What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blueberry Trials

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome to know this Highsteppa - you have any pictures of her? Was that a bluemoonshine cut that came out of ATL area at one point, perhaps?

dank.Frank

highsteppa

Veteran
Last year’s outdoor from a five ft ladder. She gets huge with many branches. Golf ball nugs with some stick in-between. Out stretchs sour

Attachments

• 58FD55A8-ADCA-4BE8-810F-F225002D5E1F.jpg
    58FD55A8-ADCA-4BE8-810F-F225002D5E1F.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 35

Happy Times

To piggy back on this comment from VG and to make sure that Lester does in fact have the right information...

100% of all credit for that gene pool goes to Chili_Berkster.

He and I used to hang out in chat and talk for hours. I had a blueberry experience I had enjoyed - a lone 1/8th from a work associate, and such flowers never to be seen again. I was looking for medical lines at the time to address anxiety and stress levels. After talking for many months, Chili started discussing Digi with me and his work and her history.

The Digi clone - is pushing 30+ years old - and Chili does in fact still have her alive and well. It's not 100% known what she is. She is a very finicky plant, that grows like a thai based gene pool, based on her sensitivities, but flowers in 52-55 days. She also, just happens to taste EXACTLY like Blueberry muffins. The smoke lingers in the room to the point someone entering an hour later, having no clue you consume cannabis, will head directly to the kitchen and expect there to be fresh baked homemade blueberry muffins with a lovely crumb topping sitting on the counter.

It's legitimate.

Outside of that though, her effects - border just slightly on the 3rd-eye side of things. It's as if being out of body, observing yourself and the room from a camera positioned up high in the corner some where. Your thought processes and state of emotional awareness are heightened. Stress melts. Anxiety vanishes. Peace and tranquility and this awestruck wonderment with the universe sort of takes over and you just want to go bask in the sun and spin in a field of flowers.... :joint:

Again, Digi is LEGIT.

Sensitive? Yes. Over feed? Nanners. Light stress? Nanners. Root bound? Nanners. High temps? Nanners. Over-water? Nanners. Flower too long? Nanners. :laughing:

However, if you are a good grower, she has zero of these issues. She's just a queen who knows when there is a pea under her mattress.

The Digital Berry clone was outcrossed to a male Chili Berkster called Arnold, which was selected from Sour Bubble Bx2 seeds from BOG. He called that line, BlueBubble - and he documented it and several of the outcrosses here on IC in the earlier days. So the Bx1 line, Digi x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2).

I spent 3 years sorting the Bx1 seeds Chili had gifted me. I trialed 2 males before I found the one I though was THE FEMALE, I was after. Turned out to be male. I sorted more seeds, discarded more males and then decided to put him to work.

An early trial with non-selective 1:1 pairings showed a consistent pattern across all lines: about 3-4 out of 10 plants had very strong blueberry smells, with another 2-3 having somewhat muted berry / wine smells, mixed in with other notes from the outcross. 2-4 would have a much more indica dominant growth pattern with much heavier/thicker meristems and a more central cola frame. 1 out of 20 or so would have a putrid burnt rubber smell, that was a throw back plant to Arnold. Those plants, tended to be male.

All in all, I learned what to look for, leaning HEAVILY on Chili's input and pointers and tips for finding the best potential parent - and we picked out a great stud. His patience with me, is in part responsible for my willingness to help others make selections, if they post up pictures.

------------------------
When Stank Bros released Carolina Blue x Digi Bx1 - it wasn't quite the cross I hoped it'd be. The two plants, rather than meshing in some beautiful harmony, seemed to fight each other for dominance. The F2's seem to play MUCH nicer than the F1's ever did. That line included like 6 or 7 different blueberry generations in one cluster. The F2's are a potential gold mine.

That being said, I personally feel, the work that VerdantGreen did with is DP Blueberry mom and my Digi Bx1 pollen - has consistently produced, more unique, more stable/grower friendly plants - just all around better plants - than the CB x DB has to date.

That is just my honest opinion. For that reason, Lester, I'd say, for the time being, the best blueberry I currently know of on the market, that WILL produce true Blueberry Muffin phenos and some real exotic old school blueberry calyxes stacked into beautiful flowers - then VerdantGreen's BlueDigiBerry F2 - is a without question, one of, if not THE best contender you will currently find.

dank.Frank

Great info on Digi F2, never knew that history on the seedline. I’m really curious to see how this stacks up to the others in the Blueberry Trials

So I was curious, what lead to naming that lady “Digi”?

I found a blueberry pheno in Dutch passion fems 10 years ago. It was a stocky but stretchy bush with neon blue, golf ball nugs. It brings on serious red eye with a cosy and snug high, that tastes like blueberry muffins.The genetics are in there somewhere to be found like many old school classics.I wish you well on your endeavours ��

rolandomota

Veteran
Because they couldn't keep their hands off her their digits or fingers .they just couldn't stop Fingering her buds and smelling them fingers after full of bluedigiberry warm blueberry muffins goodness

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since I too love the taste and smell of blueberries, and have no problems with working with crosses, AND because I ran into the man himself while at the Cannabis Cup this past weekend in MI, I bought Mosca's Old Time Moonshine (bx11?).

I will probably grow them out soon, so I'll hopefully be able to report on the smell/taste by the end of the year.

