What's new

The Cab Club

M

m00nchild

Here's a recent shot of my vegging seedlings. The one in the middle row, second from the left, is the super lemon haze that will be going into flowering soon.

Here it is up close:

You can see the satori's in the background! I can't wait for those!

gdbud

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gdbud again.

I keep getting the same message lately too when I click on the scales.
The other message I get is You have already rated this post.
when I click on the reputation button :dunno:

Love the pressure gauge, gdbud!
Thanks Simon! it just give me a little more incite on how my cabinet is working.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
I chopped the plant below on Monday and Wednesday of last week after 13-14 weeks and it yielded 130 grams of "tops" and a 1/2 gallon bag of high quality trim.

Pine

Federation Island Sweet Skunk @ 12 weeks (below)

picture.php

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Congrats, Pine. Very nice work. Will you be using the trim for hash?

Thanks. I'm going to use the trim for water hash and I may use some of the bud for oil also.

I still have the plant below to harvest. It is also big so I'm probably good-to-go for the summer (I can shut down and cut down on the AC usage).

Pine

Dutch Dragon @ 13 weeks
picture.php

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Thanks. I'm going to use the trim for water hash and I may use some of the bud for oil also.

I've been making bubble, oil, and tumbling for kief, as well. We smoke most of the bubble, but the kief is killer in firecrackers. The oil, too, is used for eatables. Chocolate truffles, mostly.

I still have the plant below to harvest. It is also big so I'm probably good-to-go for the summer (I can shut down and cut down on the AC usage).

Stunning plant. How long was it vegged for?

Simon

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Stunning plant. How long was it vegged for?

Thanks. Really hard to say. I planted the seed last August, had some problems with mites (in the cab), and never put it into flower. I might of just kept cutting it back for months or cloned it and cut that back (I can't remember). Either way it was a pretty old plant that had been cut back and trained a lot. For yield maximization and efficiency, I'm probably much better off with 4 smaller plants.

Pine

B-roni

just found the cab growers thread. I am liking what i am seeing here. very nice stuff. I also have a cab...it wasnt bought but homemade.

lets start off with a little pic then get to the stats for this bad mofo
picture.php

alright so...
grow style:
cab/sog

mother clone area:

medium: dwc cloner, perlite/soil mix
light: 1 24" t5 dual bulb
area: width 17.5", height 13", depth 27.5"

flower area:

medium: perlite/soil mix
light: 1k w vented hood 150 4" cfm
area: width 17.5, height 30" floor to light, depth 27.5" vented by two 6" 440 cfm fans for a total of about 1000cfm for the whole cab

constructed with 2x4's T1-11 for the wrap. inside bottoms are lined with shower pan liner and top flower area drains to bottom mother clone veg area. inside walls are lined with aluminum flashing. running H&G nutes and currently running poweer plant in the cab

more pics :)
picture.php

picture.php

for venting i am not too stealth..i just run all my flex to an attic access i made in my closet

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

while i was in construction of this damn cab...i obviously had heat issues trying to stuff a 1k in there...so this pic is before the passive intakes were done up to 6" holes

picture.php

should be getting some clones in the next day or two... superskunk, alpha diesel, nebulus, and hashberry...keep your eyes on this baby :)

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
What are firecrackers?

Firecrackers are (usually) peanut butter-filled cracker sandwiches with Canna added. The key is all-natural peanut butter. Not necessarily organic, but the kind that has oil floating on top. It's the oil that acts as the catalyst, if you will.

Simple procedure. Spread some peanut butter on a couple of crackers, add ~1/3g of Canna (assuming a saltine-type cracker) in between, wrap in aluminum foil, and bake at 325 degrees for 23 minutes. Cool in the freezer for quick consumption. It typically takes 2-4 crackers for a solid stone. Kief firecrackers are a personal favorite. I need just one. In fact, the recently harvested Ice plants are so full of kief, that I dedicated the lot to the endeavor. <grin>

Simon

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Simple procedure. Spread some peanut butter on a couple of crackers, add ~1/3g of Canna (assuming a saltine-type cracker) in between, wrap in aluminum foil, and bake at 325 degrees for 23 minutes. Cool in the freezer for quick consumption. It typically takes 2-4 crackers for a solid stone. Kief firecrackers are a personal favorite. I need just one. In fact, the recently harvested Ice plants are so full of kief, that I dedicated the lot to the endeavor. <grin

I'm going to be trying this.

