What's new

The Cab Club

Tatz

Wow ! Thank you all for responses ! I grow 'em under cfl's, no light bleach for sure... About temps, all other clones have had the same(....) conditions, none shows the same... I´ll just keep an eye on her, maybe even revegg.....?

Thanks again, I´d be lost wo u guys !!!!

Oh, why can´t I see pics in the infirmary ?
Barth, can U copy/paste ?

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Wow ! Thank you all for responses ! I grow 'em under cfl's, no light bleach for sure... About temps, all other clones have had the same(....) conditions, none shows the same... I´ll just keep an eye on her, maybe even revegg.....?

Thanks again, I´d be lost wo u guys !!!!

Oh, why can´t I see pics in the infirmary ?
Barth, can U copy/paste ?

Were the pics taken after a dark period?

Simon

BC420h

I just found the thread so i figured id post some pics of my cab.
It's 38"x23"x5.5' with a 400w hps and 400cfm hydrofarm inline fan.
Temps are 1-2 degree's above ambiant.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I just found the thread so i figured id post some pics of my cab.
It's 38"x23"x5.5' with a 400w hps and 400cfm hydrofarm inline fan.
Temps are 1-2 degree's above ambiant.

Logical, efficient design. Great box.

Simon

Tatz

Were the pics taken after a dark period?

Simon
No, no dark periods.... No MH/HPS, at it´s closest like 10-15 cm from 125W CFL.
Feeding reg is BioBizz according to their chart, adding a little CalMag like evry third watering.

I really appreciate all the responses ! Thanks !!

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
No, no dark periods.... No MH/HPS, at it´s closest like 10-15 cm from 125W CFL.
Feeding reg is BioBizz according to their chart, adding a little CalMag like evry third watering.

I really appreciate all the responses ! Thanks !!

Well, that was my best shot. I'm out of ideas.

On a side note, I can't say that I've dealt with many similar issues. On the nutrient side, I attribute it almost solely to using a Canna-friendly commercial fertilizer - Jack's Classic. Honestly, I look through the forum and see new growers use all kinds of formulae, then fighting the problems they bring along. It really doesn't have to be this involved. One can grow plants like mine using a total of two products - one for veg and one for flower.

Simon

BC420h

Tatz....Your pics look simaler to when my friend had iron get locked out due to too much magnesium i belive, but it started with the tops turning yellow then turning almost white from the inside of the leaves outward from the top down. He flushed really good then started back with his reguler ferts, most came back but some of the bad ones never recovered.

Thank you all for the kind words, I finished off some plants in it that were started outside and it did prety good, the temps were a little high with my old 244 dayton so i upgraded to the inline. my next round (when im able to start again) i plan on doing a sog with 18 plants.

gdbud

I would like to share my cabinet here at The Cab Club.

My cabinet is a Mills Pride Cabinet 70" x 30" x 24"

When I was designing my cabinet I wanted the light to set front to back for better light distribution. How to make a 20" cooltube and duct work inside a 24" cabinet? This was the problem I was faced with and this was the design I came up with.

Intake air would enter a intake plenum at the bottom of the cabinet while the exhaust air from the cooltube will go through a exhaust plenum attached to the backside of the cabinet to the fan then exit at the top of the cabinet.

this is a picture of the whole cabinet and the cubbyhole my cabinet sits into.
My first grow :jump:

I used a strap around the cabinet to pull it out with.
The next picture you can see the exhaust plenum extending up the cabinet.
Look at that dirty filter :yoinks: that is from one grow (3 months).
I used a 12"x20" filter the leads into the intake plenum.

This is looking into the intake plenum with the filter removed the cardboard pieces are the light trap for the diffusers.
Looking into the cabinet at the intake plenum which extends 6" into the cabinet and 14" high inset with 2 6"x10" intake grills.

This is showing the three positions of the cooltubes.
The floating round objects are the end of my cooltube.
On the intake of the cooltube I have place a 6" round diffuser so that the light does not blind me while working with the ladies. and the bell-mouth inlet is better for the air flow.

On the backside of the cabinet I have attached a exhaust plenum that extends out 4". The back of the cabinet I have 3 6" round openings placed 9" apart leading into the exhaust plenum.
The cooltube can be moved into anyone of the three openings while plugging off the other two.
The cooltube is supported by a cable from the ceiling and two screws in the back wall.

At the top of the cabinet I have placed two green lights so that can work on the ladies in the dark. :covereyes:
I have place 2 4" exhaust ports that lead into the mechanical room
The light is shone through the exhaust ports into the mechanical room.

gdbud

This is a continuation of the previous post.

The exhaust air from the top of the cabinet into the mechanical room and exhaust into the fan room by a 4" opening beside the ballest.
Shows the mechanical room from left to right. Rigging for the light, Fan speed control, Light timer, 400 watt ballest and electrical control panel.
controls are attached to fan door with Velcro.

I used a 6" inline duct fan and placed it in side a plenum box.
It's not the best placement for this type of fan, But this is what I had to work with. On the inlet side of the fan I place another round diffuser to create a bell-mouth inlet which helps improve air flow.
The next picture shows the light entering the fan box from the exhaust plenum from the cooltube.
This shows the opening from the mechanical room into the fan box. I need to place a damper on this opening to help control the air flow.

Looking down into the scrubber at the bottom is the exhaust fan.
attached to the outlet of the fan I have placed another 6" diffuser, but this time it is being used to diffuse the exhaust air into the scrubber box.
The scrubber bed is in place into the scrubber.
I had problems with leakage with the scrubber. A fix for this problems will be in a future post.

I have tested the static pressure across the fan which will give you the total static pressure of the system and with the fan on full speed I have a static pressure of 0.75" inches of water.

On my last grow I had my air flow running between 80 - 90 cfm and at 0.25" inches of water.

There is a tour of my cabinet from filter to filter I hope that you have enjoyed it.

Tatz

Gdbud, welcome in the Club ! That is one awesome cab you've got there m8 !
Can't wait to see what comes out of there !!!

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gdbud again.

Love the pressure gauge, gdbud!

As a side note, addressed to no one in particular, I'm having a difficult time understanding some of the grows in this thread. Am I wrong in assuming that the object of the game involves growing as much bud, as high of quality as possible? If I am, please tell me and everything will make sense.

I'm seeing new growers take on fairly difficult processes on their first time around. Why grow in water, mix nutrients, measure ad nauseum, when soil can be almost foolproof? Why setup elaborate SCROG grows, under-utilizing half the space in the box and yielding far less as a result? Honestly, I just don't get it. This can be so easy and effective.

Edit: I should mention that I've recently transplanted a rooted clone for the sole purpose of starting a thread and illustrating the process. Growing weed doesn't have to be complicated. Shit, I was pulling 14oz (dry/cured) harvests out of C22s never having grown a thing in my life. It's not hard.

Simon

Latest posts

Latest posts