Tonight I dropped 4 OTM beans into a glass of RO water. One immediately sank to the bottom. I also dropped 4 CSI Humboldt Sour Bubba Kush seeds gifted to me a by a very generous member here.

I'll start a grow thread with pictures when things get interesting.

99problems

To piggy back on this comment from VG and to make sure that Lester does in fact have the right information...

He and I used to hang out in chat and talk for hours. I had a blueberry experience I had enjoyed - a lone 1/8th from a work associate, and such flowers never to be seen again. I was looking for medical lines at the time to address anxiety and stress levels. After talking for many months, Chili started discussing Digi with me and his work and her history.

The Digi clone - is pushing 30+ years old - and Chili does in fact still have her alive and well. It's not 100% known what she is. She is a very finicky plant, that grows like a thai based gene pool, based on her sensitivities, but flowers in 52-55 days. She also, just happens to taste EXACTLY like Blueberry muffins. The smoke lingers in the room to the point someone entering an hour later, having no clue you consume cannabis, will head directly to the kitchen and expect there to be fresh baked homemade blueberry muffins with a lovely crumb topping sitting on the counter.

It's legitimate.

Outside of that though, her effects - border just slightly on the 3rd-eye side of things. It's as if being out of body, observing yourself and the room from a camera positioned up high in the corner some where. Your thought processes and state of emotional awareness are heightened. Stress melts. Anxiety vanishes. Peace and tranquility and this awestruck wonderment with the universe sort of takes over and you just want to go bask in the sun and spin in a field of flowers.... :joint:

Again, Digi is LEGIT.

Sensitive? Yes. Over feed? Nanners. Light stress? Nanners. Root bound? Nanners. High temps? Nanners. Over-water? Nanners. Flower too long? Nanners. :laughing:

However, if you are a good grower, she has zero of these issues. She's just a queen who knows when there is a pea under her mattress.

The Digital Berry clone was outcrossed to a male Chili Berkster called Arnold, which was selected from Sour Bubble Bx2 seeds from BOG. He called that line, BlueBubble - and he documented it and several of the outcrosses here on IC in the earlier days. So the Bx1 line, Digi x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2).

I spent 3 years sorting the Bx1 seeds Chili had gifted me. I trialed 2 males before I found the one I though was THE FEMALE, I was after. Turned out to be male. I sorted more seeds, discarded more males and then decided to put him to work.

An early trial with non-selective 1:1 pairings showed a consistent pattern across all lines: about 3-4 out of 10 plants had very strong blueberry smells, with another 2-3 having somewhat muted berry / wine smells, mixed in with other notes from the outcross. 2-4 would have a much more indica dominant growth pattern with much heavier/thicker meristems and a more central cola frame. 1 out of 20 or so would have a putrid burnt rubber smell, that was a throw back plant to Arnold. Those plants, tended to be male.

All in all, I learned what to look for, leaning HEAVILY on Chili's input and pointers and tips for finding the best potential parent - and we picked out a great stud. His patience with me, is in part responsible for my willingness to help others make selections, if they post up pictures.

------------------------
When Stank Bros released Carolina Blue x Digi Bx1 - it wasn't quite the cross I hoped it'd be. The two plants, rather than meshing in some beautiful harmony, seemed to fight each other for dominance. The F2's seem to play MUCH nicer than the F1's ever did. That line included like 6 or 7 different blueberry generations in one cluster. The F2's are a potential gold mine.

That being said, I personally feel, the work that VerdantGreen did with is DP Blueberry mom and my Digi Bx1 pollen - has consistently produced, more unique, more stable/grower friendly plants - just all around better plants - than the CB x DB has to date.

That is just my honest opinion. For that reason, Lester, I'd say, for the time being, the best blueberry I currently know of on the market, that WILL produce true Blueberry Muffin phenos and some real exotic old school blueberry calyxes stacked into beautiful flowers - then VerdantGreen's BlueDigiBerry F2 - is a without question, one of, if not THE best contender you will currently find.

dank.Frank

This pretty much pushed the order button for me,
I'd love to have some blueberry muffins growing!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

It's legitimate.

Again, Digi is LEGIT.

------------------------

dank.Frank
Are they available today? Where?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
dank frank, werent you pushing another strain for quite some time that was never available?:confused:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
They were available until this thread started. Haha

Having a hard time finding Digiberry myself. Hopefully VG will be able to restock as the Digi is the one I'm most looking forward to.

Began building the Blue room. This room will be brand new just for this project.

Thank you for the info everyone has contributed and the seeds members have contributed. True BB f2, Joey BB f3, etc.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since I too love the taste and smell of blueberries, and have no problems with working with crosses, AND because I ran into the man himself while at the Cannabis Cup this past weekend in MI, I bought Mosca's Old Time Moonshine (bx11?).

I will probably grow them out soon, so I'll hopefully be able to report on the smell/taste by the end of the year.

Dropped 4 into a shot glass with RO water for 18ish hours, then planted into soil. 4 have broken the surface. 3 have 1st true leaves showing (one is a trifoliate, so I'll definitely get a pic of her). One still needs to shed it's membrane. If that hasn't happened by tonight, I'll help her along.

I'll be starting a diary this weekend and will link it in this thread.

rolandomota

Veteran
That's the only place you will find them just be on the lookout they weren't sold out when I posted the link. Hook us up verdant green
I wish I had some true blueberry to add to my collection as well

Latest posts

Latest posts