For yield maximization and efficiency, I'm probably much better off with 4 smaller plants.

Probably being too hard on myself. I did actually have 4 plants in the cab for the flowering cycle, but I culled one early when I realized I was going to get overgrown, and harvested another one 7 weeks ago.

I just finished chopping down the Dutch Dragon after nearly 15 weeks of flowering. It is listed as a 9-10 week strain so I clearly got some sort of Durban-sativa pheno.

Pine

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I'm going to be trying this.

As can be expected, folks have varying levels of tolerance. Some react very favorably to eatables, while others experience minimal effects. I find that it (generally) takes about an hour for the crackers to hit. The stone can last from 3-7 hours.

Probably being too hard on myself. I did actually have 4 plants in the cab for the flowering cycle, but I culled one early when I realized I was going to get overgrown, and harvested another one 7 weeks ago.

Your plants turned out beautifully. I hope folks make note of your cab design, training, etc.

IIRC, you were using Pure Blend Pro. Are you still using it?

Simon

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
As can be expected, folks have varying levels of tolerance. Some react very favorably to eatables, while others experience minimal effects. I find that it (generally) takes about an hour for the crackers to hit. The stone can last from 3-7 hours.

I'll make sure I eat enough to ensure an effect. :)

Your plants turned out beautifully. I hope folks make note of your cab design, training, etc.

Thanks. I have to say that the quality of the cabs has increased a lot since I built mine 5-years ago. My cab is no longer state of the art, but it works well enough for my purposes and in my environment. If I had to build it again in the same location, I wouldn't change much.

IIRC, you were using Pure Blend Pro. Are you still using it?

I'm with you on trying to keep it very simple. I hate mixing soil and I hate watering, so I want something that doesn't require amending and that will retain some moisture. For me str8 Fox Farm Ocean Forest (FFOF) does the trick.

With FFOF I find that as long as I transplant at regular intervals, my vegging plants do not require grow fertilizers. For bloom I use BioGrow. For a 9 week plant I might only use the BioGrow in 3 applications. Its organic, so it breaks down is available over time.

I'm out of bottled fertilizers now and I'm not planning on buying anymore. Next grow I'm planning to top feed with a high P guano in the early part of the flowering cycle and just let the plants rock after that.

Pine

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
fantech_acc_rc.jpg

I'll be installing one of these over the weekend. It's an integrated roof vent/cap made by Fantech. It will be painted to match the shingles and installed in place of an existing, albeit much smaller, vent. I'll be using a 10" model to bring cool night air into my main room. These devices are available with 4-12" ducts to suit any need, like maybe a cab. There are similar products for the side of the house, allowing for not abnormal-appearing ventilation solutions.

Simon

B-roni

alrighty then...i promised I would return with new merchandise...so here goes...got some new clones in

Alpha Diesel
Nebulus (purple pheno)
Hashberry A
Hashberry B....these are two different phenos
White Satin B
Super Skunk

so yo can see the layout of my little bubble cloner
picture.php

and filled...one of the neb died in transport
picture.php

This is my Powerplant mother
picture.php

and as of tonight I have 4 little girls in flower...I had 12 but had to take 8 out to fit the new genes...oh well. :)
picture.php

hope yall enjoyed...ill post a few pics in a few weeks to keep yall on the up and up :)

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Nice cloner. I have a couple similar ones, myself. FWIW, I usually make a map of the clone locations on a piece of paper, in lieu of using tape on the cloner. Makes thing a little easier with water splashing, etc.

Simon

B-roni

thx simon...yeah i have em mapped on paper too...i put the tape there so you guys can reference whats goin down. how the little bubble cloners workin for ya? it seems everyone is aero cloning these days and not hitting 100%. seems silly to not just keep it simple