What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The classiest coffeeshop in Amsterdam?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Ya, Masa, People love to camp on the Grasshopper here. They always have.

I saw this happening when You came on to advocate the place.

To a certain extent, if One has a good time at a C'shop, it becomes a favorite..

Having said that. One year there was a nice gram of Turkish hash from there. I was unable to find that elsewhere and really liked it. Went back the next day and got a couple more, sending one home for later use..

I

idoreallytry

not sure if its still there but i loved the Twede Kramer when i was in hte Dam,,,,hte budtender drew a map of the city for me and marked out eeach coffee shop i should stop at and it was great he picked the best spots for us it was great good luck all who go hope u have as good of time as i did,,,peace

meltybubble

Its always been a tourist trap,the hopper.Is it still there?

From it first opened its been a tourist trap,more expensive in all ways.
Tourists who dont smoke,youll find em there.

The twede kammer,in fact most places are better.

peace.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i liked Rokerij #4
AmRokerijFour.jpg

The Bluebird
AmBluebird4.jpg

I also liked cafe de kuil
420-cafe-de-kuil.jpg

masamaaso

Veteran
Ya, Masa, People love to camp on the Grasshopper here. They always have.

I saw this happening when You came on to advocate the place.

To a certain extent, if One has a good time at a C'shop, it becomes a favorite..

Having said that. One year there was a nice gram of Turkish hash from there. I was unable to find that elsewhere and really liked it. Went back the next day and got a couple more, sending one home for later use..

It's the pretty ones that always get picked on...

And its not even my favorite, That would have been the Brown Derby In Delft but I think their closed now...I prefer the smaller personal run shops...
But Whats not to like about plenty of comfortable seating cold beer and a rib-eye steak.

:pirate:

I LOVED the bluebird, had some killer weed too.
Also when I was doing a little exploration with my bike I found the "coffeeshop 137" at the brouwersgracht 137. Found it on google maps, took a screenshot of it and the location:
9Sgnwj2.jpg

Also they have a webpage, http://www.coffeeshop137.com/.
The coffeeshop is by far the cleanest and the most comfy I've found. Definitly check it out. Had some AMAZING diesel aswell - and they have a RooR bong for client use :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i like to hang out at the green house on haarlemer straat, they have awesome torts and cheesecake as well as other very good food. plus it's big enough that you don't have to be all cramped up unless it's 420 wake and bake lol.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Come on guys and gals get out of the Centrum.
:listen2:
Two of the classiest and best coffeeshops in Amsterdam are in De Pijp area. A short tram ride past the Heiniken experience gets you to Albert Kuyp Straat and you have full on shopping, eating and smoking options all around you. Loads of bars too if that is your scene.

Club Media would be my choice as classiest coffeeshop in terms of it being smart and clean and having good quality furniture/fit out. It is also comfortable for a toke and talk over a longer period.

Next is De Graal which is not far from the de Pijp tram stop. Classy in more of a funky coffeeshop way. A very friendly place.

Both coffeeshops have some of the best weed and hash in Amsterdam for 25-40% less $$$ than Centrum.

There are another 10-15 cs within a mile as well.

Spare yourself the junkies, the gaping, camera touting tour parties, stag and hen do's acting like the tools, the hustlers, the street dealers, the pickpockets and the generally clueless.

Come to de Pijp. I think it is replete with classy shops.:smokey:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As mentioned...burn holes in leather furniture...not too posh! Have been to A'dam 7 times. Like Betty Boop (Quinten Tarruntino wrote upstairs...supposedly PULP FICTION). I like STIX, too....nice jazz, good bud tenders. For hash...a little unassuming place near Rembrantplein...THE SAINT. BEST red Lebanon hash ever! Yeowza!!
Like both Yanks and La Paz in Zandvoort.

Wasn't impressed w/ g'Hopper or Bulldog...for me, a bit too touristy.

imwise

Hi, for me we look at Two differets things... One is where you can buy the best weeds or hash, one is the nicer pleace to stay...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indeed imwise. Anyplace close to Centraal Station is VERY touristy, higher prices, quality not the same as neighborhood joints. Like Betty Boop...wonderful Space Cakes!!

Homegrown Fantasy is ok place...a friendly feel.Small bud bar, magazines to sift through.
Barney's Lounge good place when doing laundry...stop in for a toke, cup of tea.

Ones I was NOT impressed with:
GREENHOUSE NAMASTE. Asked for directions (next block over, I found)to Pollinator...bud tender looked at me like I was an extraterrestrial.
SMOKEY...was busy and bud tender seemed irritated when we asked questions on their goods.
BAS JOE- no special attention.

Just my opinion.

imwise

Indeed imwise. Anyplace close to Centraal Station is VERY touristy, higher prices, quality not the same as neighborhood joints. Like Betty Boop...wonderful Space Cakes!!

Homegrown Fantasy is ok place...a friendly feel.Small bud bar, magazines to sift through.
Barney's Lounge good place when doing laundry...stop in for a toke, cup of tea.

Ones I was NOT impressed with:
GREENHOUSE NAMASTE. Asked for directions (next block over, I found)to Pollinator...bud tender looked at me like I was an extraterrestrial.
SMOKEY...was busy and bud tender seemed irritated when we asked questions on their goods.
BAS JOE- no special attention.

Just my opinion.

I'm been in Amsterdaam many Times, when I was there just for a short weekend, just sat. And Sun. Was fine even Buddha bar... ;/)

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
I think the new Dampkring and Greenhouse shops on Haarlemerstraat are pretty nice but the new Barney's Uptown wins my vote.
it is not a coffeeshop but more a restaurant/bar where you can smoke.
Breakfast in the morning and drinks at night.
B.Y.O.B.-bring your own buds
it is nicely decorated with black and white photos of 60's rock stars-Janis, Jimi etc

Latest posts

Latest posts