What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Bread thread

Timj

I make most of the bread I consume during the colder months of the year. One of my favorites is a naturally leavened bread, or some call it a sour dough. I have had some very talented teachers. Here is a basic naturally leavened loaf I have made many times. First is a picture of the loaf itself and next is a picture showing the crumb.
SD.jpg
sdcrumb.jpg

Timj

This one is called Pan de Cristal it is a 100% hydration bread. This means when first brought together you'd never think the dough would be more than pancake batter. It uses equal parts water and flour. It was a challange I wanted to take. It turned out to be one of the most wonderful textures of light,fluffy and crispy along with an excellent taste. It can also be made using chocolate.
Pande.jpg
pandecrumb.jpg

blondie

Squash Challah bread!! My other half made similar some time ago. Squash rolls. Very similar tint as yours. Amazing flavor. How did it turn out? Sour dough looks great as well. Can’t eat flour at the moment but when I can again... im going to stuff my face full of every type of food that contains flour. Bread is up on the top of the list.

Timj

Squash Challah bread!! My other half made similar some time ago. Squash rolls. Very similar tint as yours. Amazing flavor. How did it turn out? Sour dough looks great as well. Can’t eat flour at the moment but when I can again... im going to stuff my face full of every type of food that contains flour. Bread is up on the top of the list.
blondie, that bread was really good. I love baking as you could see from the above posts. I also make some cakes and pastries that are pretty darn delicious. I think my girlfriend gained 20 pounds since we've been together. She blames me of course. That's some funny stuff about stuffing your face..