What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

Wendull C.

Veteran
The warehouse 42 day affie that went around pre medical was a land race I would say. Or close to it. The Josh D I dont know. I was always told it was a lottery ticket that won big. It was just called kush then og kush to distinguish it. I cant cout the number of times 5 packs of "kush" showed up only to be bubba or hindu. I would wait all week and be disappointed with that shit. Hence the "it's the og this time right bro? Not that bullshit kush?" Which is what I called bubba at the time. It got no respect. All people wanted was that og at 560 an oz.

A lot of people grow it now and do the strain disservice. Back then it was all grown by people who knew what they were doing. Best I ever got for a pound was 8200 and the guy was happy to pay it. Where ever he took it he made 1800 in 6 hours. No bullshit.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chem Sis x (NL#1 x NL5) - NL is old reeferman stock from late 90's

picture.php

picture.php

Bubba Kush

picture.php

picture.php

I find the Bubba = NL story very believable, given Chem x NL produced the above. OG is a Chem '91 outcross of some sort. So, NL x OG = Bubba Kush, seems plausible, based on the similarities I've found in within familial gene pools.

dank.Frank

Wendull C.

Veteran
Such a pretty plant. Good night time smoke too. It was like Rodney Dangerfield, it got no respect. Until after medical got sorted out that is.

Nice plant Frank. I'm thinking of going organic. I hear you are the man to talk to....

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It really does sound like the new age kush (Joshd) is an sk hybrid of that "kush shit",, or what I would call old world kush,, it's not hash plant its not mazari,, bubba is a brilliant hk imho

Amazing work Frank

JetLife175

Veteran
Such a pretty plant. Good night time smoke too. It was like Rodney Dangerfield, it got no respect. Until after medical got sorted out that is.

Nice plant Frank. I'm thinking of going organic. I hear you are the man to talk to....

Yeah the only reason she got dropped from the line up was because of the veg. I couldn’t justify waiting that long to get to run her 10 weeks more. She was definitely some of the stoniest herb I’ve ever come across. The taste was very very pronounced and lingered. Man it was great. Packs of that going out for 5600 in like 06 to the Hollywood Russians. I was living the dream! Lol.

Edit: went through the archives and found a pic of the bubba kush in 2004 I was running. Shitty pic but you get the point.

picture.php

I’d love to find someone holding those leopard kush beans suge put out a while back. NL X OG seems like a really solid cross.

Last edited:

heatherlonglee

I know Fuji! I'm from Gainesville! I actually didn't meet Fuji until moving to Denver; mutual friends from Gainesville introduced us. I can say that back in the day you really only wanted that Fuji grown weed.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
love bubba had cut once wasnt as stong as og. katsu told me i probably cut at 7. i did. wish i woulda took it to 10

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well the one that really ticks those boxes is the josh D cut. It coats the mouth with that OG funk and doesn’t leave. My lady even says she can taste it if she kisses me after I smoke one. Lol.

Fuk yeh,,, that's how the cheese used to be,, skunk breath = wickid weed

Pk and bubba still are beautiful smokes,, pk being similar but better

JetLife175

Veteran
love bubba had cut once wasnt as stong as og. katsu told me i probably cut at 7. i did. wish i woulda took it to 10

I hate to admit it but there isn’t much that can come close to the knockout, dick in the dirt stone of a 10 week bubba kush. It’s a completely different beast at 80+ days. When I got the cut, I was told she’s good at 9 weeks, and great at 10. The guy wasn’t lying lol.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
I hate to admit it but there isn’t much that can come close to the knockout, dick in the dirt stone of a 10 week bubba kush. It’s a completely different beast at 80+ days. When I got the cut, I was told she’s good at 9 weeks, and great at 10. The guy wasn’t lying lol.

i took it at 7 weeks dwc couldnt imagine 80 day organic oh man

mexweed

Veteran
I have some colorado chemdogXheirloom hindu kush that go 10 weeks, going to be running them fairly soon

I always wonder too if whatever the 91 was crossed with has been redone with #4

JetLife175

Veteran
I have some colorado chemdogXheirloom hindu kush that go 10 weeks, going to be running them fairly soon

I always wonder too if whatever the 91 was crossed with has been redone with #4

Well the 91 is actually from the same batch of seed so it’s actually the same cross as the 91, sis, and D. The 1-4 were just popped later on. I wouldn’t call the 4 an exact copy of OG but it’s pretty close.

mexweed

Veteran
yeah but it's pretty easy to tell for example the D was used in chemmy jones, doubt it would be the same result if done with #4

the biggest difference I notice with og is some are more gassy and seem more chem dominant with a slightly headier high, others are more smooth earthy and seem kush dominant with a more narcotic body high, an example is sfv vs the white

JetLife175

Veteran
yeah but it's pretty easy to tell for example the D was used in chemmy jones, doubt it would be the same result if done with #4

the biggest difference I notice with og is some are more gassy and seem more chem dominant with a slightly headier high, others are more smooth earthy and seem kush dominant with a more narcotic body high, an example is sfv vs the white

The white isn’t an OG from what I know.

Edit: I think I guess it’s considered an OG but I just don’t see the relation myself.

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems like og could be a simple but amazing,, line breed hk x sk1?

Is the white something to do with widow,, I've never really tried it,, basically because I thought it was a widow?