What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The CannaBunker Begins

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
You keep moms in soil and not hydro and you grow in hydro? Why that?

Insurance. I keep hydro moms too, but hydro is a little less forgiving, and the Green Crack genetics a little too valuable...

Dude I still like to use the Johnson A419 SPDT thermostats that Caligrower turned me onto. Right now I got one running a space heater in my place lol. Had the damn thing for years.

He got me on those too, they're very adaptable and pretty reliable (I fried one - user error) . I have 3 of them in my arsenal. I couldn't find them for a while, but found them again under a different name at McMasterCarr, the type 'G' thermostat.

1760k77p1l.png

http://www.mcmaster.com/#hvac-thermostats/=fgc89h

N

Nondual

Insurance. I keep hydro moms too, but hydro is a little less forgiving, and the Green Crack genetics a little too valuable...
Ahhh that makes total sense now.

Thx for that stat info change. I always thought those things were bulletproof but guess they can't pass the CannaBunkerMan test.

bs0

Any real-estate people out there know if I could ever sell this place with all of the "custom gadgetry" included with the property? Hmmm, didn't think about that one.

Interestingly enough, I think you would be just fine selling it.

From everything I have seen here, everything is to code. You've done a hell of a job.

(used to be a construction/building inspector)

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Interestingly enough, I think you would be just fine selling it.

From everything I have seen here, everything is to code. You've done a hell of a job.

(used to be a construction/building inspector)

Thanks, that's good news. Hopefully, I won't ever need to sell the place, but we live in uncertain times... I wouldn't have to get it "certified" that it's up to code? I never pulled a permit, and there was obviously never a building inspector there to check it out.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I had to rework the pulley system that redirects the force to open the door. The force was too great, and the bearings wore out, and the pulleys were digging into the ceiling joists. Also, the joists would move a few inches under the strain under the load.

I used some angle iron, and bolted the new pulleys directly to it. Having more lag points in the ceiling structure made it more sturdy with a nice smooth operation.

I also had to pull out the broken peice of the concrete step at the bottom of the bulkhead. Im planning on drilling into the concrete and using rebar pegs to make sure that it doesn't crack again from the weight of entering and exiting. That's the next item on my never ending list.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Here's a couple of shots of the broken step. Not quite as secret as usual.

Finally, there's one random shot that I like that doesn't have much to do with anything.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Oh man, I wish that I house I was going to buy had something like this!

aod

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Here's the latest set of upgrades and fixes.

First, the new step. I used 4 60# bags of concrete. I wish I had of vibrated the form from the inside for a smoother finish, but it still looks like it came out fine. I'll just paint it white later.

If you notice, I had to use the concrete form to support the weight of the door, and hold it closed, while the concrete was still wet. This made it impossible to open the door from the outside. I thought that if I attached the door pull mechanism to the concrete form, instead of the door, it would pull the form free from the inside so that I could push the door open and reset the door mechanics. It didn't budge. I basically entombed my grow room. I had to unbury the secondary entrance in the crawl space, and come in through the stairwell/ventilation room.

If I had of done that in the first place, I could have vibrated the concrete form, and had a nicer finish. Next time, right? lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I've started using CHC (Calcium Hypochlorite) pool shock in my main reservoirs at a rate of .1mg/64 gallons. This works out to a small pinch per res.

picture.php

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
What does the CHC accomplish? Does it just keep the rez clean? Thanks

aod

E

ekomsi

Oh and PS: For those I made dreaming since using reefer trailers is so simple to do: They don't have to be burried!

Just make sure your city code allows parking of semi trailers or just storage trailers.
You will be surprised how many DO allow it as long as it is a storage trailer (and not a "come and go" unit).

This thread is pretty awesome,

Strainhunter I think instead of building a new "custom" garage I might have to look into one of these, Thanks for the idea.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
This thread is pretty awesome,

Strainhunter I think instead of building a new "custom" garage I might have to look into one of these, Thanks for the idea.

Use existing sources.

Check Craigslist for "reefer trailer" also truckpaper.com Ebay and a few others depending on where you live.

Get one close by, hauling trailers with a Semi is expensive.

Here's a little video, not exactly how I would do it (to each their own) but it'll give you ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_1ykb2xH0

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
What does the CHC accomplish? Does it just keep the rez clean? Thanks

aod

It keeps pathogens at bay. I started using CHC and Mosquito Dunks when I started noticing more fungus gnats than usual. I think that might be why there are a couple of yellowing plants, not sure though. It also helps with algae. I started off only using the CHC with the cuttings, to keep plythium away. It worked really well, and it's super easy to add, so I thought I'd see how it worked as a res cleaner. The CHC is basically the same thing as "Clear Rez".

Here's the advertisment blurb:

EZ-Clone Clear Rez:

EZ-Clone Clear Rez is designed to help keep hydroponic reservoirs, tubing, water pumps and irrigation systems free from buildup during the cloning process. Clear Rez is easy to use and can be used during any stage of plant development. By keeping your cloning machine clean you increase the rooting success of your plant cuttings. Clear Rez keeps your reservoir water crystal clear and free from pathogens to help promote prolific white root growth!

EZcloneClearRez.gif

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Use existing sources.

Check Craigslist for "reefer trailer" also truckpaper.com Ebay and a few others depending on where you live.

Here's a little video, not exactly how I would do it (to each their own) but it'll give you ideas.

Holy shit, this guy spared no expenses. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that thing cost $60,000. Did he mention the price in the video? If you buy something like this, you need the semi included. How cool would that be?

TB Gardens

Veteran
I'm not sure who that guy is, but there is another guy (maybecsame person?) who left his multi-million dollar gig on wall street to get into the medical business. Forbes did an article on him a couple years ago. He builds grow trailers just like that & sells em. Apparently he has pretty skeevey business practices from what I've read.

E

ekomsi

Use existing sources.

Thanks for the link. I found a 98' Great Dane 53' trailer with ThermoKing reefer unit guy's asking 6600 for it. I just have to find out if the township allows these. I have a big enough yard to store this thing. Its something to think about for sure. Im leaning more towards buying a building when the time is right but the new garage is another option (old garages is a tear down). It wont matter what kind of "bunker" I decided on until I get my 6000W garden dialed in for a full year. Lets hope thats 2012.

What's good in here homie ?!? Damn this shits top secret ain't it?? Be peacin