What's new

the conspiracy theory thread

armedoldhippy

Veteran
To what extent is our government liaison'ing with them ?

What other world gov's have liaisoned with them ?

Have any of them been to Epstein's island ?

So many questions.

if they were cooperating with OUR govt, they would be tormenting our enemies...you know, like Europe, Canada, California, New England etc. the places where not everyone is loyal to trump...

St. Phatty

if they were cooperating with OUR govt, they would be tormenting our enemies...you know, like Europe, Canada, California, New England etc. the places where not everyone is loyal to trump...

That implies that our govt = Trump, or = loyal to Trump.

I dare say most our government is tiptoeing away from Trump, trying to do their jobs without getting caught up in his unique Trumpness.

The part of the government where UFO abductions are talked about is more, Deep State. CIA etc.

I got a glimpse of a piece of the iceberg in a job interview in the 1990's when a network tech told me he belonged to a UFO abduction support group.

It was part of an obviously pre-meditated introduction, that left me going "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Then he showed me a network that got the point across, he was a very skilled network tech & worked for the US government, then did network contracting for the phone company etc.

Brother Nature

Just because there isn't a rational explanation for some things, doesn't mean they're UFOs.

We're alone. Sad but true.

What a depressing outlook. With the universe being infinite, it's not statistically probable that we're the only form of intelligent life in existence, in fact I'd even go as far as saying mankind isn't particularly intelligent given how we treat each other and our only (currently) habitat.

X

xavier7995

That's where I buy in. I view what's out there as basically infinite, within those infinite possibilities there has to be something resembling aliens. Dont think we have connected yet though.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Just because there isn't a rational explanation for some things, doesn't mean they're UFOs.

We're alone. Sad but true.

until they ARE "identified" with certainty, then by definition they ARE UFOs, aren't they? :)i find the idea that human beings are the most advanced (much less only) form of intelligent life extant to be both incredibly unlikely and alarmingly self-aggrandizing of our species ...

Lrus007

Veteran
there is almost enough of us for them to harvest us.
leave a few groups of the same kind around globe.
then wait till the next harvest.

St. Phatty

until they ARE "identified" with certainty, then by definition they ARE UFOs, aren't they? :)i find the idea that human beings are the most advanced (much less only) form of intelligent life extant to be both incredibly unlikely and alarmingly self-aggrandizing of our species ...

Fair enough.

But maybe they do have flags & distinctive colors, just like earthling fighter jets.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yeah. It's depressing to know we're alone in this big ass place. With such a huge backyard, we should be harvesting it's resources. Not arguing about the limited amount here.

I think our behavior towards our own species, like every other extraterrestrial intelligences in the past, is where we run into the great filter. An intelligent species arises only to destroy itself before they can truly achieve universal greatness.

Too bad. Because it's ours to take.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Fair enough.

But maybe they do have flags & distinctive colors, just like earthling fighter jets.

well, maybe. if examined up close. of the 3 i have seen, 2 were in daylight, reasonably close (300 yds max, moving slowly) and looked like nothing more than really large silver-colored LP gas tanks...no wings, no visible windows, no noise, nothing...

dddaver

Veteran
My thing is, I think the discussion of UFOs is rather moot. Firstly, some newer science says the universe may be infinite. So there HAS to be intelligent life in other places. So if ETs had the ability to travel light years and galaxies to come here, which is very probable. then they certainly would have the ability to remain anonymous if they so chose.

But it's still fun to talk about I spose.

St. Phatty

well, maybe. if examined up close. of the 3 i have seen, 2 were in daylight, reasonably close (300 yds max, moving slowly) and looked like nothing more than really large silver-colored LP gas tanks...no wings, no visible windows, no noise, nothing...

That implies visual communication, using light visible to humans.

It's possible they have access to frequencies of light, audio, or "OTHER" that we haven't learned about yet.

Their craft defy many of the laws we 'hold dear' in the "Newtonian Universe".

It's probable that we are to them, as my indoor pet bird is to me.

She sees me sitting at the desk. She doesn't know if I'm doing my taxes or typing on ICMag.

She can see the difference of holding a pen, or typing on a keyboard, but has little or no idea of what it means.

St. Phatty

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WALCL

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/data/WALCL.txt

Normally the Fed announces their Total Assets in something called the Wednesday Assets Chart.

They've had no problem updating it before Thursday markets open - the last 3 weeks.

Could be nothing. Could be, they're writing the speech to
announce QE4.

attachment.php

That little uptick on the right side is the Fed (digitally) printing $186 Billion the last 3 weeks.

I believe the delay is not a coincidence.

Therefore it may qualify for the Conspiracy Theory thread.

So, as an investor, if you suspected that a QE4 was about to be announced, but were not an insider so you couldn't know for sure - what would you do ?

UPDATE - probably not a big deal. I think it's because Wednesday 10-9 was Yom Kippur and may have been a holiday for the Fed.

