What's new

The CannaBunker Begins

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Thanks for the update. those don't look like top hat grommets. Are they grommets used in electronic panels?

They're "push in grommets" that I bought from McMasterCarr.

Edit - McMasterCarr is one of my favorite online supply stores. That's where I purchased the water solenoids that control my reservoir auto topper. I like to give plugs to business that deliver. Their specality is electrical supplies. I've purchased float valves, sewer pipe end caps, thermostats, and grommets from them.

I found an online dealer for irrigation supplies, irrigation direct, that has everything to do with irrigation. They sold me the 1/4" 90 degree barbed elbow fittings for my drip lines for super cheap.

http://www.irrigationdirect.com/irr...p-irrigation?gclid=COHEtd7RzKoCFUFo4Aod0lfBzw

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
My other problem is that I am COMPLETELY out of cash at the moment. Okay, actually I have $130 to my name at the moment, so I'm not COMPLETELY out, but it's close.
Been there.
Necessity is the mother of invention.
:blowbubbles:

JG's Ghost

The size of the room does not seem worth the effort, but I get the feeling you're doing this mostly for the fun of it. Nice work brother. Nice work.

JG

Yo brother, great setup my friend :-D

Question... you dont get any issues with the buckets not being opaque??
as i can see they are white... with pink lids... so no algae issues?

TLoft13

Looks like these boys got you started in the right direction on understanding VPD. Definitely well worth the time to look into and understand.

ICF forms are Insulated concrete forms. Cost to cost comparison to traditional building it will run you slightly more in the beginning but they are basically insulated lego blocks that stay in place and you pour the concrete into them.

Keep those pictures rockin!

Good luck, peace
Things are awesome, i helped a friend build his house out of these.

ICF has got to be more expensive, but in a time-is-money world... I couldn't tell from the video if the core was filled, or if it's hollow. Were those the forms, or was that the final exterior? That didn't look so painful though.

EDIT- reading through the comments on that video makes it a little more clear. Is the concrete pumped into the forms? It almost looks too easy to be true. Well, in all, it wasn't a huge structure, and it didn't take very long to block out. I think I had it the blocks laid and filled in less than a week. The slabs were the beasts, each taking me about a week to complete.

It is. Imagine you got to build a real fucking house out of Legos, then pour concrete in the walls. Involvement of professionels is minimal after the foundation is set, basically quality controll.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

Like a previously already posted most of you guys are WAY overthinking this

All you gotta do is bury an already insulated stainless/fiberglass shipping container (which also is water & air tight AND will never rust!) and you're pretty much all set...besides the usual indoor installations necessary and the access to it the way you wish to have.

refrigerated_containers.jpg

Like a previously already posted most of you guys are WAY overthinking this

All you gotta do is bury an already insulated stainless/fiberglass shipping container (which also is water & air tight AND will never rust!) and you're pretty much all set...besides the usual indoor installations necessary and the access to it the way you wish to have.

refrigerated_containers.jpg

you can put blocks and bags of concrete on the back of your truck on pallets...

you can get a ton of sand just dumped on the driveway without a thought.

Building it this way eliminates the any questions whats so ever :-D

That container does make things a lot simpler lol....but meh if you cant quickly get that sucker in the ground and setup, a giant container sitting around isnt something id want lol

N

Nondual

you can put blocks and bags of concrete on the back of your truck on pallets...

you can get a ton of sand just dumped on the driveway without a thought.

Yeah basically that.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

That container does make things a lot simpler lol....but meh if you cant quickly get that sucker in the ground and setup, a giant container sitting around isnt something id want lol

And that's when the psychology of growing sets in.

As you already have realized growing is a lot more than just knowing how to get the plants where you want them.

Need to bury a container?
Tell your nosy neighbors you're getting an addition to your house put in!

Or park one of the below next to your house, it's your new storage area since your garage already is full of crap!
That's all your nosy neighbors really need to know to answer potential questions.

The key is having an answer before the question(s) come up!

Refrigerated_Truck.jpg

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I just recently went 5 days without power. There was only one positive to come out of it. I could FINALLY swap out my main breaker! BTW, do not try this at home. Touching live feeds without protection is usually not a great idea. Luckily, there was a huge broken tree severing me from the electrical grid, so I could be fairly certain the line was dead. I still checked it with my multi-meter. Twice.

edit - The irony in replacing the main breaker came when I realized that one of the connection terminal screws was loose on the original main breaker. I'm pretty sure that's why I was seeing the strange random breaker failures that I was seeing before. I wouldn't have EVER figured that out, unless I was to replace it. So, I wasted $150 on the new breaker. I installed it anyway.

N

Nondual

I just recently went 5 days without power. There was only one positive to come out of it. I could FINALLY swap out my main breaker! BTW, do not try this at home. Touching live feeds without protection is usually not a great idea. Luckily, there was a huge broken tree severing me from the electrical grid, so I could be fairly certain the line was dead. I still checked it with my multi-meter. Twice.
I remember one set up you had with an electrical meter wired into the design. Cool you used that mayhem to upgrade!

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Here's a timer box that I put together using a $30 water heater timer and a few extension cords w/plugs. This gives some added versitility to a standard CAP cycle timer. This timer is great for things that need to be done once a day, like topping off the res, or feeding soil mothers.

And it's portable!

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Here I'm taking advantage of the hanging garden to tackle inter-harvest cleaning.

I need to recast the concrete bulkhead step. Too much weight, and it's cracked. It can only get worse now...

Last, there's a random shot from inside of the sewer pipe of a netpot and some fresh rootlets.

N

Nondual

This timer is great for things that need to be done once a day, like topping off the res, or feeding soil mothers.
You keep moms in soil and not hydro and you grow in hydro? Why that?

I brought it over in the conversion!
Cool. Think it was like 5 years ago I first saw that thing. You gonna install a Smart Meter in it's place soon :biglaugh:. It was a long trip this afternoon and I was smoking Red Dragon (Brazilian x Afghani) with GT :)

Dude I still like to use the Johnson A419 SPDT thermostats that Caligrower turned me onto. Right now I got one running a space heater in my place lol. Had the damn thing for years.

Thanks man, this is some real cool stuff, best i have seen on here. Is anyone going to bury one of those sea cotainers, just curious sounds pretty awesome. Nice work mate.