What's new

The Bread thread

xtsho

Nice looking breads @xtsho. I haven't tried my hand at Pita's or english muffins yet. Yours looks mighty tasty.

From what I've seen of your baking, you shouldn't have any problem with pita and muffins. I do my muffins on the stove. They're not baked.

I also make both corn and flour tortillas. They might not be perfectly round but they're as good or better than store bought and I have control over what's in them. None of those preservatives and dough conditioners, etc...

Timj

From what I've seen of your baking, you shouldn't have any problem with pita and muffins. I do my muffins on the stove. They're not baked.

I also make both corn and flour tortillas. They might not be perfectly round but they're as good or better than store bought and I have control over what's in them. None of those preservatives and dough conditioners, etc...
That's interesting about the English muffins.

xtsho

Just pulled this out of the oven. It's sourdough. Bulk fermented about 7 hours, shaped, put in pan, and proofed for another 3 hours.

sourdoughsandwhichloaf08312023.jpg

Timj

Yes, I do make a bread called Cherniy Hleb it is basically a pumpernickel. I learned from trial and error using online recipes and then purchased this book. It's called "Flour Water Salt Yeast" , by Ken Forkish. I also learned from a few very good bakers over on another cannabis site I belong to.