Attachments

• wed-assets2.jpg
    wed-assets2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 26

White Beard

My thing is, I think the discussion of UFOs is rather moot. Firstly, some newer science says the universe may be infinite. So there HAS to be intelligent life in other places. So if ETs had the ability to travel light years and galaxies to come here, which is very probable. then they certainly would have the ability to remain anonymous if they so chose.

But it's still fun to talk about I spose.

I was big into UFOs when I was a kid back in the 60s (I was big into *Space* and everything that implied), and read everything a dozen times. As things went on some people got religion about it but not me; after a few dozen cool stories, I lost interest in chasing that dragon (no payoff, endlessly regaining the same chunks of meat).

Personally, I’d be damned surprised if we were alone - and if we *are* alone, I’ll be wanting to know why - and how.... I couldn’t care less about the latest “OMG REVEALZ,,,” because we’ll either find out for sure while I’m alive, or we won’t, and only one of those will have any impact on me, my life, the world around me.

Any sort of incontrovertible proof would be nice...without it, we just have a horror-suspense sub-genre.

I saw one, once. I was more than 10, less than 19; as one of a few million kids, I wanted to fly, wanted to be an astronaut, wanted to go into space, and I watched the sky A LOT. Got to be familiar with planes in flight as seen from the ground (thank you, clean air!), and was one evening watching a B52 crawl across the sky (est. altitude + contrail signature) when I noticed a bright dot moving elsewhere in the sky. I watched it for a bit: nothing exceptional about it, maybe 20,000 feet up, no contrail, no sound I could detect (unlike a B52)...and I was just beginning to wonder what it was when it instantly changed from straight flight to moving 20x it’s previous speed, at an apparent angle of 60 degrees off its previous trajectory. It was out of sight in seconds.

Only a kid as I was, I KNEW we had no planes of any description capable of that speed or that could perform direction change like that (ie, without maneuvering (like, *turning*)).

I had one other experience that rang the same bell in a much more skin-crawly kind of way. I explain it away by telling myself it could have been the Goodyear blimp, which lived not far from me at the time, but...swear to god, it looked like a *rocket ship*...and having seen the blimp plenty from various PoVs - it looked bigger. A lot bigger. From knowing how the look of things changes as they recede into the sky, I guess it was at least 20,000 feet up, easily more...and I couldn’t see all of it...and it didn’t seem to be moving....

I stopped the car to get out and look, and it was still there.

Rubbed my eyes, stamped my feet, slapped myself a couple times. Scratched my scalp vigorously - all to make sure I was awake and registering. It was still there.

I looked around, no one seemed to notice it. I had no camera (phone left at home by accident). WISH I HAD PICTURES.

Was I stoned? Sure, so what? Was I trippin’? Not in any way - except for seeing it.

ObTopic: my theory on conspiracy theories

I believe most conspiracy theories are too obviously tetrised to be taken seriously. We speculate about what we don’t know, based on what we do know (or think we know); as ‘what we know’ changes, we keep the old and spin the new into it. Over time, these changes generate spurious ‘connections’ based on *all* speculation, because us humans have to deliberately clean up our speculations so that they match the world we’re in, not the shadow created by our accumulated speculations. Without making sure we stay tied to what we know, we are perfectly capable of wandering in the real world as if it was just like we imagine it to be.

These spurious connections I mention are, I believe, often crystallization seeds, “suggesting” casual relationships to seem causal; when that what-if goes off, we start looking for evidence of a connection, and typically what we find are the ‘investigations’ of people acting off the same or similar sort of event...which further stoke our speculations, now on overdrive. Convinced we’ve located the pony, we seek allies, others who think they see the same things we think we see.

Once you start taking conspiracy theories apart, you begin to realize that most ‘conspiracies’ are penny ante: these two collude to accomplish X; these five have gone in together to pull off Y; these twenty banded together to cause Z. Multiply those examples by how many different ways there are to sneak a deal, a consideration, a bribe, a coverup - purely for personal benefit, then multiply the result by how many actual people you actually know who have run scams on their friends, stolen from their friends, implicated their friends, covered for their friends.

Now consider how that might translate into the business world.
Now take it to government....

So, we’re looking at billions of cases of intent to pilfer, to distort, to ‘get paid’, to defraud, to lie, to outright steal. All overlapping. Spawning new, *actual* connections, bigger-deal conspiracies. And yet, individual venality, caprice, and blindness (willing or otherwise) lies at the heart of all of them. Amplifying the effect, blurring the lines, obscuring what’s going on in ways that even the bad actors can’t recognize.

This makes ‘conspiracy theories’ unreliable for understanding what’s going on. Add in the current attempts to discredit the public record, from the very top to the very bottom, and assert <words> instead of facts and events.

Facts and events. Cool stories are cool, but spin doctors are out to fool you, not explain to you: it a big internet. People can say any fucking thing they want, and they do...but facts and events....

Latest posts

Latest posts