What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The classiest coffeeshop in Amsterdam?

Hazeo

Veteran
Hey Guys,

does anyone of you know a good Coffeeshop in Amsterdam where he had been some days/weeks ago?

But i need a shop where you can find really potent weed; not the standard tourist-weed with that you won´t notice you have smoked...

you know what i mean....

thanks for some fast answers

regards
Hazeo

DAVESM8

Hi Guy's,

I haven't been dam yet but will be there on monday!!!!!! I have been assured by my friend phantom2 that CRUSH is a nice light and airy coffee shop with a nice vibe and cool staff. its located on marnixstraat just up from liedsegracht.

behind the backstage hotel. you have to go downstairs from street level. check it out,I will be................

Peace.

C

Chamba

Hazeo......the best ganja is the stuff you grow or is grown by expert growers who grow to smoke it themselves, not sell it...it doesn't get bagged, sold, transported and re-bagged, bashed around, sold, squashed, dropped, re-bagged etc....most coffee shop bud is not as good as the stuff you grow, some is, but there is a lot of variety to choose from! I think the point of visiting Amsterdam is to experience cannabis freedom...and if coming from Australia or the USA, to also experience a very cool European city..the light, the vibe, the food, the air, the people, their attitude, the fashion etc is all different.

When in Amsterdam, our cannabis mecca, smoke imported hashes that you never get a chance to sample in your home town...if there's nothing but Maroc where you are, then smoke buds of different flavors. If you sit around coffee shops complaining that the bud is crap and it's better back in Vancouver, San Diego or Sydney, then you are there for all the wrong reasons.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Hazeo......the best ganja is the stuff you grow or is grown by expert growers who grow to smoke it themselves, not sell it...it doesn't get bagged, sold, transported and re-bagged, bashed around, sold, squashed, dropped, re-bagged etc....most coffee shop bud is not as good as the stuff you grow, some is, but there is a lot of variety to choose from! I think the point of visiting Amsterdam is to experience cannabis freedom...and if coming from Australia or the USA, to also experience a very cool European city..the light, the vibe, the food, the air, the people, their attitude, the fashion etc is all different.

When in Amsterdam, our cannabis mecca, smoke imported hashes that you never get a chance to sample in your home town...if there's nothing but Maroc where you are, then smoke buds of different flavors. If you sit around coffee shops complaining that the bud is crap and it's better back in Vancouver, San Diego or Sydney, then you are there for all the wrong reasons.

Great Post... Agree wholeheartedly with all said above..

It;s all about the hash...! Find some pure stuff, like Rifman's line.. Yum..!

'Cause we DO have it pretty good in the Em. Tri., when it comes to Buds and full-melt.. Even though only the top 10 percentile is worth smoking....

I like hanging out at Abraxas, Dampkring.. The new one, that was Pink Floyd years ago. A few others..

Ah, to be in my favorite Global Village... All those cultural choices.. Rent a solid bike.

So much more than just the 42o.

Ruosk

Upstair of Abraxas is nice. Dampkring is also great - a bit expensive shop, but they always have good weed available (not everything on the menu is worth smoking, of course) and what's best for me is that their shop is much more spacey than most other coffeeshops / cafes in Amsterdam. Bluebird is also a nice one.

Pink Floyd's tiling had an amazing paint job, sucks that it had to go when Dampkring chain bought the place. Nowadays it's claustrophobic and too modern with all those flickering screens and stuff, no point going there any more.

Yellowmoon

Have to say the new Dampkring isn't the slightest bit attractive or a good chillout place. When it was still PF it was all-around awesomeness.

A coffeeshop must be spacey. Easy Times, Bluebird, Dampkring, even Greenhouse... that's what I think when I hear someone say classy. My 2p.

stasis

Veteran
I find the new Dampkring is cool and modern, unless it has changed in the last two years.. It's calming.

The new Greenhouse can be nice, if not too crowded. Amnesia also, again, if there aren't any loud wiggas... Abraxas is cool and trippy.

I need a return trip to assess the hash scene.. haha..

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been to most of Amsterdam's coffeeshops and the only one that I would say is "classy" or "upscale" is Greenhouse Tolstraat.

hogg

Less "Divey" shops:
Dampkring (all), Greenhouse, Barney's, 420, Hunter's, Resin, 1eHulp, Paradox, Amnesia, Club Media, Green Place, Crush, Kadinsky and Popeyes are all nice shops that I have been to and can recommend. They are not "Classy" neccesarily but nice to takr wife/girlfriend to.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
barneys uptown on haarlemerstaat, which right across from the regular barneys is VERY upscale, they serve alcohol though, so you have to bring your own nugs (pop eyes, pink floyd, barneys, and few others are within a block)

Love this place, their decibel meter for the live acts so that you can always carry on a conversation over the music is the shit.
Love their blue cheese burger as well... its very rare that I eat a good burger in mainland europe that I didn't end up making myself...
Great taking a bite in to after getting baked on a nice sativa.

just posted this pic in another a-dam thread a few days ago lol.. Amazing menu all around though. I definitely appreciate this sort of food over the vegan hempseed stuff at the smoke friendly cafes in Vancouver.

COQLl.jpg

Chemovar

I try to hit up the Grey Area for the Quaze when it's around but id rather sitt beside a canal than sit in that packed little box.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im remembering a nice place i went several years back (maybe 10 now...) called stix
had great herb cute talkative girls working and a nice atmosphere that said "stay" not "get the hell out, after spending ur money" (like grey area is, but has awesome herb everytime)

C

Chamba

I haven't been to Amsterdam for years, but when I'm there the coffee shops I've enjoyed the most had a pleasant ambiance and are the ones that are not full of tourists, just locals....some coffee shops are 99% full of tourists and going in there is about as unattractive as eating at McDonalds in France or drinking in an English or Aussie Bar in Thailand..as in what's the point of that?...and I also like the ones that have relatively clean air, some coffee shops are airless, stuffy, damp and as stale as a closed room and the second you walk in there's a negative vibe that a couple of vents and fans would cure quick smart.

Unfortunately I live on the other side of world to the Netherlands, so getting there is costly and time consuming, I do envy those who live in Europe and are just a quick cheap hop on a plane away..you lucky bastards! ;)

stasis

Veteran
I try to hit up the Grey Area for the Quaze when it's around but id rather sitt beside a canal than sit in that packed little box.

Totally. Not really a "Hang Out" Coffeeshop., unless there are only two or so people hanging. Rare.

But, I must say, being offered a Clean Bong to use by the Staff at GA, has kept keep me around for at least an hour if the music is good. Maybe more, if I meet some special Peeps, and everyone is in the mood to chat - which happens a lot in AMS...

MJBadger

Veteran
I hav`nt read all of this thread so apologies if my `q` has already been answered but i thought the law had been changed & no tourists allowed into the coffee shops to smoke Canna .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thats only starting in January in Amsterdam MJBadger. there is still hope that it will not actually go into effect, not big hope, but some.

this is the last year you can be sure tostill get in the coffee shops in Amsterdam.

C

Chamba

I haven't been to Amsterdam for ages, 2003 or 04, but do remember that I did go to the Grey Area during that visit.....only because I had read so much about it online beforehand....I was surprised just how tiny it was, even though I had read about it's small size, but it blew me away that it's about the size of a small bathroom! As I walking out a group of 5 or 6 American guys were standing outside contemplating going in, they looked as if they were all pretty well phucked up, but one guy in the middle was the worse, it was Jason Mewes, "Jay" of the movie Clerks", "Jay and Silent Bob" etc and he was off his head, reeling and obviously didn't know WTF was going on or where he was.