What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Chem family

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
I've read through the entire thread & was wondering if you could expand on this 91 S1 theory for the OG, or maybe point me in the right direction for more info? Or is it simply that the Chem 91 self seeded and created OG (I think I've heard SFV OG specifically)? Thanks

Peace

i think was a stage 4 late female male flower from the 91c , or somethin in room with the 91c

just my speculation

The Baphomet

Veteran
I have a og that resembles the sour d allot , Iv always wondered what was its makeup

Attachments

• OG1.jpg
    OG1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 11

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Pretty sure i read an article by CC on chemD... think he said the 91 hermied, polinated herself, and the OG was found in the s1's...

I may be wrong :dunno: but i'll find the article tonight...

H

highsteppa

So where's the Dawgs Daze these days? Sounds ill, but there no sign of it online...

ufullachit

picture.php

I pulled a single chemD pheno from a ½ pack of chemD x spacedawg, alphakronik genes... alpha named the f1's 'cannabis'.. lame, but broke down the latin meaning to be canine... very cool.

picture.php

With the exception of floppy branches, she's a gem in every way... she fades black and dark burgundy, and would seem to finish in 8 weeks. I keep taking her overipe at 10 and 9. Her nose is repulsive yet intoxicating. Her flavor 197% petrol. Her head hammers in so fast it's painful, and her body is my very rare ticket to sleep...

picture.php

The name stardog was begining to stick with her, i now realize JJ has a stardog... in accordance with both her parents being dogs, and alpha's 'canine' latin breakdown... i would like to give her the very simple name 'DOG'...

picture.php

Don't wanna offend the old timers in crested butte or any one in the colo scene though... :whee:
picture.php

Links...

Grow... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=161259&page=2

Smoke report... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3727991#post3727991

I have f2's from a visually identical male... he stunk up my entire house like sour milk at 8" tall. Several hundred went to the bay...

ohh... WOW brother... you have a gem there for sure, afrkronic seeds is makin' it POP....

god bless!

demidragon

even if og is a selfed chem, someone must have had chem males at one point, or chem is just a cross itself. Id like to know the parents of that cross. My personal opinion is that there is hp in there somewhere along with a sativa or thai. Probibly thai and thus why the hermies and so many s1. Only speculation.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pretty sure i read an article by CC on chemD... think he said the 91 hermied, polinated herself, and the OG was found in the s1's...

I may be wrong :dunno: but i'll find the article tonight...

speculation... too much speculation regarding what the parents are... there is nothing concrete - not even an acquisition/backround story ala chemdog!!!
i believe thats why CC didnt follow thru with the OG write up for HTs... too much speculation and not enough fact.
if my memory serves me well :blowbubbles:

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled ‘chemdawg’ (now ’91 chemdawg), ‘chemdawg a’ (now chemdawg’s sister), and ‘chemdawg b’. In '01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled ‘c’, ‘d’, and ‘e’. the ‘e’ seed never germinated, ‘c’ turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg ‘d’ was the keeper. In '06, 'chemdog' and 'joebrand' reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, '4' being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the '4' was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the 'reunion pheno'. Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.

Those are the things I found to be the most interesting.
Imagine that male was kept and use to make F1 Chemdog seeds :dance013:
2 seeds left, thats very interesting.
There can be male in them, or them can be something better that the know chems :D
Damn why aren`t those sprouted yet :p

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
Chemdog had a thread at the farm, a while back, where he stated that those remaining 2 beans were lost... :dunno:

demidragon

forget the 2 seeds because they are bagseed and chemdog has no idea what they are made of. Id like some real info up in here.

H&L

Please don't take that chart as fact. There is no doubt it my mind that Bubba Kush is not OG Kush x West Coast Dog BX3.

STRAINZ

speculation... too much speculation regarding what the parents are... there is nothing concrete - not even an acquisition/backround story ala chemdog!!!
i believe thats why CC didnt follow thru with the OG write up for HTs... too much speculation and not enough fact.
if my memory serves me well :blowbubbles:
CC knows his stuff, there must be some facts leading him in that direction....anyone want to get his attention on this one?

Also, how much do we know about the original bag weed (Dog Bud I think)? Was it very similar to the chem lineage, better, worse?

Grizz

Veteran
lol. all these statements and questions and speculation have been went over for years right here on I.C.MAG, H&L did his home work, his thread chem 101 was a complete history of chem family. we will never know the genitics behind it all and it just doesent matter. its one of the best strains ever in my opion, so many crosses have been made and there will be many more to come. the best thing about it all is it was bag seed, just goes to show there are still good things out there to be grown from those seeds found in that extra good bag of smoke we find, maybe one seed , maybe 10, plant them, you never know what you will find.

STRAINZ

Ok, obviously this is a subject that has been talked about to the point of exhaustion! But, why wouldn't it be? This is essentially (for most) the holy grail of weed, so why wouldn't we want to find out as much info as possible about the lineage. We can send a man to the fuckin moon, you'ld think that we could precisely determine the genetics of some weed!

So, it does matter. And the more we talk about it the more likely we'll be able to crack the case....look how far we've come, we now have a family tree for Chem (lol). Plus, don't we have the technology to determine a strains geneology already...or was that a dream?

Nomaad, I think they're refering to the chart a few pages back!

Grizz

Veteran
I guess what i mean is we arent finding out anything new, its all the same info we have had for years, guess I shouldent think everyone knows the facts as they are by now. some of the statement made here are really crazy, a little searching old threads and the new people wouldent be so confused

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
Before i pulled my chemD pheno the best girl i grew in 2 decades came from a bag seed... tried a reveg and failed :wallbash:

Got a single late harvest s1 though...

Chemdogs legendary beans did come from a 500$ z 20 years ago... he bought 3... that dog bud musta had some serious bag appeal.

STRAINZ

I hate to be hogging up the thread, but I spent a couple hours re-reading Chemdawg 101 yesterday (great thread by the way) & really didn't get any answers about the OG S1 controversy. I'm still wondering if there are any facts that are leading some to believe that OG is Chem 91 S1. Greyskull was kind enough to point out that CC did not end up writing his piece in HT about the OG because there weren't enough facts to back it up. Well, are there any facts or is it just pure speculation based on the timing of when these strains started to surface and/or that the OG (SFV anyway) shows a strong resemblance to the Chem?