked down. Seriously thankful for all the friends and F.A.M. on OvG and IC that legit changed my world.

But I agree - Phylos, serves it's purpose, but it is not the open-source be all end all that we NEED.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Naturally, they were going to sell their services and data to the highest bidders. What else is the purpose of a company, but to make money, and well, if your business is data collection and aggregation, even if that data is genomics, then outside of those interested in the service itself, the database serves no purpose, in terms of monetary gain.

So of COURSE, they are going to integrate with a large company to solidify themselves as the authority, by association.

I've read they are offering their genomic testing services to ensure their operation is only dealing in REAL cuts, but I've yet to see it state they are the SOURCE of the genetic material. I think they are merely verifying / authenticating, although I could be wrong.

One of my goals this year was to get some of my genetics entered in the galaxy. That may not happen now, depending how this plays out.

dank.Frank

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That clone your taking about is potentially the most interesting clone in years and nobody knows about it, he's reluctant to even talk about it,, i actually feel bad talking about it myself,,, that clone is gold and in the beginning I was calling it prechem,, potentially a solid dogbud clone prior to the deadclones

Phylos is iP in the making,, an people just gave the info away,,, i just heard about them having a tc lab,,, i only noticed because a friend sends me all tc articles nowadays since I started doing tc myself

This is a repost by Adam dunn,,, i have since been told Adam took some clones without asking one of my friends to make a buck,, so even tho I've known him since 99 living in Amsterdam ,, im not so down with that clone swiping shit atall and feel it needs to be explaine ASAP ,,so I'm kinda reluctant to post this atm,,, but anyway,, here is the new post,,

i have been asked to ask him about this theft. An I will if people are into it,?,, some good people ain't happy and that's not cool,, but anyway Adam just posed this,,,

#Repost @elite_genetix with @get_repost
・・・
#truth #chem #ogstory #hypemonster #joshd #joshdishype #willtherealjoshd please stand up(i know him personally) from the sfv where the og became what it is today

The pics are cutting off parts of the story here is the complete text
TarzanaCareCenter

Hey!

Jan 29, 2010

and heres the whole story it was about how the og's came to be

OG Kush: "In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush." Lineage:ChemDawg x [ Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush]

Info on the differnt kutz of OG Kush:

Tahoe= cut brough into the community by Swe

Last edited:

meizzwang

The OG was added to mean "original". As more and more Kush phenotypes entered the market in Los Angeles, we wanted to distinguish our original kush from the other cuts coming out being called kush. Hence we added the OG so people would (unsuccessfully) understand this was the original varietal cut brought over by Matt and team from Florida."

You mean the story about the Old Grannie kush (you know, the badass gramma with a shotgun on her porch) was all lies?

At best, this is half truth. Yet half truths are just lies even if they are aligned with a era and varietal, there's much more to this whole story then random people and random plants and seeds becoming randomly so and forming into the hybridized cultivars known in the OG family.

To each their own, but the fox never believes in hearsay or random internet fables even though the masses will follow..The plants are the only thing that's going to reveal the answer to this riddle of the origin of the OG.

Lol honestly does it matter ? Why is the og kush origin so important? This is ridiculous

No, what is ridiculous is the marketing strategies and games played by the select circles earlier in and now the trademarks and more are manifesting. Yet the plants and natural order gets no credits overdue. And the select get rich and famous in their own world and in the cannabis culture, or monopoly as it truthfully has become from the very conceptual beginning long before any of these Og and Chem cultivars and the ongoing supposed mystery. There's more mystery in one plant randomly selected then their actually is within any of these stories built on bullshit.

Gry

Veteran
Was some shop in the valley that offered the planetary og collection a few years back.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the need to know the origins are key to producing more seed lots that produce a true, progressive, STABLE cannabis strain.

If you haven't all figured it out all ready - THE BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT - advancement in the cannabis industry will, without question, be the ability to produce identical plants from seed. The same as a tomato or pepper or squash. Genetic stability. True breeding. It will change everything.

You can't accomplish this without first knowing what the building blocks are and where the genetic variation came from to begin with.

Knowing genetic make up, doesn't change a single thing about what I strains I actually enjoy, but it absolutely changes what seeds I choose to germinate if I happen to find a good plant within a seed lot.

Everyone drives a car but not everyone cares about how many cubic inches an engine block is. I don't see why it bothers people there is a segment of cannabis users which are just genealogy nerds. Knowing about cars allows you to work on and modify their performance. Knowing about cannabis, allows you to do the same.

Don't ruin this thread with useless comments about how useless the thread is. Sorry it's content is outside of your wheelhouse. Just move along.

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts